Broadcast: Jan 29, 2003 By Paul Thompson VOICE ONE: This is Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we tell about a space rock that

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-科技导航

Oh yeah, work that booty. Wanna give your workout a kick? Then check out some of the new fitness technology on display, at the International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Trade Show. This anti-gravity treadmill makes you feel like you are running in

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2009年

新GRE Arg题库如何准备? 每个题目都要看,把逻辑错误找出来,提取关键词或者信号词。比如调查类错误就是找survey,看到nationwide就想到fa,这要成为一种习惯,找的时间长了,自然形成一种感

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE作文

Lincoln Museum to Use Newest Technology to Bring 16th President to Life 林肯博物馆利用最新科技展现第16任总统生平 The lives of Abraham Lincoln – American’s sixteen’s president,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--文化教育动态

So it began to occur to me: during this long extension of the precommitment stage, 于是我突然想到:在这个长期婚前准备期, if you can get rid of bad relationships before you marry, maybe we're going to see more happy marriages. 如果

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

I was recently traveling in the Highlands of New Guinea, and I was talking with a man who had three wives. 最近,我正在新几内亚高地旅行,我访谈了一位有三个老婆的人。 I asked him, How many wives would you like to have? 我问

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

海地的大地震给全球带来了意想不到的的一课, 让人们意识到手机、通讯的力量可以让人们带来慰藉。 在这个演说中, 保罗.康奈利让我们看到了社会媒体以及科技的力量, 以及它们是如何成为救

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:群体的力量

Feifei: Hello and welcome to another episode of 6 Minute English with me Feifei. Neil: And me Neil. Feifei: How are you Neil and what have you been up to? Neil: Im annoyed - I was doing all this work on the script for this programme on my smartphone

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

In today's Tech Bytes, more than just the New York Times, other major US media companies such as the Wall Street Journal say they have been the victims of Chinese hackers. Just like the Times, it's believed the hackers had ties to the Chinese governm

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2013年

JEFFREY BROWN: Now, mining technology to solve the world's problems. NewsHour economics correspondent Paul Solman recently traveled to California and filed this report on someinnovative thinkers. It's part of his ongoing reporting Making Sense of fin

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈商业系列

JUDY WOODRUFF:On Capitol Hill today, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced a comprehensive immigration proposal will be debated in June. And House Republicans said they won't vote on the Senate version, but will pull together their own legislat

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

HONG KONG For teenagers who like to sing along with Ariana Grande and Flo Rida, Musical.ly is a must-have. The app that lets users lip-sync and dance in their own music videos boasts 100 million users and partners with pop stars like Ms. Grande and M

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Science and technology 科学技术 Scientific publishing 科技出版业 Brought to book 好书来了 Academic journals face a radical shake-up 学术期刊面临彻底改变 IF THERE is any endeavour whose fruits should be freely available, that en

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

Science and technology 科学技术 Crowdfunding science 集资科技 Many a mickle makes a muckle 积跬步致千里 These days, anyone can be a scientific philanthropist 眼下人人都是科技慈善家 NECESSITY, so the proverb has it, is the mot

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

适用于科技的万灵丹 熟悉吸血鬼的人都知道吸血鬼最害怕什么,阳光,银器,大蒜在现代的吸血鬼电影中,人们不断发明出对付吸血鬼的新型武器,其中一个就是银弹,也就是我们今天要提到

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Chinese tech giant Huawei on Wednesday said its global smartphone sales jumped by 39% in the first half of the year. 中国科技巨头华为周三称,其全球智能手机销售量今年上半年激增,增幅达39%。 It comes after the world's

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

科技翻译不仅仅是个语言问题(词汇、语法、修辞等),它还牵涉到许多非语言方面的因素,逻辑便是其中最活跃、最重要的因素。苏联语言学家巴尔胡达罗夫曾举过这样一个例子:John is in

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Science and technology 科学技术 The science of civil war 内战科技 What makes heroic strife 英勇斗争缘何而致 Computer models that can predict the outbreak and spread of civil conflict are being developed 可以预测内战的爆发和蔓

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

The tech-heavy Nasdaq index has closed at a record high, surpassing a level it last reached in 2000 at the height of the dot com bubble. 以科技股为主的纳斯达克指数再创历史新高,超过了其2000年互联网泡沫的高峰期的水平

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

If you were going to a restaurant and wanted a healthier option, 如果你去饭店,你想吃得健康一点, which would you choose, grilled or fried chicken? 你会选择哪种食品呢,烤鸡还是炸鸡? Now most people would answer grill

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇