I must say that before I went to the U.S., I didn't consciously identify as African. 我不得不强调,在我前往美国之前,我从来没有有意识地把自己当作个非洲人。 But in the U.S., whenever Africa came up, people turned to

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

David Livingstone was a doctor and explorer from Scotland. He is famous for traveling 29,000 miles in Africa during the 19th century. He discovered many rivers, lakes and mountains, including the Vict

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(304) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄初级美国英语

It's a hot frontier for global investment. And both China and the US want a stake. So far this year, President Obama has visited Ghana(n. 迦纳) and Egypt. Secretary of State Clinton wrapped a seven-nation African tour. President Hu stopped in Mali

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Christopher Columbus 克里斯托弗 哥伦布 evaluate 评价 估计 various 各种各样的 不同种类的 in the name of 以....的名义 代表 key 极重要的 origin 起源 起点 出身 equip 装备 endeavour 努力 尽力 puzzle 难题 谜 使困惑 使糊涂 Marco polo 马克 波罗 wealthy 富有

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(152) / 评论(0) 分类 高三单词

Mobile App Seeks to Preserve African Folktales 手机应用程序传承非洲的民间故事 For hundreds of years, Africans have preserved their history through storytelling. But, some Africans worry that oral traditions will be lost to Internet con

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Todd: OK, Leath, you're from Zimbabwe. Could you talk about that? 好的,利思,你来自津巴布韦。你能和我们讲两句吗? Leath: Yeah, OK. Well, I'm from Harare, which is the capital of Zim. And I was born there. My folks are British

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

5 How long does the man spend travelling to work? [A] 15 minutes [B] 30 minutes [C] 45 minutes

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 听听测测

Science and Technolgy. 科技。 The Square Kilometre Array. SKA项目。 Divide and rule. 分工合作。 The world's biggest astronomy project is split between Africa and Australasia. That gives South Africa, in particular, a chance to show its sci

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

The United Nations Childrens Fund says about 1.4 million children face death from starvation in Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen. UNICEF issued the warning with an appeal to the world for help to feed these children. Anthony Lake is UNICEFs ex

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Transparency International: Corruption Still a Problem in Africa African nations appear at the bottom of Transparency Internationals latest Corruption Perceptions Index. Transparency gave the East African nation of Somalia its lowest rating on the li

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Drought-related water and food shortages are posing a risk to many in Namibia, and the U.S. government is providing help. 旱灾引发的水资源紧缺和粮食紧缺正威胁着纳米比亚的很多人,不过美国正在提供援助。 Through th

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(三月)

农业报道 - 使用手机视频在非洲传播农业知识 This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语农业报道。 Mobile phones are an important business tool for farmers in rural areas. But they also p

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(六)月

AS IT IS 2015-07-24 Obamas Visit Brings Attention to Investment in Africa 奥巴马的访问给非洲带来投资 President Barack Obama plans to call for increased American investment in Africa during his visit to Kenya this week. Investment is impo

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

AS IT IS 2015-11-23 Pope Francis Makes First Africa Visit 教皇弗朗西斯首次非洲访问 Pope Francis will make his first trip to Africa on November 25 to 30, visiting Kenya, Uganda and the Central African Republic. The Vatican said the pope ha

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Now, where do we go from there? 现在,我们该走向何方? I believe that the way forward is to learn to manage success. 我相信前进的道路就是学会管理成功。 Very often, when people succeed or countries succeed, they forget what

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

As China Molybdenum announced it was buying one of Africas largest copper mines earlier this month one thing was soon clear: the acquisition was about far more than the red metal. 随着洛阳钼业(China Molybdenum)本月早些时候宣布正在收购

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Africa's first Huawei Innovation And Experience Center is launched last Tuesday in Sandton, Johannesburg. 5 million USD has been invested by Huawei into the Innovation Center, which is equipped with cutting-edge technologies like 5G/4.5G wireless com

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Middle East and Africa 中东与欧洲 African Rubbish: Plastic bantastic 非洲垃圾:禁塑令 Banning the bag is a small step. 禁止塑料袋只是一小步。 Littering in graveyards is generally frowned upon. 在墓地乱扔垃圾通常会引起

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Chinese Premier Li Keqiang will be on a four nation tour of Africa beginning next week. This is the first that Li will be visiting Africa since he assumed office in 2013. The upcoming visit is expected to cement comprehensive cooperation partnership

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年05月

JUDY WOODRUFF:Joining me now to discuss the visit and President Obama's record on Africa is career diplomat and former Assistant Secretary of State for the Bureau of African Affairs under President Obama Johnnie Carson. He's now a senior adviser at t

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列