英语听书《海底两万里》第145期 第10章 水中人(16)
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
So, I said, all these foods are products of the sea?
那么,我说,所有的食品都是海产吗?
Yes, professor, the sea supplies all my needs. Sometimes I cast my nets in our wake, and I pull them up ready to burst.
是的,教授,大海供应我一切必需品。有时我抛下拖网,等网满得都要断了就把它拉上来。
Sometimes I go hunting right in the midst of this element that has long seemed so far out of man's reach, and I corner the game that dwells in my underwater forests.
有时我到那看来人没法去的大海中间打猎,我追逐那些居住在我的海底森林中的野味。
Like the flocks of old Proteus, King Neptune's shepherd, my herds 1 graze without fear on the ocean's immense prairies.
我的牛羊家畜,像尼普顿的老牧人的一样,无忧无虑地在那广阔的海底牧场上吃草。
There I own vast properties that I harvest myself, and which are forever sown by the hand of the Creator of All Things.
我在海底有一笔巨大的产业,这产业是由造物主亲手播种的。
I stared at Captain Nemo in definite astonishment 2, and I answered him:
我有点惊异,看着尼摩船长,我这样回答他:
Sir, I understand perfectly 3 how your nets can furnish excellent fish for your table;
先生,我完全相信您的鱼网能供应这桌上的许多鱼类,
I understand less how you can chase aquatic 4 game in your underwater forests;
我也了解您如何在您的海底森林中打猎,
but how a piece of red meat, no matter how small, can figure in your menu, that I don't understand at all.
但是我一点不明白在您的菜单上,如何能有肉类—尽管很少?
兽群( herd的名词复数 ); 牧群; 人群; 群众
- Regularly at daybreak they drive their herds to the pasture. 每天天一亮他们就把牲畜赶到草场上去。
- There we saw herds of cows grazing on the pasture. 我们在那里看到一群群的牛在草地上吃草。
n.惊奇,惊异
- They heard him give a loud shout of astonishment.他们听见他惊奇地大叫一声。
- I was filled with astonishment at her strange action.我对她的奇怪举动不胜惊异。
adv.完美地,无可非议地,彻底地
- The witnesses were each perfectly certain of what they said.证人们个个对自己所说的话十分肯定。
- Everything that we're doing is all perfectly above board.我们做的每件事情都是光明正大的。