I still think Melody had something to do with that note, Benny said the next day. Benny and Soo Lee were backstage, with many others, sanding boards for the scenery. Soo Lee took some more sandpaper. I dont know, Benny, she said. Violet came out of t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 43 The Mystery on Stage

When the fog blew in, Aunt Jane and Jessie decided to paddle ashore. They thought Henrys canoe was right behind them, but it wasnt. Jessie and Benny called very loudly to let Henry and Violet know where they were. But their voices were carried away b

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 40 The Canoe Trip Mystery

Jessie, Benny, and Watch were waiting at the Greenfield Post Office when it opened the next morning. It was a bright, sunny day. The post office was surrounded by shady trees and had windows across the front. Jessie, Benny, and Watch were about to go

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 42 The Mystery of the Missing

I guess I owe you an explanation, Rob said. He put his walking stick down and sat by the Aldens in the long grass. Youve just found one of the most valuable private collections of early American coins in the country, he continued. Was it stolen about

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 40 The Canoe Trip Mystery

Nothing unusual happened that night. Everyone slept very well, even Rob Wilson, who must have returned very late. He came limping out of the lean-to in the middle of the Aldens breakfast. May I join you? Rob asked. They nodded, and he sat down beside

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 40 The Canoe Trip Mystery

As the Aldens walked home, they saw Mrs. Saunders ice cream truck parked two blocks away from their house. Six children were in line for ice cream. Yoooo-hoooo, Mrs. Saunders called when she saw the Aldens. How was business today? She handed a raspbe

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 46 The Chocolate Sundae Myster

Dr. Skyler was pacing up and down the hall outside the planetarium when the Aldens arrived. Its about time, she said, checking her watch. Half the museum is working on Dino World, and nobody pays any attention to my planetarium. The stars and planets

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 44 The Dinosaur Mystery

The Riverfront Streetcar was jammed with people visiting New Orleans just like the Aldens. Everyone seemed to be wearing a silly hat or carrying a colorful souvenir umbrella to shade themselves from the hot sun. New Orleans is just like a carnival, V

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 48 The Mystery Bookstore

Rory held his breath as Benny reached into the hole in the closet wall. Benny was so excited that he almost let the pliers fall into the hole. Paper! he said. Hear it rustle? Dont tear it, Benny, said Rory. It must be very old. Theres a lot of it, Be

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 17 Mystery Behind the Wall

Inside the lodge, the Aldens got cups of hot chocolate and cinnamon buns and sat down by the fire. Grandfather and Mr. Mercer came in. Congratulations, Henry, Mr. Mercer said. You skied well. Thank you, Henry said. And, Benny, your snow sculpture is

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 32 The Mystery in the Snow

The next morning Benny lay in bed wondering what excuse he could give to get back to the bus station. He couldnt think of anything. He wondered what had happened to Jud and Troy after Mr. Pickett had driven off with them. Would they get to the town m

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 18 Bus Station Mystery

The minutes went by, but no bus pulled up in front of the station. Frank did not come back either. The strange boys were gone, but nobody knew where. Not even a car passed. Benny finally spoke up. Its one oclock now. Thats long past lunch time, and I

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 18 Bus Station Mystery

Each day brought several new customers to Piccolos Pizza. The Aldens were sure many more would follow once the restaurant started serving its big pizzas again. Finally the day came when the gas company was going to fix the broken gas line to the Picc

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 33 The Pizza Mystery

Frank put the dead fish in the trunk of his car. He locked the door of his house, then he got in the drivers seat. The Aldens slid in, with Benny and Henry sitting in front with Frank. Im glad we dont have the fish with us, Violet whispered to Jessie

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 18 Bus Station Mystery

After their late night out the children slept later than usual the next morning. Henry mixed up a batch of pancakes, Violet broiled the sausages, Jessie poured the orange juice, and Benny set the table. After they had eaten, they rode their bicycles

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 25 The Amusement Park Mystery

The Aldens had their own alarm clock to wake them up every day. With the first ray of light, Watch stood by Jessies bed and pushed her with his nose. Then he visited Henry and Violet and did the same thing. Benny needed something different to wake up

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 22 The Animal Shelter Mystery

The Aldens woke up early. The storm had moved on, and sun filled the house as they ate the breakfast of cold cereal and bananas and drank the milk Mrs. McGregor had packed. They tried the phone and were happy to find it was working again. There isnt

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 31 The Mystery of the Singing

Gratefully, Max smiled at the waiter who put a cup of coffee before him. He took a deep breath. My doctor, who also is a close friend, advised me to relax, and recommended this cruise. Max stirred his coffee. Its been far from relaxing. The first nig

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 29 The Mystery Cruise

Jessie led the way to the boxcar and up the stump step. Then she stopped so quickly that the others almost ran into her. Jessie, what is it? said Henry, sounding puzzled. Look! said Jessie, sounding even more puzzled. The table where they had left th

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 30 The Disappearing Friend Mys

They decided not to tell Grandfather about the missing stew and the arrow in the tree. Itll only worry him, they all agreed. Jessie and Benny made sandwiches instead of stew. After lunch, Grandfather said, Why dont you children run along. Im sure you

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 27 Gertrude Chandler Warner