Nancy wants to live a long time. She wants to live for one hundred years. She is five years old now. She wants to live 95 more years. Then she will be 100. Her father is 30 years old. He wants to live a long time, too. He wants to live for one hundre

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

Hong Ying, who comes from Guangdong, is known as the oldest person in China. She is 122 years old. Although she can hardly hear, her voice is loud and clear. In fact, she is still full of life. What's

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(287) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄初级美国英语

1. longevity,长寿,长命。 eg:The longevity of the first order root tended to vary independently among tree species. 种间细根寿命的变异具有一定的独立性。 2. equally,相同地;同样地。 eg:They can both run equally fast. 他俩

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠教你听英语广播

Dont Worry About What You Cant Control 不用担心你所控制不了的 This is lesson No.48 from my book Little Things Matter, 100 Ways to Improve Your Life Today. 这是来自我的书《小事情重要》的48课,今天100种方法改善你的生活

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语听力文章

1. I guess our conversation naturally comes to an end. 我觉得我们该结束对话了吧。 2. I'll call you later if there is an interview for you. See you. 有面试机会的话我会打电话给你,再见。 3. Yes, that's the end of the stor

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 面试口语脱口而出

Conversation 1 A: What can I do for you? A:能为您效劳吗? B: May I have a look at these wooden products? B:我可以看看那些木制品吗? A: Certainly. Here you are. A:可以,看吧。 B: How beautiful they are! Look, these birds

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 最In导购口语

01. She was born under Gemini. 她是双子座的。 02. People believe that one's destiny has something to do with one's time of birth. 人们相信一个人的命运和他出生的时刻有关。 03. His birthday is the 19th of October, so he's Lib

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语最炫潮流

(LONDON, Reuters)The taller you are, the longer you are likely to live. (路透社伦敦电)长得越高,可能就越长寿。 Taller people nowadays tend to have a greater life expectancy than their shorter counterparts. 现今个头较高的人

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄英语新闻听力通

九地篇 NO.3: 凡为客之道,深入则专。 主人不克,掠于饶野,三军足食;谨养而勿劳,并气积力;运兵计谋,为不可测。 投之无所往,死且不北。死焉不得,士人尽力。兵士甚陷则不惧,无所往

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 孙子兵法

Queen Elizabeth II April the 21st marks the 80th birthday of Queen Elizabeth II. She is one of the most famous women in the world but how much do you know about the British monarch ? Did you know, for example, that the Queen is the 15th richest woma

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

Do Bats Hold the Secret to Long Life? Bats are the only mammals that can fly a great distance, but they have another ability. Many bats live a very long time for an animal their size. European researchers are studying bats to understand why they live

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Inviting Grandma over for dinner may actually extend her life - and increase its quality - a new study shows. 一项新研究表明,邀请奶奶过来吃晚饭可能会延长她的寿命,并提高她的生活质量。 Researchers at the Universit

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

咖啡可能有利于长寿 From VOA Learning English, this is the Health amp; Lifestyle report. 这里是美国之音健康与生活方式报道。 Today we have more good news for all our coffee drinkers around the world. Another new study finds th

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Firstly, and most importantly, don't put your chopsticks upright in the rice bowl. Instead, lay them on your dish. The reason for this is that when people die, family members give them a bowl of rice with a pair of chopsticks sticking out. So if you

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

According to the Daily Telegraph of November 4, people in the US are twice as likely to contract diabetes and a third more likely to develop cancer than those among similar aged people in England。 But despite this, Americans, aged 65, can expect to

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Staying single may shorten life span Staying single all your life may not be good for your health. That's the conclusion of new research that shows that people who never marry face an even greater chance of dying early than people who have been divor

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Staying single all your life may not be good for your health. 一辈子单身对于健康可能没什么好处。 That's the conclusion of new research that shows that people who never marry face an even greater chance of dying early than people who

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Hold your dominant hand out flat, palm up. Take a peek at your wrist, at exactly the point where your hand meets your arm. You may see some faint horizontal wrinkles. 摊开你的惯用手,掌心朝上。看一眼手腕,看看手掌和手臂相交之

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Thinking of You When will the moon be clear and bright? With a cup of wine in my hand, I ask the blue sky. I don't know what season it would be in the heavens on this night. I'd like to ride the wind to fly home. Yet I fear the crystal and jade mansi

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

What's a celebration without food? 没有食物的庆典算什么? Food brings people together and forges our cultural identities. 食物让人们聚在一起,并建立我们的文化认同。 Chinese New Year marks the beginning of the lunar yea

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(162) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美人文风情