世界市场动荡的一周结束 Despite better-than-expected U.S. growth in the second quarter, Wall Street finished a tumultuous week with key indexes mostly unchanged. Meanwhile, Asian markets closed in positive territory for a second day as Beij

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十二月)

US-Russian Nuclear Conversion Program Ends 美俄结束核转换项目 WASHINGTON Uranium converted from Russian nuclear warheads has provided an estimated 10 percent of U.S. electric power in recent years. The 20-year Megatons to Megawatts program h

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十二月)

As TPS Prepares to End, NY Haitians Plan Next Steps Nearly eight years after Haitis devastating earthquake killed more than 200,000 people on the island, the Trump administration has decided to end its designated security program known as TPS, or Tem

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(11月)

This is AP News Minute. Cabinet members and Vice President Mike Pence are among those who denied witting a New York Time's op-ed. The essay said White House officials are actively thwarting President Trump's most dangerous impulses. Supreme Court nom

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2018(九)月

CAR Food Security Hard Hit 中非食品安全遭受重创 Violence in Central African Republic has taken a heavy toll on food security. A new U.N. assessment says crops, livestock and fishing have all been affected. Nearly one million people have bee

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十月)

调整温度 可以把空调开小一点吗? A:What can I do for you? 请问有什么可以帮忙? B:My wife is freezing. Could you turn down the air-conditioning? 我太太感到很冷,可以把空调开小一点吗? 同类问句: I'm

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 酒店英语口语就该这么说

And if I was wrong, I know I don't deserve this 如果我做错了,我知道我不值得这样 Don't stay too long 不要在这里太久地驻足 I need to hear those words you used to tell me 我想听你很早以前曾经对我说过的那些话

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 甜蜜英文歌曲

Arab leaders tried to patch over their differences as a two-day summit in Kuwait drew to a close, but the Gaza conflict appears to have exacerbated the tensions. 阿拉伯领导人在科威特举行的为期两天的首脑会谈结束,各国领导试

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年1月

The War of 1812 Ends - The Making of a Nation #39 建国史话: 1812年战争结束 From VOA Learning English, welcome to The Making of a Nation, our weekly program of American history for people learning English. Im Steve Ember. We have been talking

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(八)月

This week marked an historic moment in the life of our country and our military. For nearly nine years, our nation has been at war in Iraq. More than 1.5 million Americans have served there with honor, skill, and bravery. Tens of thousands have been

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

This week marked the fifth anniversary of the speech President Bush gave on a U.S. aircraft carrier, in which he declared the end of major combat in Iraq. The anniversary came at the end of a difficult month for U.S. forces in Iraq, and caused some r

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年5月

Democrats in the United States cast their final ballots this week in primary elections for the party's presidential nomination. Senator Hillary Clinton has won a commanding victory in the Democratic presidential primary election held in the U.S. terr

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年6月

Leaders of the world's advanced economies have drawn their three-day summit to a close by meeting with counterparts from major emerging economies to propose what they call a vision on climate change. 世界上最发达国家的领导人结束了三天的

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年7月

Nepalis Vote to End Political Stalemate 尼泊尔人投票结束政治僵局 KATHMANDU, NEPAL Voters in the Himalayan nation of Nepal cast ballots Tuesday for a new Constituent Assembly in hope of ending years of political gridlock following the abol

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十一月)

Signs Indicate Europe Economic Crisis May Be Ending 欧洲经济危机可能结束 Industrial production in Europe is starting to come back. That means more jobs and more money that workers and their families can spend. Over time, that means more eco

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(八月)

U.S. President George W. Bush and Russian President Vladimir Putin have ended their farewell summit without agreement on missile defense, but with a blueprint for their successors. They conferred at Mr. Putin's presidential retreat in the Black Sea r

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年4月

The world's major economies have spent trillions of dollars in government money to ease a severe global slump. That spending has led to huge budget deficits in some countries, including the United States, but it also is credited with recent signs of

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年9月

I've got to go. Come on, just stay for another hour. I'd love to, but I'll have many visitors in an hour. It's nice chatting with you for such a long time. I had such a wonderful afternoon. Me too. So, bye-bye! Do you need me to drive you home? No, t

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

A silent vigil held at a Senate building across from the Capitol is one of many demonstrations organized by government employee unions across the country to pressure lawmakers to end the shutdown or face retribution in the 2020 election. Voting reall

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2019年(一月)

Local authorities say the underwater search has been completed at the site where the Eastern Star came to a rest in the Yangtze River, but none of the bodies of the eight people who remain missing have been found. Divers entered the water after the c

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(206) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台