星级典句: 第一句:What's the time difference between Beijing and Vancouver? 北京和温哥华的时差是多少? A: What's the time difference between Beijing and Vancouver? 北京和温哥华的时差是多少? B: 16 hours. Vancouver

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语情景对话

第五期:主餐一道:泛听练习 以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写.空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

The waiter at IchiUmi asked if they wanted anything to drink. His wife and her friend wanted tea. His wife asked, Do you want tea, too? He said, No. Water's fine. After the waiter left, they all rose. They grabbed clean plates and visited the buffet

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

He was making the bed. He shook out the quilt. He laid it flat on the mattress. He noticed a brown speck on the quilt. The speck was moving! He took a closer look. It was a bedbug. So that explained the two red marks on his forearm. He flushed the be

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Lester was walking along East 65th Street. A store window's fancy lettering caught his eye. It said, Smallbone of Devizes. Underneath that, it said, Hand-made English Cabinetry. He understood cabinetry. But Smallbone of Devizes? What in the world was

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Lisa entered a Blarks shoe store in midtown Manhattan. Blarks were her favorite shoes. She wanted a lightweight pair of shoes for work. She found a pair for $100. She bought them. Then she went to Macy's to see if Macy's had the same style in other c

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Ernie took the Q train to Brooklyn. He wanted to see what Barclays Center, the new arena, looked like up close. He walked up the stairs from the station. He looked at the building. It didn't look new; it looked old. It looked like it was covered with

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Two retirees were talking about the nearly completed Freedom Tower. Bud said, Well, it's taken 12 years, but we're finally going to have a skyscraper in downtown Manhattan again. At 1776 feet, it'll be a tall reminder of our country's roots. Mo said,

As a youth, Cal was a bully and a thief. One time, he stole a man's wallet. The man grabbed him. Cal punched the man hard. Cal ran, but the police caught him. A judge sentenced Cal to two years in jail. He was released after only six weeks. Ten years

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

They were in Little Italy, near Chinatown. I'm starving, Meg said. She wanted to try an Italian dish. Aaron said, You might not like it. She said, That's okay. If I don't, you can eat it. They stopped at a busy corner restaurant. This one must be goo

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

The lottery jackpot was over $400 million. Mary and 14 coworkers at a McDonald's pooled their money. Mary bought 61 tickets with the money. She made copies of the tickets. She gave a copy to each coworker. The lottery numbers were drawn. One of their

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Tim, 11, could read the minds of the family's two cats. I know when they're happy, he told his sister Ellen. I know when they're sad. I know when they're hungry. I know when they're thirsty. Ellen, 9, said, First of all, cats aren't happy or sad. The

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Your last colonoscopy was 10 years ago, Dr. Carter said. It's time for another one. Bruce made an appointment for another one. He received prescriptions for a laxative and a plastic gallon jug. The jug contained electrolytes. The day before the colon

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Can you work next weekend? Harry asked. I don't know, said Marty. I'll have to check with my wife first. Harry smirked. You're kidding, he said. You have to ask your wife's permission? What kind of man are you? Marty said, I'm a married man. That mea

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Amy had heard really bad news. They're kicking us out of our apartment, she said. They're renovating the entire A Wing. Everyone in A Wing has to move out by September 1. Sam said, You're kidding! Who told you this? How can they do this? This is unbe

Ben was in bed. He could hear his uncle in the kitchen. He was arguing with Ben's father. Do I look like a bank? You're always asking me for money, Bens uncle said. And it always takes you years to pay me back. Ben's father said, I ask you because yo

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

She was sitting near the living room window. Look at this, she said. He asked, Look at what? She said, Look at all the dust on this blind. This dust can make me ill. When are you going to clean the blinds? How many times do I have to ask you? He said

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Let's join the Halloween parade on Sixth Avenue, she said. It'll be fun! Anyone who wears a costume can be in the parade. The parade starts at 7 o'clock. Let's go buy costumes now. I don't want to be late. He said, No problem. The parade lasts three

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

It was a large, white envelope. It arrived in New York from California. It was from Tony Robbins. He is a very famous speaker. He is a very famous life coach. He is a very rich man. Three shiny, white pages were inside the envelope. They invited Rach

Laura was in third grade. Her teacher asked the class, What do you want to be when you grow up? Johnny raised his hand. He said, I want to be a doctor. I want to cut people open and see what's inside. Billy raised his hand. He said, I want to be a po

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)