Offscreen Voice: 5,000 years ago a fierce warrior known as the 1)Scorpion King led a great army on a campaign to conquer the known world. After a vicious campaign which lasted seven long years, the Sc

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2001年

12Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, I find no pleasure in them- 2before the sun and the light and the moon and the stars grow dark, and the clouds return after

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 传道书

DOUG JOHNSON: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) Im Doug Johnson. This week on our program, we have music from the new album by Sade. And we read some of your comments. But first, we have a report on the business of entreprene

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(157) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Lesson 3 Happy 1.Happy birthday to you. 2.Many happy returns of the day. 3.Happy holiday,April Fool. 4.What a happy girl! 5.Look!How happy she is! 6.Happy Valentine's Day! 7.Happy events make one's spirit rise. 8.I'm so happy to see you.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语提高版

Hey! Many happy returns on your birthday Little Bear. 嘿!小熊,祝你生日快乐,寿比南山。 Hmm, honey. Thank you Hen! 嗯,亲爱的。谢谢你,母鸡! You're very welcome. 你太客气了。 Are we having that wonderful cake aga

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 天才宝贝熊

So while the thought of paying taxes can make some of us groan, it's unavoidable, and an integral part of being an American. This is part of being a member of this society. You have an obligation -- it's a price you're paying for living in this socie

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

Boko Haram kidnappers have returned almost all the 110 girls they seized from a Nigerian school a month ago. The Islamist militants also gave the town of Dapchi a warning before leaving, witnesses said Wednesday. The extremists said, We did it out of

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Many happy returns of the day! 祝你生日快乐! May I wish you many happy returns of the day. 谨祝您生日快乐! Here is a present for you. 这是给您的礼物。 I'd like to present this book to you. 我想把这本书送给你。 I bought

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Pyramid vs. Ponzi Scheme. Which One Is Worse? And now for the VOA Learning English program, Words and Their Stories. When you work hard for your money, you do not want to lose it. And if you invest your hard-earned money, you want to see great return

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Finance and economics 财经商业 High-yield bonds 高利债券 An appetite for junk 来点垃圾 Companies have taken advantage of investors'growing willingness to buy speculative bonds 公司很好的利用了投资者日益高涨的购买投机性债

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

EASTBOURNE, England, June 13 (Xinhua) -- Venus Williams ended her five-month break with a three-set victory over Andrea Petkovic 7-5, 5-7, 6-3 at the Eastbourne WTA grass court on Monday. It felt fitting, I guess, Williams, 30, said of playing Petkov

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

SHANGHAI, April 8 (Xinhua) -- China's icebreaker Xuelong, or Snow Dragon, returned to its Shanghai base on Sunday after completing the country's 28th Antarctic expedition. The vessel received a brief welcoming ceremony at the base dock, organized by

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, April 19 (Xinhuanet) -- The fourth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean film franchise will hit Chinese theaters on May 20, as part of a coordinated global premiere of the latest installment of the hugely popular Walt Disney series. P

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

DUBAI, Dec. 22 (Xinhua) -- The Abu Dhabi-based International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) said Saturday the six GCC countries' returns through renewable energy integration could hit 200 billion U.S. dollars by 2030. IRENA said in an e-mailed repor

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The presumptive U.S. Republican presidential candidate says he has not paid less than 13 percent of his income in federal taxes during the past 10 years. Speaking to reporters in South Carolina, Mitt Romney said he had examined his tax returns for th

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Can you hold for a moment? 您先稍等一下好吗? hold(打电话时)等待;不挂断 The extension is busy right now, can you hold? 分机现在占线,你能稍等一下吗? can you hold for a moment A: Hello, thank you for calling Bra

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

【生词预览】 foyer门厅、休息室,step on踩到 【笑话原文】 To be on the Safe Side In a cinema, during a performance, one of the audiences gets up, making his way along the row of seats and going out into the foyer. A few minutes la

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

Markets favour clarity and while clarity seems easy with hindsight, its rarely as stress-free when looking ahead. 市场喜欢清晰;虽然事后来看有些事情显而易见,但在展望未来时却很少会那么毫无压力地看得清楚。

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

South Sudan continues to move on after its successful independence referendum, announcing that its universities will reopen in mid-May this year. The souths universities need a lot of work before opening. Like most things in southern Sudan, its unive

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

unit 383 举行生日派对 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Oh, Mary, come in, please. I'm so happy to see you. A:哦,玛丽,请进。很高兴见到你。 B:Happy birthday, George. Many happy returns of the day. Here's a present for you. B:生日快

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话