Mom walks into the kitchen Mom: Steve, thanks for looking after Johnny. Steve:It was a pleasure, Mrs. Robinson. Mom: And this kitchen is so clean. Did you help Johnny with that? Steve:I helped break...I mean WASH...all the dishes! Mom: That's great.

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

unit06_newwords_a ||1elegant |a.|beautiful, attractive, or graceful |优雅的;文雅的 ||||elegant manners |文雅的举止 ||||an elegant person |举止优雅的人 ||2application |n.|1. [C, U] a formal request for sth. or for permission to do s

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程词汇 第一册

The arrival of oil-tainted waste to federally approved landfills across the Gulf coast is raising concerns are raised about the potential impact on the environment and public health. An estimated 700 million liters of oil have spilled into the Gulf o

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年8月

Anything and everything is being recycled at the Canberra Environment Center, and in the war on waste,these soldiers are on the front lines, repairing anything from clothing to bikes to doorbells. 堪培拉环境中心正在回收废品,在这场废品

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(十一月)

That makes this year game Super Bowl 52, or LII in Roman numerals. Its set for Sunday at 6:30 p.m. Eastern. Its a rematch for the New England Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles who met 13 years ago in Super Bowl 39. New England won that game 24-21,

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年6月

英语场景口语:看谁的话准 我并不是特别喜欢电视节目,尤其是弟弟在电视台做的节目。 【口语要素1】I dont care for his programs. 因为那都是些肥皂剧,纯搞笑,没有一点意义!可是弟弟却很喜欢

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英语场景口语

A: Hi, Tom. This is Hannah from apartment 4C. B: Oh, hi, Hannah. A: There is something wrong with my garbage disposal. B: Exactly what's going on? A: When I turn on the disposal switch, all I get is silence. B: When did this happen? A: Well, about a

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 租住公寓-Renting an Apartment

摘要:生活垃圾处理专指垃圾中由居民丢弃的各种废弃物(不包括市政设施与修建垃圾)的处理,包括为了运输、回收利用所进行的加工过程。处理的目的是使垃圾的形态和组成更适于归类处

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

In New York or Boston, some of the cities on the eastern coast of the United States, 在纽约或波斯顿等这样的美国东海岸城市, people talk about sitting on the stoop, that mean you're sitting on your stairs. 人们说到坐在门廊上时

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 ESL杰夫的一天

Listen Read Learn Gucci: Have we sold out all the newspapers for today? May: Yes. What a good job we have done! Gucci: Why are so many extra gifts left here? May: Many customers didn't want them. Gucci: How about giving them to that old man? May: Goo

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

Do you throw rubbish on the floor? 你把垃圾扔地上了吗? No, I don't! 不,我没有! I put my rubbish in the bin. 我把垃圾扔进了垃圾箱。 Can we keep our city clean? 我们能保持城市的整洁吗? Yes, we can! 是的,我们

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 江苏译林版牛津小学英语(3起)六年级上册

Latvia Garbage Dump Helps Grow a Tomato Farm 拉脱维亚垃圾场为番茄农场供能 Latvia is not among countries whose latitude makes it suitable for growing moderate-climate vegetables, such as tomatoes. But, through clever use of a garbage dum

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(七月)

Which of these island nations would you find off the west coast of western Africa? 以下哪个岛国位于非洲西部西海岸? Cape Verde, Seychelles, Malta or Mauritius? 佛得角、塞舌尔、马耳他还是毛里求斯? Only one of these natio

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年6月

This is scientific American 60 seconds science.I'm - .Got a minute. When it comes to the percentage bachelors degrees earned by women,physics ,trails, biology, chemistry, earth sciences and math and women made up just 40 percent of physics college fa

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年Scientific American(二)月

Idiom: One man's trash is another man's treasure 对一个人来说可能是垃圾的东西对另一个人说可能是件宝贝 Hit the book: Stand by Hoax Hazard Frying pan Vintage Pump Aerial False alarm

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Jennifer pulled the trash can out to the street. She pulled the trash can out to the street on Monday morning. Monday was trash day. The trash truck came to her house. The truck had a metal arm. The metal arm picked up the trash can. It raised the tr

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

介绍: Garbage man 垃圾清洁工 【例句】 A person whose job is to empty people's dustbins and take the garbage away. 指的是一个人,工作是清空他人的垃圾桶,帮他们带走垃圾。 Garbage 垃圾(人或者事物) 【例句

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

Still hanging on to his skates, Stuart tried to make his way up to the surface of the garbage, but the footing was bad. 身上带着冰鞋的斯图亚特,想爬到垃圾的顶上去,可是脚却不好使了。 He climbed a pile of coffee grounds,

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 精灵鼠小弟

The flood of e-mail spam, or junk e-mails, that bombards Internet users daily has become a nagging problem, according to a survey released by the Taiwan Internet Association. The survey found that Internet users receive an average of 29 junk e-mails

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Used detergent labels and toothpaste tubes from Indonesia are going from landfills to fashion frills on bags and wallets sold in Singapore, Australia and the United States. The fad known as trashion has gained mainstream acceptance with chic, urban d

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16