The show sounded great today, Jocelyn praised. She and Grandfather had dropped by the station and found Henry, Jessie, Violet, and Benny in the breakroom. Avery came in, joined by Gwen and Frances. Well, these kids kept it going but it wasnt easy, he

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 97 The Radio Mystery

Lina, Violet said as the Aldens followed Lina to the house, theres something Henry and I need to tell you. Henry nodded solemnly. He and Violet quickly filled in the others on the man with the bouncy walk who had sneaked into Linas house during the y

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 99 The Finders Keepers Mystery

Violet woke up during the night. She was thirsty, so she decided to go down to the kitchen to get a drink of water. She slipped quietly out of bed. As she crept across the room, something out the window caught her eye. Violet tiptoed over to the wind

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 101 The Clue in the Corn Maze

Henry set the box down gently beside the hole. Is it heavy? asked Benny excitedly. No, its not, said Henry. Whats inside? Benny asked. Well soon see. Reaching around in front, Henry carefully unlatched the top. Then he lifted the lid. Inside the box

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 100 The Mystery of the Haunted

The Alden children slept until almost nine oclock the next morning. When they got up, the house was quiet. I wonder where Grandfather and Ken are, Benny said. Maybe theyre downstairs, Henry said. So the children headed downstairs. They heard a voice

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 101 The Clue in the Corn Maze

That night, all the Aldens fell asleep right away. Around midnight, Benny stirred. He thought he heard somethinga rushing kind of sound. It seemed to be coming from outside. What was making that noise? Henry? he whispered. Henry didnt answer. He was

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 102 The Ghost of the Chatterin

The next day was bright and sunny, and while eating a breakfast of fresh orange juice and waffles they saw Jason in the dining room, huddled over a cup of coffee. Did anything else happen last night? Benny asked. Jason assured them that the rest of t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 53 The Guide Dog Mystery

Im scared, Benny admitted. Violet gulped. Take my hand. Were not far from the farm. Guided by the moonlight, Violet and Benny made their way home, stumbling over rocks and large branches in their path. Things sure look different in the dark, Benny mu

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 67 The Mystery of the Stolen S

Goodness, I had no idea that letter was stolen. Thats dreadful! the owner of the antique store exclaimed. Mrs. Holmes was a round, short woman with wiry gray hair. I would never knowingly sell stolen merchandise, she told the Aldens. I must call the

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 67 The Mystery of the Stolen S

Benny sat up and asked, Who is it? Then Henry called down from the top bunk. Annie? Wait a minute. He jumped down as Benny slid the door open. Annie was standing in the corridor in a bright blue robe and yellow slippers. She said, Im sorry to wake yo

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 51 The Mystery on the Train

A girl stood by the roadside, holding a basket. She was a little older than Jessie. Her black hair was in a ponytail with a red ribbon tied around it. She wore a white blouse and a full skirt stitched of many patches yellow, red, and blue. Hello, sai

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 66 The Panther Mystery

Is your father here? asked Henry. Irene nodded, her ponytail bouncing. Can we talk to him? Henry asked. Hes fixing a friends airboat, she said. Ill take you over to him. The ramp had two airboats docked. Jessie figured one belonged to Irenes father.

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 66 The Panther Mystery

The next morning, they all piled into the rental car and drove south to the main visitors center in the Everglades. I cant believe the runaround were getting, Grandfather said as he waved his pass at the ranger in the booth. First Melanie Harper says

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 66 The Panther Mystery

Aunt Jane and Uncle Andy are already back with our clothes! Violet said. Lets go meet them. She stepped off the boat onto the dock. The other Aldens followed her, excited that theyd be staying on Kates boat that night. Their aunt and uncle were visit

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 57 The Mystery in San Francisc

Im thirsty, thought Violet sleepily, waking from a deep sleep. It was very late. Violet got her flashlight and water glass from by the bed and went to the bathroom to fill the glass. Back in her room, she sat down on the edge of her bed, turned off t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 54 The Hurricane Mystery

The Aldens looked at each other in surprise when they heard what Ms. Lerner had said. What was that all about, Chief? asked Christine. Mike looked grim. Ms. Lerner just told me that the town council is thinking of tearing down this building. They thi

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 56 The Firehouse Mystery

When they returned to the docks, the Aldens met Kate. Ive been looking for you, she said. Your aunt phoned. She and your uncle will be late. They dont expect to get here until dinnertime. I wish I had time to take you sightseeing, but with Charlie an

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 57 The Mystery in San Francisc

The Aldens were supposed to start unpacking, but that would just have to wait. Old Faithful, the most famous geyser in the world, was about to perform again. Look at all the people hurrying so they wont miss it, Violet said, leaning against the windo

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 61 The Growling Bear Mystery

The children woke up at six the next morning. No slugabed Aldens today! Jessie said a few minutes after she woke up. We have to be at the front desk at six-thirty. While the other children stirred and stretched, Jessie reread the note they had found

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 61 The Growling Bear Mystery

That afternoon, Cousin Mary returned to Pineapple Place just as the Aldens returned from snorkeling. Such long faces! Is anything the matter? she asked when she noticed how quiet the children were. Was the water too cloudy for snorkeling? Sometimes t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 64 The Black Pearl Mystery