Elementary - Canceling an Appointment (B0031) A: Hello, Samantha speaking. B: Hi Samantha. This is Angela calling. A: Oh, hi Angela, whats up? B: Im just calling about our meeting today. I wonder,is it possible to reschedule our appointment in the af

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语播客-EnglishPod

The Aldens puzzled and puzzled over the strange coded message. But the next afternoon, they were still stumped. None of them had seen a code like this before. Even Aunt Jane, who had been eager to see the latest fortune, couldnt come up with any answ

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 96 The Mystery in the Fortune

The following day, Grandfather drove the family station wagon up a long, winding gravel driveway. Ahead, the Aldens could see a very large brick house with white shutters. A maid met them at the door. She led them to a comfortable living room with a

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 40 The Canoe Trip Mystery

I hope we made the right decision to leave tomorrow instead of right away, Jessie said worriedly. The Aldens and Rob were seated around the fireplace in the bunkhouse, eating dinner. They planned to leave very early the next morning for White Pine. J

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 40 The Canoe Trip Mystery

Angela Merkel was born in Hamburg in 1954. She became Germanys first female Chancellor and the first from communist East Germany in 2005. Forbes magazine listed her as the most powerful woman in the world in 2006 and 2007. Western media often dub her

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 吉姆老爷.Lord.Jim

电影词典: soft light 柔光 美国俚语: 剧中:We want all of you to come with. come with: 一同去,一道去, to come along e.g. 1Were going to the movies, wanna come with? 我们要去看电影,一起来么? 2Im going shopping, w

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 听动感英语学口语

A: Woo hoo! This just might be the start of the rest of my life! B: What happened? A: Im in the market for a job! I went on a website with hundreds of job listings in the area and browsed through them until I got the names of a few employers I would

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Father Meeting Daughters Girl Friend 父亲初识女儿的同学 选自电影:American Beauty 《美国丽人》 ■ 莱斯特夫妇刚刚看完女儿的拉拉队表演,在场外等女儿出来。女儿和她的同学出来后,各自互相介绍认识。 单词通缉令 1.precise a.精确的 2.screw up搞糟 3.pizza n.

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 好莱坞电影口语模仿秀

图片1 Have you ever given someone a taste of their own medicine? Has anyone ever given you a taste of your own? Shawn gave Angela a taste of her own medicine. This means that Shawn treated Angela in the same bad way that she had been treating him.

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: Are you ready? It's almost Valentine's Day. Poet Kwame Alexander sure is. He wrote the young adult novel Solo, and Kwame is not waiting until Wednesday to celebrate. KWAME ALEXANDER: It's Valentine's Day week. MARTIN: It's Valent

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: German Chancellor Angela Merkel and her political allies have crafted a deal that could end a political crisis in her country. For more than three months, the economic and political giant has been without a new government. Merkel

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Elementary - Canceling an Appointment (B0031) A: Hello, Samantha speaking. B: Hi Samantha. This is Angela calling. A: Oh, hi Angela, whats up? B: Im just calling about our meeting today. I wonder,is it possible to reschedule our appointment in the af

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

By Kent Klein White House 03 November 2009 German Chancellor Angela Merkel is in Washington to mark the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall by addressing a joint meeting of the U.S. Congress. Ms. Merkel met earlier with U.S. President Ba

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十一月)

Germanys Merkel Bids for 3rd Term as Tough EU Decisions Loom 德国的默克尔竞选第三任期 LONDON Germany will hold parliamentary elections Sunday, with current Chancellor Angela Merkels party riding high in the polls. Optimism over the econom

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(九月)

今天我们要学的词是setback。 Setback, 是挫折,倒退的意思。在日本, Efforts to get the Fukushima nuclear plant under control suffered a setback as highly radioactive water was found inside the complex, 日本福岛核电站内发现

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Insurance Rules Can Hamper Recovery From Opioid Addiction STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: The roadblock to attacking the drug addiction crisis - it is hard for people to get medications that help them recover, hard even if they have insurance. Drugs like Suboxo

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Luc: Youll never guess who called and left a voicemail message today. Angela: Who? Luc: Barbara! Angela: Oh, really? What did she want? Luc: She said she was calling to RSVP for our party this Saturday. Angela: Did she? Luc: Stop playing innocent wit

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Angela: Hey, look at this. This restaurant is holding a contest . If you can guess the number of marbles in this bowl, youll get a free meal every day for one year! Dwight: Ill take a stab at it . Angela: So will I. Lets see, I think there must be cl

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

今天我们要学的词是 common ground. Common ground 共同点,一致之处。German Chancellor Angela Merkel said she would seek common ground with the new U.S. administration wherever possible. 德国总理默克尔说,她将在一切可能的

发表于:2019-03-07 / 阅读(186) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

It's a long long journey Till I know where I'm supposed to be It's a long long journey I don't know if I can believe When shadows fall and block my eyes I am lost and know that I must hide It's a long long journey Till I find my way home to youMany d

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(208) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲