Buying Food at the Concession Stand Jim: We only have three minutes before the movie starts. You grab two seats and Ill hit the concession stand. ... Suki: Can I help you? Jim: Yes, Id like a large popcorn and a hot dog with the works. Suki: Anything

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之餐饮娱乐

A drunk driver speeding along in his SUV on the 60 freeway last night killed three of four people in a sedan. The sedan had slowed to a crawl because of construction work on the 60. Four lanes were merged into two. The Department of Transportation cr

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文小故事

UNIT 1 Food and More Numbers 食物和数字 Lesson 7 What's for Lunch?中午吃什么? 1.Lunch-time!午餐时间! Sandwich 三明治 milk 牛奶 juice 果汁 2.What's for dessert?吃什么甜点? cookies 饼干 ice cream 冰淇淋 cake 蛋糕 3.Let'

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 冀教版小学英语(三起)--第二册

Ice Cream Sweetens Visits to Maryland Farms 冰淇淋使游客们的马里兰农场之旅变得甜蜜 Americans love to eat ice cream, a milk and sugar based treat. People Maryland can visit dairy farms across the state to get fresh ice cream and enj

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Gene Therapy Halts Vision Loss in Dogs Researchers have stopped vision decline in dogs with an inherited disease that causes blindness. The gene therapy technique they used may someday stop vision loss in humans. Retinitis pigmentosa (RP) is an eye d

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

Victims of Oklahoma Tornado Get Help From Near and Far The devastation of her home brought a bitter twist of irony to Linda Berna. She helped with search and rescue efforts here after the May 1999 tornado. We kicked down doors to see if there were an

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

1.World Healing 篇一 疗愈自己,拯救世界 Ever wanted to heal the world? Then try this... 你是否曾经有过拯救世界的想法?如果有,试试下面的方法...... One lazy Sunday afternoon a businessman was hard at work entertain

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

AZUZ: If you like chocolate, coffee and waffle cones, this sounds like a good idea. But if you try to make this to yourself, chances are one of three things happen. One, the coffee pours the waffle cone and spills. Two, the coffee dissolves the waffl

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年7月

英语场景口语:开怀痛吃吧 女孩子们减肥方法有很多,这里的Lanlan选择了每天慢跑。 【口语要素1】I hope jogging can keep my weight down. 但是注意不要牺牲早饭,那样身体会生病的。 口语要素2】Ski

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语场景口语

美国人是出了名的爱甜食,那今天潘吉和Jenny就要和大家聊聊甜点。你知道怎么用英语说这些甜点的名字吗?你最爱的甜点是什么呢?都赶紧留言告诉我们吧! 听力提示: 1. dessert 甜品 2. Pie

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

The Ozark city zoos tiger exhibit featured Winnie, a female Siberian tiger. She was five years old, weighed 300 pounds, and stood three feet tall at her shoulders. Siberian tigers are endangered; only about 500 exist in the wild, and about 200 exist

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Part 1 The Evolution of Ice Cream 冰淇淋进化史 Ice cream's origins are known to reach back as far as the second century B.C., although no specific date of origin nor inventor has been indisputably credited with its discovery. We know that Alexander

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 CRI实用英语课堂

影片对白 Tristan: Hey, Stab! There's a friend of yours. Samuel: I've got a dollar that says he brings her back. Tristan: Ka! Ka! Whoa honey! Colonel: No! Tristan: Whoa! Whoa! Easy, easy, honey. Alfred: Nice work! Tristan: You guys look like a bunch

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

Yogurt tastes sweet. Ice-cream is also sweet. She likes to eat yogurt. Her friend likes to eat ice-cream. Her friend is a guy. His favorite flavor of ice-cream is chocolate. He does not like yogurt. Her favorite flavor of yogurt was strawberry. She d

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第3级听力-English Level 3

This is scientific American ,60 second science. Im Chris D..ta. Got a minute? In less you have a pair of noise-cancel headphones. Flying can be annoying to the ears. A lot of low-pitch rumbling makes it into the cabin. The problem is ,the wings ,floo

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年Scientific American(五)月

But as many are preparing to get out, some have no choice but to stay. In the remote northeast of the Yellowstone wilderness, are the Beartooth Mountains. Here, surviving about 8,000 feet, a tree now welcomes the change of / season, the white-bark pi

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

But this is not much good for the tree. Its seeds have gone nowhere. A grizzly bear mother and cubs. It's unusual for a grizzly to have so many cubs. This mother has found two orphans, and adopted them. But now she has four cubs to fatten up before t

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

Recently, a small litter of panda cubs were born in the city of Chengdu, capital of southwest China's Sichuan Province. 今日,一窝熊猫幼崽在中国四川省会成都出生。 During this hot summer, a few specially-made ice cones with fresh

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年08月

In this Moment of Science Don gives Ya?l a neat trick to play on her brain. You might want to try it, too. D: Here's a simple demonstration you can do with cool implications. Find a large object that is brightly colored--let's make it a green door. S

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Stocking up for Winter. The bell rang today while I was tidying up after dinner. I wondered who it could be at eight o'clock at night. As I approached the door, the bell started ringing very fast, which made me guess that it was one of my children. W

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English