英语听书《海底两万里》第141期 第10章 水中人(12)
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
But you don't know everything because you haven't seen everything. Let me tell you, professor, you won't regret the time you spend aboard my vessel 1.
但您还不是什么都懂,还不是什么都看见过。教授,让我跟您说,您决不至懊悔您在我船上度过的时光。
You're going to voyage through a land of wonders. Stunned 2 amazement 3 will probably be your habitual 4 state of mind.
您以后将到神奇的世界中游历。震惊、奇怪,将是您心情中惯有的状态。
It will be a long while before you tire of the sights constantly before your eyes.
那不断呈现在您眼前的奇异景象会使您百看不厌。
I'm going to make another underwater tour of the world-perhaps my last, who knows?
我在下一次周游海底世界的时候,也许这是最后一次,谁知道?
And I'll review everything I've studied in the depths of these seas that I've crossed so often, and you can be my fellow student.
又要在我跑过许多次的海底下看见我曾经研究过的一切事物,那时您将变为我这一次科学研究的同伴。
Starting this very day, you'll enter a new element, you'll see what no human being has ever seen before-since my men and I no longer count-and thanks to me,
从这一天起,您将进入一个新元素的世界,您将看见世界上除了我和我的同伴之外任何人都没有看到过的东西,由于我,
you're going to learn the ultimate secrets of our planet.
我们的星球将把它最后的秘密玄给您。
I can't deny it; the commander's words had a tremendous effect on me. He had caught me on my weak side,
我不能否认船长的这些话对我发生了很大的影响,正好说中了我的心事;
and I momentarily forgot that not even this sublime 5 experience was worth the loss of my freedom.
我暂时忘记了观看这些伟大的东西并不能抵偿我们失去了的自由!
Besides, I counted on the future to resolve this important question. So I was content to reply:
我甚至于想搁下自由的问题,留待以后再作打算。所以我只是这样回答他:
n.船舶;容器,器皿;管,导管,血管
- The vessel is fully loaded with cargo for Shanghai.这艘船满载货物驶往上海。
- You should put the water into a vessel.你应该把水装入容器中。
n.惊奇,惊讶
- All those around him looked at him with amazement.周围的人都对他投射出惊异的眼光。
- He looked at me in blank amazement.他带着迷茫惊诧的神情望着我。
adj.习惯性的;通常的,惯常的
- He is a habitual criminal.他是一个惯犯。
- They are habitual visitors to our house.他们是我家的常客。