10. That sounds Top 1: That sounds great. Top 2: That sounds like a good idea. Top 3: That sounds like a lot of fun. I was thinking of taking you somewhere special for dinner tonight. Oh, that sounds nice! ____________________________________________

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(259) / 评论(0) 分类 李阳疯狂英语口语突破MP3

The Barbie doll is one of the most successful toys in history. It was launched in 1959 by the U.S. toy manufacturer Mattel. It has since become a cultural icon. American businesswoman Ruth Handler came up with the idea of an adult doll for small girl

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

This is an assortment of candies from the 1950s to some not yet on the market. The products range from chocolate-covered gummy bears to a jellybean flavor called Rotten Eggs. He's one of several Chicago kids who make up the Candy Council. But as any

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2008

Tattoo Removal Gains Popularity Tattoos have become popular in the United States among younger age groups, and having one on your body no longer marks you as a rebel. In fact, so many people have been getting tattoos in the U.S. that a reverse trend

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

听力文本: 小高:好吧,咱们继续周一没说完的话题,我们今天要聊聊人体穿孔的艺术,对吧? 京晶:是的,穿孔的历史同样来自许多不同的文化和历史背景。先说说鼻环吧,它最先是在四千

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

图片1 severs adj. 严厉的,严格的,剧烈的,严重的,严峻的 例句:Before my graduation from Columbia, the family met with severe financial reverses. 不等我从哥伦比亚大学毕业,家庭经济就严重恶化。 fierce adj.

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

I'm gonna move on to the new Barbie doll, we first told you about last week. Her pink hair, leopard skin leggings, and those tattoos you see even on her back. Parents up in arms. And Andrew Kantin is here with more on the controversy. Thank you, all

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2011年

Chinese Symbols Prove Popular in US 汉字在美国大受欢迎 From the moment Spaniards - or Vikings, some would say - first dropped anchor and encountered the natives whom the Spanish called Indians because they thought they had arrived in India -

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

From the moment Spaniards -- or was it Vikings? -- first dropped anchor and encountered the natives whom the Spanish called Indians (because they thought they had landed in India), the land now known as America has been a multicultural place. And of

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

Summer in Edinburgh, Scotlands capital city, is the time for festivals. In August and September there are several different festivals which take place there. The original Edinburgh International Festival started in 1947, and offers visitors a rich pr

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

今天我们要学的词是minor。 Minor, 有未成年人的意思。 He was charged with supplying alcohol to a minor, 他被指控向未成年人提供酒精饮料。美国小儿科医生联合会警告说,日光美黑沙龙对未成年人健康有

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是 little-known。Little-known 很少有人知道的。Federal investigators in Northern California routinely used a little-known surveillance tool to get data on and track criminal suspects. 北加州联邦调查人员常常使

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

介绍: Trendy 时髦的 You look very trendy today in the new sneakers. Where did you get them? 你今天穿的这双运动鞋很潮啊,在哪买的? Fashionable 时尚的 I prefer to wear clothes that are practical rather than fashionable. 我更

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

Imagine having a tattoo that vibrates every time you receive an SMS or another mobile phone alert. It might sound like something out of a sci-fi film, but Nokia think the idea has a nice ring to it. The Finnish company has filed a patent for the idea

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Topic1 Tooth paste brand sued for false advertisingConsumer goods giant Procter Gamble has been fined close to 6.03 million Yuan ($1m) in China for what Shanghai regulators said was false advertising of its Crest toothpaste brand. They said PG overst

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Wendi: OK, Rina, I'd like you to tell me about getting your first tattoo. Rina: When I got my first tattoo I was 22 years old and it was supposed to be a very small, maybe one or two hour piece and it's true what they say. They're very addictive beca

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Wendi: OK, so I want to talk a little bit about how you decided where to put your tattoos. Rina: You know, that is kind of spur of the moment. I will admit that. I'll just be thinking one day and I just want one there and that's where I plan my next

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂