From NPR News in Washington,I am Jack Speer. Americans pausing to remember where they were 50 years ago today when the country lost a president.Speaking at a ceremony near the site where John F Kennedy,the nation's 35th president,was felled by an ass

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

一.本课要点及示例 在这一课里, 我们要学习几个由动词和介词构成的常用语, 比方

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(441) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA中级美国英语

Labor support has hit a 15-year low with almost two thirds of voters opposed to a carbon tax. The tax is also on the nose with business. The Food and Grocery Council has joined other industries in signing a letter to the Prime Minister, asking for as

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2011年

Victoria: Missed you at breakfast. Charlotte: Not hungry. Victoria: Charlotte... We'regoing to have to discuss our communication problems at some point. And ratherthan dwelling on the past, I think the remedy for us would be to find somecommon ground

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Vocabulary Task Script and Answers 1. A: Look at this coat, Liz. It is so beautiful. B: Yeah, I like it very much, and it is made of tweed. Tweeds are the big thing this autumn, you know. How much is it? A: £100. B: Its too expensive. It is beyond

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

Now Your Turn A: Shall we switch to another channel? I dont like those TV commercials. B: Why do you think so? Look: Just do it! What a powerful product. A: I doubt it. B: Now, look at this LOreal commercial. The models skin is so smooth. A: This is

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

How do you cope with tension? 你如何处理紧张的关系? I believe my professionalism was universally respected by my former bosses and co-workers,and I think I was well-liked by the vast majority of people with whom I came in regular contact.

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 必背英文面试口语

By Sarah Zaman Washington 04 October 2007 The popularity of skateboarding has soared and plummeted since the sport's inception more than a half century ago, much like skateboarders themselves. But now it is more popular than ever. Urdu TV's Sarah Zam

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

1. A military plane crashed shortly after take-off from Dover Airforce Base in Delaware early today. There were 17 people on board. All survived. The plane had apparently just taken off when the pilot

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

今天要学的一个词组是:double standard。 Double standard是指双重标准。美国连锁商店沃尔马允许在中国的分店组织工会,却不允许在美国的商店组织工会。媒体报导的标题说:Critics claim double sta

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

By Mona Ghuneim New York 24 July 2007 U.N. relief coordinator John Holmes says one of the most severe droughts on record in southern Africa could turn into a serious humanitarian crisis if help is not forthcoming. VOA's Mona Ghuneim in New York repor

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

Pakistani flood survivors wait their turn to get relief food distributed by naval officials in Sangi Village near Sukkur, southern Pakistan, 19 Aug 2010 U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is urging the international community to generously assist the

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

The international community is pledging aid packages for survivors of China's earthquake, which has killed more than 14,000 people and left tens of thousands of others in need of emergency aid. The southern Chinese city is spearheading a global relie

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年5月

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 10 December 2007 The United Nations is launching a $3.8 billion appeal to provide urgent support to 25 million people in humanitarian emergencies in 24 countries. Nine of the 10 countries in the 2008 Humanitarian appeal are in

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十二月)

PARIS, May 18 (Xinhua) -- The European aircraft maker Airbus hailed on Wednesday the judgement by an appeal body of the World Trade Organization (WTO), saying it is a big win for Europe because it showed a favor to Airbus in disputes with U.S. rival

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是back-to-school。 Back-to-school, 返回学校,其实就是指假期结束,要开学了。 Many stores have back-to-school promotions in August, 很多商店都会在八月份新学期开始前推出商品促销活动。

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

The United Nations secretary-general is expressing hope that two envoys he has dispatched to the Democratic Republic of Congo and Rwanda can contain what Ban Ki-Moon calls a very serious situation in the region. Speaking to reporters in the Indian c

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十一月)

A Song for the Victims 为受难者献上的一首歌 Singers and bands from around the world have been gathering in London to record a charity single in aid of the victims of the Haiti earthquake disaster. Artists like Mariah Carey, Robbie Williams

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Idiom: Rule of thumb ( common sense ) Hit the book: Center around Novelty Appeal Compromise Prioritize Domino effect Nudge Self-perpetuating Price-sensitive The chances of Taco Bell committing to use only cage-free eggs seemed particularly unlikely g

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

模仿文本: First then, Italy Supreme Court has upheld a jail sentence against Silvio Berlusconi for tax fraud. After three days of deliberation, the five judges rejected the former prime minister's final appeal. But due to his age, he probably w

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀