IN THE NEWS - A Tragedy in Norway Raises Questions for Europe This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Conservative extremists in Europe are facing new attention after the attacks last week that killed almost eighty people in Norway. On Friday the

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(七)月

You're always in my heart From early in the morning till it's dark! I gotta see your sweet, sweet smile everyday When I wake up in the morning And I see you there I always whisper a little prayer I gotta see your sweet, sweet smile everyday I gotta

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. A.D.H.D. is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Government estimates say three to seven percent of school-age children in the United States have it. Adults can also have it. People with A.D.H.D. ha

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Special English - How to Win a Debate, Presidential or Otherwise President Obama and former governor Mitt Romney have teams of advisors and aides to help them prepare for their three debates. But what about the rest of us who would like some help win

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十)月

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Youngest Type 1a Supernova Ever Observed SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. Im Shirley Griffith. STEVE EMBER: And Im Steve Ember. Today, we tell about the discovery of what astronomers are cal

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(一)月

By Brian Wagner Miami 19 July 2007 Brazilian prosecutors are seeking to suspend flights at the country's busiest airport while investigators study a plane crash that killed at least 189 people. In Miami, VOA's Brian Wagner reports aviation officials

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

Automatic US Spending Cuts Loom Under current U.S. law, automatic cuts to domestic programs and national defense will begin in 2013, because a congressional committee failed to agree on trimming Americas federal deficit. Already, many lawmakers say t

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Rich Kleinfeldt with the Special English program, People in America. Today, we tell the story of Jessica Tandy who died in nineteen ninety-four. She won many awards for her acting during the almost

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

New Orleans, Havre de Grace: American Places That Hold Special Memories Welcome to EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Im Mario Ritter. Some places can create strong memories. We often clearly remember important events in our lives and link them wit

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Economics Report - E. Coli Outbreak A Top Economic Worry For Europe This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. European agriculture ministers met in Luxembourg this week to discuss the spread of E. coli bacteria. E. coli infections have killed

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(六)月

By Heda Bayron Hong Kong 24 September 2007 Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has apologized to the Japanese public for his abrupt resignation earlier this month. As VOA's Heda Bayron reports from our Asia News Center in Hong Kong, the Liberal Democrat

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

Mideast Protests Spark Debate Over Free Speech, Religion The attacks on U.S. missions in Libya, Egypt and Yemen highlight how easily passions against the nominal ally of those countries can be ignited. An obscure, crudely-made American video mocking

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(九月)

Palestinian leaders are searching for alternative ways forward in their bid to establish a Palestinian state, following the collapse of the latest round of peace talks, this year. One way they are trying to gain statehood is by seeking international

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

AhmadinejadSpeechTriggersWesternWalkout Diplomats from the United States and Europe walked out of the U.N. General Assembly Thursday amid a strident address by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The Iranian leader blamed Western powers for world

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

US Stocks Recover After Plunging on Bernanke Speech 美国股市开始恢复平稳 Despite very high expectations, the head of the U.S. central bank on Friday did not announce any major steps to bolster the U.S. economy. Speculation had been running

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

Obama Hopes Charm Offensive Will Lead to Grand Bargain If you've come to Washington for a tour of the White House, you're out of luck. Because President Obama and Republicans in Congress could not agree on legislation to prevent automatic government

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

Drug-Resistant TB Threatens Europe The Olallo Project in Central London was set up to help homeless people from Central and Eastern Europe get back on their feet by helping them find a place to live and get a job. The charity has evolved, though, to

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

I decided to switch banks recently, and after looking at my options, I went for Mar Vista National Bank. I drove over to the bank, parked next to the drive-through teller lanes, and walked inside. I made my way to the new accounts desk, and was greet

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

EDUCATION REPORT - IPod Experiment at Duke University Plays Out With Mixed Results By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Thursday, July 14, 2005 I'm Bob Doughty with the VOA Special English Education Report.

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

By Derek Kilner Nairobi 26 February 2008 Negotiations between Kenya's government and the opposition have been suspended. As Derek Kilner reports from Nairobi, the two sides have been unable to agree on the terms of a power-sharing arrangement to brea

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)