School Shooting Leads Companies to Change Gun Positions The recent shooting attack at a Florida high school has renewed heated debate about gun control in the United States. America remains divided on the issue. Both sides have mainly held their posi

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Cooperative Learning May Change Your Mind About Group Work Two heads are better than one. Or so the expression goes. It means that two people working together have a better chance of solving a problem than one person alone. But not everyone likes wor

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Stewart Mac-I Love You there was once a broken man 曾经有个心碎的男人 who walked a lonely road 孤独得走在路上 and gave up all his dream放弃所有梦想 i was once this broken man我曾经就是这样一个心碎的男人 who staring

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 情人节英文歌曲

Man Wants to Legally Change His Age This is What's Trending Today. Are you unhappy with your age? Do you feel younger than your age? Well, perhaps you should consider legally changing your birth year. That is what a Dutch man is trying to do. Emile R

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

These days, a lot of people are thinking about how best to make a change in the world. Some might imagine that its best to try to rise above emotions like anger and fear and focus on taking action. But science suggests that embracing feelings of frus

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Are you waiting for your dreams to come true and change your life? I am sorry to tell you that dreams dont come true. Rather, it is your goals that can forever change your life. You need to set goals in order turn your dreams into reality. 你正在等

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

Stewart Mac: I Love You 这首歌是史蒂麦可翻唱了RB天王陶喆的《爱很简单》,选自他在2010年初通过金牌大风在大陆和港台发行的最新专辑《I Love You 我爱你》。专辑用这首歌做主打是希望能够通过此

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 情人节英文歌曲

Change in Work Schedule Could Cure 'Social Jet Lag' 改变工作日程可治疗社交时差 From VOA Learning English this is the Health Lifestyle report. Do you often start your day feeling tired? Do you ever fall asleep at work? Do you sometimes ju

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

I'm McKenna Pope. I'm 14 years old, 我叫麦肯娜波普,今年14岁 and when I was 13, I convinced 在我十三岁的时候,我成功地说服了 one of the largest toy companies, 世界上最大的 toymakers, in the world, Hasbro, 玩具公司之

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

There are some major benefits to having confidence, and there are proven methods to boost it. 自信会给你带来很多好处,经证明有些方法能提高你的自信心。 There's a saying that confidence breeds success. But does it? 俗话说:

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Today, you will do what you always do. The same activities. The same job. And at the same level of effort. OR you could push things. You could push yourself to do more. 今天你会做之前你一直在做的事情。同样的行为,同样的工作,

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

纽约客漫画家莉莎唐纳利Liza Donnelly展现了一组她有关现代生活的诙谐和搞笑漫画,她谈到幽默漫画是如何赋予女人力量来改变一些规则。

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集

Visit the factory 参观生产车间 Our factory locates at a village in the east of the city. The area of it is 3.600 square meters. 我们的工厂建在市东的一个村庄里。占地3600平米。 We'd like to visit the factory. Can you show us

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语话题王

Finally, in 1926, Heisenberg came up with a celebrated compromise, producing a new discipline that came to be known as quantum mechanics. At the heart of it was Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, which states that the electron is a particle but a pa

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Although Apple's current-gen versions of its signature iPhone line -- the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus -- continue to rack up sales to the tune of nearly 140 million units over the past two fiscal quarters, that doesn't mean that Apple's not working on

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

There are some major benefits to having confidence, and there are proven methods to boost it。 自信会给你带来很多好处,经证明有些方法能提高你的自信心。 Theres a saying that confidence breeds success。 But does it? 俗话

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

雅思听力冲刺阶段需注意的常见出题陷阱 在做雅思听力题的时候,假如我们能熟知其经典陷阱,经常能达到知己知彼,事半功倍的效果: (一)替换陷阱 雅思听力考试中,替换陷阱在每套题中都

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

重点词汇 go against: 逆; 违背,作对; 对不利; 触犯; take off: 起飞; 脱掉; (使) 离开; 突然成功; 有些人被历史改变,有些人,却改变着历史。亨利.福特就是这样一位改变历史的人。 福特T型车被

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Yeah, we're making porgress though. 是的 不过我们正在改善这种情况 In five years,we've seen a real shift in the way that we talk about... 在过去五年里 我们已经见证了改变 大家开始谈论 Our health and our movement...Par

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

Thinkabout thedifferencein thesestatements: Ihadtogoto ameeting. I got tomeetwith somegreat people. Ihavetointerviewsomecandidatesfor ajob. No big deal, right? Wrong. Weliketo bearound happy, enthusiastic,andmotivated people. Keepinmind choosingtheri

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(185) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力