Finding a House to Buy Im looking to buy a house and I want a single-family home. I have been living in a townhouse for two years and I am tired of having common walls and very small yards. My new house will have to have a lot more square footage, a

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之日常生活

三十一、票据(Instrument) 1.A bona fide holder for value takes free from any defect inthe title of his predecessors. 2. A check cannot be accepted. 3.An endorsement by the deawee is null and void. 4.An instrument is a document of title to mo

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语基础听说900句

The corporate regulator has ditched its appeal against two former OneTel directors. ASIC lost a civil case against Jodee Rich and Mark Silbermann in November last year. Now it says an appeal will cost too much time and money. ASIC alleged the pair ga

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2010年

必背句型: A:How does the appeal court dismiss the appeal? 上诉法院是怎么驳回上诉的? B:The appeal court dismissed the appeal by way of case stated. 上诉法院驳回了上诉的情况。 The appeal court rejected the appeal on a tec

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

必背句型: A:What happened to them? 他们发生了什么事? B:The appeal court quashed the verdict. 上诉法院撤销了裁决。 The appeal court overrode the decision of the lower court. 上诉法院撤销了下级法院的裁决。 The man

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

必背句型: A:Broadly speaking,remedy can solve the problem. 一般而言,救济可以解决这个问题。 B:Then they do not worry about it. 那么他们不用担心了。 Generally speaking,you can do it in this way. 一般而言,你可以用这

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

The marketing survey shows that the customers seem very interested in our new product. 有关市场调查表明,用户们似乎对我们的新产品很感兴趣。 The marketing survey shows that the customers seem very interested in our new produc

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 玩转商务英语900句

公司副总裁Lisa找到销售部经理Frank. Lisa: Frank, we just got our sales figures in and the numbers are very disappointing. What's going on here? Frank: I haven't actually seen the new figures. How far have we fallen? L: We were in sixth pla

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

在电影院门口,阿美和古奇看到了今晚回放《阿甘正传》的海报,这一次两个人找到了共同话题,并最终决定改看这部电影。 Listen Read Learn May: Look, Forest Gump is on at 6:30. Gucci: Really? It was on in 1994 for the first time. And it is really a classic. M

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

most highly regarded 最受尊敬 motion picture 运动画面 the ultimate guy movie 最终电影 cinematic favorite 电影最喜爱的 widespread appeal 广泛的吸引力 wonderfully realistic production quality 美妙真实的生产质量 three-fi

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 大忙人学社交口语

By Jim Malone Democratic presidential contender John Kerry has appealed for votes in a speech to a leading civil rights organization. President Bush declined a similar invitation to speak to the group

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--美国大选

In Bangladesh, the Supreme Court has upheld an order dismissing microcredit pioneer Mohammad Yunus from Grameen Bank, which he founded. Following international pressure, however, the government has been in talks with the Nobel laureate to reach a com

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

A: I keep hearing about curb appeal and want to know how to achieve it. B: The paint job on your home looks pretty good, but I would touch up the wooden trim a little where you have some peeling spots. A: I am not so sure that everyone will like the

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

Are there some special local products here? 这儿有什么本地特产吗? What kind of things do you want,something to eat,to play or to wear? 你想要什么样的东西,一些吃的,玩的还是穿的? Which is the most famous products he

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语就该这么说

The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is appealing for $100 million for Haiti. The appeal covers emergency relief and long-term recovery assistance for 300,000 people over the next three years. The International Red Cro

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

British programmer Joshua Browder is helping people save a lot of money on legal fees with his latest projectthe world's first robot lawyer. The 19-year-old developed a free service that allows users to ask any kind of legal question and receive rele

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The Brazilian Senate has voted in favor of an impeachment trial against President Dilma Rousseff. This means she will be suspended from office. Following a marathon session running into early Thursday morning local time, 55 senators voted in favour o

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

When did you last go outside for sports? Some students might need a while to recall. But for students in Yangzhou University it is easy to remember as they need to run in the morning at least 45 times every year at least three times a week during the

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

1、Anecdotal fallacy 又称为Misleading vividness。选取少数特殊个案,提供非常充分的细节,诱导听者相信其为一般性的现象。 例句: 吸烟与肺癌无关。我有个亲戚,每天5支烟,活到了90多岁;有个朋

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Transcript: Presenter: The internet is full of articles about what makes a good boy band. But many bands appear and disappear without a trace. Alana, it cant be as easy as following a formula, can it? Alana: No, I dont think so. The traditional formu

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat