American, French, Canadian Scientists Win Nobel Physics Prize Two men and a woman have won the 2018 Nobel Prize in Physics for their inventions in the field of laser physics. 两位男士和一位女士因为他们在激光物理领域的发明获得了

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

莫斯利割草时手受伤过敏,克劳利太太误诊其得了丹毒,这遭到了格兰瑟姆老夫人的嘲笑。安娜生病卧床,贝茨送上饭菜表示关心。格兰瑟姆老夫人希望马修能帮忙解除限定继承法,但努力过

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园 第一季

我们认为疼痛是一种症状,但经神经系统的反射,疼痛本身已经成为一种疾病。我们就从一个女孩手腕扭伤后演变成噩梦的故事说起。艾略特克兰讲述了关于慢性疼痛的繁复奥秘,探索慢性疼

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:美妙的神经系统

Damaged Robots Learn to Make Changes to Keep Working 能够自我修复的机器人 When a dog loses a leg, the animal eventually figures out the best way to get around on three legs. In a short time, the dog learns deal with its physical disability.

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(六)月

People also had to put up with Jobs's occasional irrational or incorrect assertions. 人们还要忍受乔布斯偶尔提出的无理要求或错误主张。 To both family and colleagues, 无论是对家人还是同事, he was apt to declare, with

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Disney raised its bid for the bulk of 21st Century Foxs assets to $71bn, almost half of which is in cash and the rest in shares. 迪士尼将21世纪福克斯(21st Century Fox)大部分资产的出价提高至710亿美元,其中约一半是现金,其

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人要闻

The rise of solo living 独居时代的崛起 A room of one's own 属于一个人的房间 Going Solo: The Extraordinary Rise and Surprising Appeal of Living Alone. By Eric Klinenberg. 《走向单身:独身主义的崛起与诱惑》;艾瑞克克兰

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

Enough moping. 闷闷不乐也该够了 You quit. It's done. 你辞职了,事情结束了 My advice would be to move on. 我建议你往前看 Well, if it were only that easy. 要是有那么简单就好了 Except it is. 就是这么简单 Personal

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

Don't move! 别动 I'm not gonna hurt you. 我不会伤害你 Stay back. My father's a cop. 离我远点,我父亲是警察 You are making a huge mistake. 你犯了个大错 I'm not the person you think I am, 我并非你想的那样 and I need you

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

They say Peter Declan murdered his wife in cold blood. 人们说彼得德克兰冷血地残杀了妻子 He had no alibi, 他没有不在场证明 and all the evidence pointed toward him. 而且所有证据都指向凶手是他 He was tried, convicted

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

Couldn't sleep, either? 你也睡不着吗 No. What are you watching? 是啊,你在看什么 Peter Declan. 彼得德克兰 A guy who killed his wife. 他杀了自己的妻子 Despite the growing list of evidence... 抛开越来越多的证据不谈

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

2届格莱美奖最佳流行女歌手得主Sarah Mclachlan (莎拉-克劳克兰),以她独濯于一般泛泛流行乐的歌声以及创作,跳脱出流行商业机制的摆弄,仿佛从一处超越俗尘外的境地,将她对音乐与自我的执着,汇成一道清流注入歌坛。这首《Fallen》就在缥缈的背景上渲晕出深邃的美

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Here's to the Crazy Ones 致疯狂的人 Lee Clow, the creative director at Chiat/Day who had done the great 1984 ad for the launch of the Macintosh, 李克劳是Chiat/Day广告公司的创意总监,正是他为麦金塔电脑的上市打造了震撼

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Jobs and Clow agreed that Apple was one of the great brands of the world, 乔布斯和克劳一致认为苹果是世界上最伟大的品牌之一, probably in the top five based on emotional appeal, but they needed to remind folks what was distinc

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Jobs was as demanding as ever. When Clow's team flew up with a version of the text, he exploded at the young copywriter. 乔布斯一如既往地要求严格。当克劳的团队飞过去给他看一个版本的广告词时,乔布斯冲着年轻的广

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Starting with the Think Different campaign, and continuing through the rest of his years at Apple, 从非同凡想宣传活动开始,并且在乔布斯在苹果公司的岁月里一直延续了下去的一个惯例, Jobs held a freewheeling three

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Most were Jobs's personal heroes. 这些人大多是乔布斯心目中的偶像。 They tended to be creative people who had taken risks, defied failure, and bet their career on doing things in a different way. 他们都富有创造性,敢于冒险,

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Lee Clow was preparing a series of colorful magazine ads, 李克旁正在准备一系列彩色的杂志广告, and when he sent Jobs the page proofs he got an outraged phone call in response. 他给乔布斯发了一些排版后的打样,很快便接

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

贾斯汀是斯莫维尔高中的学生,和克洛伊同为一家报纸服务,负责为报纸画漫画,他的艺术才华为人公认。然而,一场车祸后,贾斯汀再也不能像从前那样随心所欲地使用双手画画,然而他却获得了遥控物体的能力。他向克洛伊告白,说自己一直暗恋着她。克洛伊这时正因为克拉克

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 超人前传

Lebron James was born and raised in Akron, a hard luck city 勒布朗詹姆斯在阿克兰出生并长大,一座不景气的城市 But till this day, he has never abandoned his hometown 但直至今日,他从未抛弃他的家乡 One thing I alwa

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂