AMERICAN MOSAIC - Americas Oldest Planetarium Honors Russian Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin DOUG JOHNSON: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) Im Doug Johnson. Today we hear new music from Coldplay. And we answer a question about Hallow

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十)月

By Laura Ellsworth Washington, DC 31 October 2006 watch Halloween in the US Every year, on the last day of October, children in the U.S. dress up in their most creative costumes to celebrate Halloween. VOA's Laura Ellsworth reports on how this big e

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

We can't stay here, he said. What? she said. We can't go home now. ThePilgrims need us to help them.9But we don't know how to do anything! Jack said. And Squanto is going to figure out he doesn't reallyknow us. And--Don't worry so much, said Annie. W

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Not everything about Halloween has to be dark and scary, it can also be green as in eco-friendly. Here with some great ideas is Danny Seo, living-green contributor for Better Homes and Gardens. Hello! Happy Halloween to you! Same to you,Danny. Let's

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2008

Shouguang in Shandong Province is known as a township of vegetables. In recent years Shouguang has sped up its transformation toward modern agriculture, with local farmers have been learning new techniques to grow better quality products. At the annu

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

A: So what are you doing for Thanksgiving? 你们感恩节都做些什么? B: Not much really. It's more of an American tradition, so back home we don't really celebrate it. In fact, I am not even sure of what exactly is being celebrated! 没有很多

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Unit 40 Customs of Halloween Halloween is an annual celebration. How did this peculiar custom originate? The word Halloween comes from All Hallows Eve. November 1, All Hallows Day (or All Saints Day), is a Catholic day of observance in honor of saint

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语流行话题阅读:语境识词4500

What Is Whipped Cream? It adorns ice cream sundaes, pumpkin pie, gingerbread, and hot chocolate. Its sweet creaminess tantalizes taste buds and sends dieters running from the scale. Did you ever wonder why heavy cream whips into soft, light peaks? Yo

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Beginners. Pumpkins, pumpkins, big, fat, and round. Children love them, and adults too. They grow all Summer; turn color from green to orange. Some stay small, but others get bigger and bigger. I have some in my garden. One, two, three, four. One for

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Halloween has become a bigger and more celebrated holiday over the past few years. I suspected that it would. There is something innately fun about being scared, and telling scary stories. Parties and dressing up appeal to the child in all of us, of

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

On Maryland Family Farm, Seeking the Perfect Pumpkin for Halloween The Huffer Family Farm is a busy place each October, as families wander through the 6-hectare Jumbos Pumpkin Patch, searching for the perfect pumpkin. Sarah Cosgrove has been coming t

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending Sept. 27 Were celebrating the five most popular songs in the Billboard Hot 100 pop singles chart, for the week ending September 27, 2014. The Top Five takes a deep breath this week, with a couple of songs changing position

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(九月)

Kindergarten is proving to be quite a fun place for my daughter. They went on their first field trip the other day; it was a 'tree walk'. They have been studying trees: how they grow, and how they change with the seasons, so a tree walk was the perfe

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

MELISSA BLOCK, HOST: It's that time of year - time for ghosts and goblins and other creatures that go bump in the night. And if those sorts of things give you the heebie-jeebies, maybe you'll take comfort in knowing that 4 percent of Americans say th

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Moose mainly browse on trees and shrubs, but they will also sample something new. They have a soft spot for pumpkins left out after Halloween. As many as 1,000 moose may enter Anchorage in winter, snowfall here is lower than its surrounding hills and

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2013年

Goodbye Spooks. Beginners. Halloween was 31st of October. It is a huge holiday here in the States. It is celebrated in many other countries, and sometimes has a different name. It has become more popular through the years. Shops sell lots of Hallowee

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Beginners. Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday. It is a tradition that is very important for most Americans. It is a yearly celebration that reflects on history. Americans celebrate this special day in remembrance of the first settlers from Europe, t

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

One thing that I do in the morning, is to drive my children to school. It doesn't take very long, perhaps five minutes. Parents can pull up into a parking area that is near the school playing field to drop their kids off. Something caught my eye, the

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

As I drive around town, I find myself saying the occasional oooo!, ahhh!, or oh?! Do you know why? There are Halloween decorations all over the place, and they make a real impression. There seem to be two approaches to decorating for Halloween: frien

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

This year, our family decided that the more the merrier and invited Adriano and his family to have Christmas dinner with us. We were thrilled when they accepted our invitation. Lucy: Im so glad you guys could all make it. Adriano: We wouldnt have mis

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客