艾伦脱口秀第141期:改变国家的文化
英语课
Yeah, we're making porgress though. 是的 不过我们正在改善这种情况
In five years,we've seen a real shift in the way that we talk about... 在过去五年里 我们已经见证了改变 大家开始谈论
Our health and our movement...Particularly when it comes to kids. 自己的健康状况和这项运动...特别有关孩子的话题
We've seen now 30 million kids who were beneifting from improved lunch standards. 现在已经有三千万儿童 因为提高午餐标准而受益
We are seeing food companies making healthier products... 现在很多食品公司生产的食品也更健康...
And employers rewarding their workers for working out. 而且企业老板也开始激烈下属们锻炼身体
They are just a new norm 1 and I think... 这些都只是一种新常态 我认为这主要是
A lot of that is because we are really changing the culture. 因为我们正在改变我们国家的文化
And we are starting to see some progresses. 而我们正在见证这一进步
Childhood obesity 2 rates have finally stopped rising,for the first time in decades. 儿童肥胖率终于不再上升了 这可是几十年来第一次
And among our youngest children,the rates have actually started to decline 3. 而且在那些比较年幼的孩子们中间 肥胖率实际上已经开始下降了
So we are really proud of the work that we've been doing. 所以对一直从事的这项工作 我们倍感骄傲
That's good.So there's a challenge,You are doing something new at the White House, 那就好 听说有一个挑战活动 今年白宫举行的复活节滚彩蛋活动
for the Easter egg roll, right?Yeah, well, in honor of the fifth anniversary, 你又有新招了 是吗 是的 为了纪念五周年
I've issued this challenge.We're calling it "Gimme Five". 我发起了这项挑战活动 我们叫这个活动"击掌"
And we're using the hashtag "Gimme Five" on social media. 社交媒体上可以查看#击掌#话题
We're asking folks all across the country to give me five ways... 我们向全国民众征求
They're leading a healthy life.We've got a lot of celebrities 4 involved. 五条他们自己锻炼身体的方法 我们得到了很多明星的支持
Beyonce "Gamme five".And Ryan Seacrest.And Nick Jonas. 比如碧昂丝 还有瑞安·西克莱斯特 尼克·乔纳斯
Even the astronauts on the space shuttle. 甚至是航天飞船上的宇航员也加入了这项活动
The international space shuttle got involved. 国际航天飞船上的宇航员也参加了
And...we're gonna take over the Easter egg roll this year...With a "Gimme Five" Dance. 今年的复活节滚彩蛋活动开场还会有 "击掌"舞蹈
n.标准,规范,平均数
- Of his age,the child is above the norm in arithmetic.在他那个年龄,这个孩子的算术能力是超过标准的。
- These events were aberrations from the norm.这些事件不合常规。
n.肥胖,肥大
- One effect of overeating may be obesity.吃得过多能导致肥胖。
- Sugar and fat can more easily lead to obesity than some other foods.糖和脂肪比其他食物更容易导致肥胖。
n.衰微,跌落,下降;vt.使降低,婉谢;vi.下降,衰落,偏斜
- I must decline to show favour to any of the candidates.我必须拒绝偏袒任何一位候选人。
- The birthrate is on the decline.出生率在下降。
n.(尤指娱乐界的)名人( celebrity的名词复数 );名流;名声;名誉
- He only invited A-list celebrities to his parties. 他只邀请头等名流参加他的聚会。
- a TV chat show full of B-list celebrities 由众多二流人物参加的电视访谈节目
标签:
脱口秀