纽约童话故事:Fairytale Of NewYork Artist:Bob Schneider Song:Fairytale Of NewYork It was christmas eve babe In the drunk tank An old man said to me: won't see another one And then they sang a song The rare old mountain dew I turned my face

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Gay marriage 同性恋婚姻 Cuomo's pride 科莫的骄傲 The Empire State lets them say: I do 纽约州让他们可以说:我愿意。 THE Stonewall Inn, in New Yorks West Village, is famous in gay history as the scene of riots against the police

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Oysters Return to New Yorks Great South Bay 牡蛎又回到纽约大南湾 The Blue Point oyster is returning to the Great South Bay of New York after almost disappearing from the world marketplace. Over-farming, pollution and Hurricane Sandy had sev

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

A travel ban was imposed on New York and its suburbs Saturday, with authorities effectively shutting down America's most populous city as a massive snowstorm pummeling the eastern United States gathered pace. New York state Governor Andrew Cuomo impo

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

That's the end of that. The next story is called In Praise of the Taxpayer. 这个故事讲完了。下一个故事叫作《纳税人的荣耀》。 That so many of the city's most venerable taxpayers have survived yet another commercial building boo

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

罗姆尼在2012纽约慈善晚宴上的讲话 Mitt Romney's Speech at the Al Smith Dinner New York City, New York October 18, 2012 罗姆尼在阿尔史密斯慈善晚宴的讲话 纽约市 纽约州 2012年10月18日 Thank you, thank you. Thank you

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

The owner of a Manhattan firm has offered his employees a 15-percent raise. All they have to do is tattoo themselves with the firm's logoDD. The name of the firm is Double Down. It makes pillows. The owner claims his pillows contain twice as much dow

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

On Alternate Earth, there are Stripers and Checkers. The Stripers have stripes. The Checkers have checks. Stripers and Checkers with only two colors are rich and powerful. Those with fifty colors are the middle class. Those with 100 colors are often

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

The speaker was addressing a roomful of teachers. He said, 'Thinking' and 'thinking critically' aren't the same. For example, if you're thinking about what day it is, that's not thinking critically. He instantly heard some murmuring. A teacher said,

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Warren was exiting the chilly subway station. A man in tattered clothes was sitting on the landing. His bare feet were black with dirt. As Warren approached, the man extended a dirty, raggedy NY Yankees cap. He said, Please, sir! Please, sir! His ton

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Cameron was standing in line at Walbrowns. Two cashiers were at the counter. A huge man was standing in front of Cameron. About eight people were standing behind him. One cashier said, Step down, please. The big man went to the counter. A minute late

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

In the year 2525, Emma told her mom, My teacher said there used to be fish in the oceans. Where did they all go? Her mom said, The fish went where everything else went. They went into people's stomachs. A long time ago, people thought that the supply

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

The silver Mercedes was weaving along the four-lane road. Two solid yellow stripes and embedded reflectors separated the lanes. The Mercedes driver was very well-dressed. He was also very drunk. He was driving with all the car windows open and the mu

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Becky's mom was worried. She took Becky to the doctor's office. She told the doctor, Becky used to eat three times a day. Now she's not eating a thing. She says she's not hungry anymore. Of course, I don't believe her. I never heard of such a thing.

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Her son was upset. He hadn't gotten a bicycle for his birthday. His mom said, We'll give you one next year, I promise. Next year you'll be bigger, stronger, and smarter. All of those things will help you be a better bike rider. And you'll be safer to

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

The red, metal box was half the size of a red brick. The box was attached to the wall near the principal's desk. A thin, glass rod was attached, horizontally, to the front of the box. Embossed red letters on the top of the box said, Fire Alarm. Embos

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

He said, Maybe someday we'll have a big house and a big yard. Then maybe we can have some pets, too. She said, I don't want any pets. He asked, Why not? She said, When I was four, I had a beautiful white kitten. It got into bed with me one night. I h

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

A man broke into Homer's house. Homer called the police. The police arrested the man. A year later, the man broke into Homer's house again. Homer called the police. The police arrested the man. A year later, the man broke into Homer's house again. Ho

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Lorna's sister wanted to move to America. She lived in China. Lorna had moved to America many years earlier. Lorna talked to May, an immigration lawyer in Manhattan. May said, The paperwork will cost $1,000. Lorna said, Can her husband move here with

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Chad was returning to his car. He was returning from a walk in the woods. He heard a lion roar. That's crazy, he thought. No lions live in these woods. He heard the lion roar again. He got scared. The roar was between him and his car. It was getting

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)