Haiti topped the agenda at the World Economic Forum in Davos Switzerland Thursday, as former U.S. President Bill Clinton appealed to international donors to help the earthquake-ravaged nation. Former President Bill Clinton called for more aid to Hait

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年1月

[00:02.32]Unit 9 Wheels Literature Sport 3 [00:07.41]FRANKENSTEIN by Mary Shelly [00:10.26]Read and listen to the story. [00:12.83]Are the sentences in you book true (T) [00:16.17]or false (F)? [00:19.96]My name is Captain Walton. [00:23.64]My ship w

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 北师大版高中英语模块3

Movie Premiere of 'Married Men' Draws Haitian Stars in Miami Haitian-born film director Robenson Lauvince feels confident about his latest movie. He thinks it will help the Haitian film industry and the community as a whole. The Miami, Florida, premi

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(一)月

The United Nations reports significant progress has been made in providing assistance to hundreds of thousands of quake victims in Haiti. A senior U.N. official says the relief operation is being scaled up on all levels, with shelter topping the list

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年2月

Beckett和Castle被困在了冷库里面,Beckett经不住寒冷而失去了知觉,面对这一切,Castle却无能为力,两人都失去了知觉。幸亏Beckett的男友没有去海地,他们最后被发现得救。警队准备突击,找到

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 灵书妙探 第三季

海地的大地震给全球带来了意想不到的的一课, 让人们意识到手机、通讯的力量可以让人们带来慰藉。 在这个演说中, 保罗.康奈利让我们看到了社会媒体以及科技的力量, 以及它们是如何成为救

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:群体的力量

Hi!everybody, this is Tod Smith with Little Things Matter.The title of today's lesson is Giving Back 大家好。我是托德史密斯为您讲述小事也重要。今天的题目是回馈 I am writing this post on my final day here in Africa. It has

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语听力文章

Today we do not seek to impose our vision on others, but we are convinced that certain rights are universalnot American rights or European rights or rights for developed nations, but the birthrights of people everywhere, now enshrined in the United N

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

BBC news with Stewart Macintosh. Officials in Haiti say at least 800 people are now known to have been killed by hurricane Matthew which struck the country on Tuesday. The hurricane hit the country's southwestern peninsula, virtually destroying the m

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

BBC news with Debbie Ross. The US and Britain have called for unconditional ceasefire in Yemen to be implemented within days. The US secretary of state John Kerry and his British counterpart made the call after talks in London. Both nations has been

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

主餐一道:泛听练习 以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

今天我们要学的词是exile。 Exile, 流亡。 Former Haiti dictator Jean-Claude 'Baby Doc' Duvalier returned to Haiti after nearly 25 years of exile, 人称宝宝医生的海地前独裁者杜瓦利埃经过近25年的流亡生涯后,如今已

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

United Nations aid agencies report they are making progress in getting crucial relief to hundreds of thousands of survivors of Haiti's devastating earthquake. The agencies say they are increasing efforts to try to reach people in areas outside the ca

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年1月

SANTO DOMINGO, May 8 (Xinhua) -- Haiti's former president Jean Bertrand Aristide testified in court Wednesday in the capital Port- au-Prince in the April 2000 murder of a prominent journalist. The rarely-seen Aristide arrived at court at 8 am local t

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

新版世界杯主题曲Wavin' Flag:群星齐唱,祝福海地 Artist:Various Artists Song:Wavin' Flag For Haiti When I get older I will be stronger They'll call me freedom Just like a wavin flag (K'naan) Born from a throne Older than Rome But

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

The U.S. and Britain have called for an unconditional ceasefire in Yemen to be implemented within days. The U.S. Secretary of State, John Kerry, and his British counterpart, made the call after talks in London. Both nations have been providing suppor

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Paul Farmer the Duke graduate I admire most I think most of you know him保罗.法默是我最钦佩的一位杜克毕业生我想你们大多数人都听说过他He's a doctor and a global health innovator He spends his time between Boston, Haiti, R

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

今天我们要学的词是responsible。 Responsible, 有事发原因的意思。 Firefighters believe that vagrants were responsible for the downtown fire, 消防队员认为,市中心大火的肇事者是居无定所的游民。 最新研究发现

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

WILLIAM BRANGHAM, PBS NEWSHOUR WEEKEND ANCHOR: The most severe damage from Hurricane Matthew has occurred in the Caribbean, particularly on the island nation of Haiti, which is the poorest country in the western hemisphere. Authorities there say they

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

This is the Ministry of Justice. 这是司法部。 Behind that door is the National Judicial Archives. 那扇门后是国家司法档案馆。 The fellow in the door, Andre Filitrault -- 门旁站着的是安德烈菲利亚特罗, who's the direct

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇