发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 中式口语纠错

Once there was a young man who came to ask Socrates how to learn philosophy①. Socrates said nothing but took him along to a river. He suddenly pushed him into the river forcibly②. At first the young man thought Socrates was kidding so he didnt ta

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(365) / 评论(0) 分类 傲慢与偏见.Pride.and.Prejudice

Wk 10 (10 March 1876) Bell Invents The TelephoneThis Week in HistoryAlexander Graham Bell claims to have invented the telephone, but did he? In 1876, Alexander Graham Bell made the first call on an electromagnetic telephone he had built, and went on

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻与报道—News and Reports

图片1 severs adj. 严厉的,严格的,剧烈的,严重的,严峻的 例句:Before my graduation from Columbia, the family met with severe financial reverses. 不等我从哥伦比亚大学毕业,家庭经济就严重恶化。 fierce adj.

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

We brainstormed and designed a host of programs to unclog the plumbing of the financial system and to keep credit flowing 我们通过头脑风暴 想出了一系列应对措施来疏通整个金融系统 让信贷保持流动 Not everything worked b

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

I'm gonna move on to the new Barbie doll, we first told you about last week. Her pink hair, leopard skin leggings, and those tattoos you see even on her back. Parents up in arms. And Andrew Kantin is here with more on the controversy. Thank you, all

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2011年

雅虎启用新Logo 传递改革决心 ErinBurnett, Out Front. Weeknights 7, only at CNN. Apparently, this logo, which was launched in 2009, is a little stale. So they have launched this logo to replace it. It doesn't seem all that different, still.

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

AS IT IS 2015-07-06 Uber Making a Big Push to Win Over Chinese Consumers Uber 下大决心赢得中国消费者 The car-sharing service Uber reported in June it is receiving one million requests for rides every day in China. The American-based compan

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

From the moment Spaniards -- or was it Vikings? -- first dropped anchor and encountered the natives whom the Spanish called Indians (because they thought they had landed in India), the land now known as America has been a multicultural place. And of

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握大意。 2、继续听,特

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

bent,n (for)特长,爱好=predilection;adj 弯曲的;同性恋的 【例】I have a natural bent for football 我有足球天赋。 【记】读:奔腾。奔腾的特长就是永远有一颗奔腾的芯。 【反】ineptitude(n 愚笨;

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 不择手段背单词

今天我们要学的词是minor。 Minor, 有未成年人的意思。 He was charged with supplying alcohol to a minor, 他被指控向未成年人提供酒精饮料。美国小儿科医生联合会警告说,日光美黑沙龙对未成年人健康有

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是 little-known。Little-known 很少有人知道的。Federal investigators in Northern California routinely used a little-known surveillance tool to get data on and track criminal suspects. 北加州联邦调查人员常常使

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

The major U.S. presidential candidates highlighted their positions on the Iraq war in high-profile Senate hearings that featured testimony from the top U.S. military commander in Iraq, General David Petraeus. Republican Senator John McCain and Democr

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年4月

consider v.①认为,把……看作②考虑,细想③体谅,照顾 considerable a.①相当大(或多)的②值得考虑的 considerate a.体谅人的,考虑周到的 consideration n.[U]①

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

Imagine having a tattoo that vibrates every time you receive an SMS or another mobile phone alert. It might sound like something out of a sci-fi film, but Nokia think the idea has a nice ring to it. The Finnish company has filed a patent for the idea

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Subject:I can hook you up. 迷你对话 A: I lost my job. I have been seeking for another one for a long time. 我失业了。我找工作找了很长一段时间。 B: Our company is looking for people. I can hook you up. 我们公司正在招人,

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

地点:莫妮卡和瑞秋公寓 人物:罗斯,菲比,钱德勒,莫妮卡 事件:新年到来,大家许下了各自的新年愿望。 Ross: Everyday I am gonna do one thing that I have never done before. That, my friends, is my New Year'

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Wendi: OK, so I want to talk a little bit about how you decided where to put your tattoos. Rina: You know, that is kind of spur of the moment. I will admit that. I'll just be thinking one day and I just want one there and that's where I plan my next

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

You're really cute I must admit 你真的很可爱我必须承认 But I need something deeper than this 但我需要比这更加深刻的感觉 I wanna know when I'm looking at you 我想知道当我看着你的时候 That you don't only see the thin

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语