时间:2019-02-13 作者:英语课 分类:跟艾米莉一起学口语


英语课

 Can you hold for a moment?

您先稍等一下好吗?



hold(打电话时)等待;不挂断



The extension 1 is busy right now, can you hold?

分机现在占线,你能稍等一下吗?



can you hold for a moment



A: Hello, thank you for calling Bradford and Sons. This is Tracy speaking, how may I help you?

您好,感谢您致电布拉德福家庭公司,我是特雷西,有什么需要我帮忙的吗?

B: Hello, I would like to speak to your director of human resources, Ms. Jenkins, please.

你好,我想找你们的人力资源部主任詹金思小姐通话。

A: Just a moment, I'll check to see if she is at her desk. May I tell her who is calling?

稍等,我去看看她是否在办公室,请问您是哪位?

B: This is Bill Burton from Milford Insurance. I'm calling in regards to our meeting next Tuesday.

我是米尔福德保险公司的比尔.伯顿。我想问一下,关于下周二我们见面的事情。

A: Thank you, Mr. Burton. Can you please hold for a moment? I'll check to see if she is available.

谢谢你, 伯顿先生,请您先等一会儿好吗,我去看看她是否在办公室。

B: No problem.

没问题。

A: I'm sorry, Ms. Jenkins is away from her desk. She has already left for lunch. Would you like to leave a message for her?

非常抱歉,詹金思小姐现在不在办公室,她去吃午饭了,您愿意给他留个口信吗?

B: Yes, please have her return my call when she returns to the office. It's best if she can get in touch with me before 3 PM today. She can reach me at my office number, 635-8799.

好的,请她回办公室后给我打电话,如果今天下午三点以前能与我联系的话就再好不过了,打办公室电话635—8799可以找到我。

A: I'm sorry I didn't quite catch that. Could you please repeat the number?

对不起,我没跟上,您能再重复一下电话号码吗?

B: No problem. My office number is 635-8799. Tell her to ask for extension 31.

没问题,我办公室的电话是635—8799后再接31分机。

A: I'm sorry, Mr Burton. Just to confirm, Your name is spelled B-U-R-T-O-N. Is that correct?

伯顿先生,不好意思。我想确认一下您的名字是B-U-R-T-O-N,对吗?

B: Yes, and I represent Milford Insurance.

是的,我是米尔福德保险公司的。

A: I will make sure Ms. Jenkins receives your message and returns your call before 3 PM this afternoon.

我会把您的口信告诉詹金思小姐,让她在今天下午三点以前给您回电话。

B: Thank you very much.

非常感谢。



n.伸长,扩大,伸展;延长,延期;延长部分,扩大部分;电话分机
  • The pupils disliked the extension of the term.小学生们不愿延长学期。
  • Our extension is nearly finished.我们的扩建部分已接近完工。
标签: 口语