This is the VOA Special English Development Report. A nonprofit group in San Francisco, California, is trying to take bicycle-powered computers to rural villages around the world. The computer was developed with villagers in Laos. The group is the J

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

The World Community Grid is joining together individual personal computers to create massive processing power. The technology is helping reduce research time from years to months. Transcript of radio broadcast: 29 June 2008 This is the VOA Special E

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(六)月

Disabled N. Korean Defector Finds Hope in Seoul Every week, Ji Seong-ho holds a silent demonstration against North Korea. He is one of the 23,000 defectors in South Korea who have fled the repressive Pyongyang government. Ji's journey south was more

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

Displaced Kenyan Voters Hope for Reconciliation Ethnic Kikuyu residents at the Naka displaced peoples camp in the Rift Valley were driven from their homes by Kalenjin mobs following the last presidential election in Kenya. Years later, they are still

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(二月)

Specific times Question When do you . . . (present tense) I usually/always . . . in the evening at 9:00 on Mondays before dinner after I eat lunch when I get home When did you... (past tense) I (past tense) last night before class while I was eating

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语词组对话

Sorry,thereisnottexttemporarily,Pleasehelptingroomtolookforit! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thankyou! 新概念英语动画(合集) 哈哈美语

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 粉红猪小妹第四季

I wonder what that lady has against the ice cream parlor? Jessie asked thoughtfully when the Aldens were further down the street. Maybe shes just mad the Shoppe is taking customers away from her business, Henry suggested. She had lots of customers, B

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 46 The Chocolate Sundae Myster

10 December 2009 U.S. President Barack Obama delivers a speech after receiving the Nobel Peace Prize during a ceremony at the Oslo City Hall in Oslo, 10 Dec 2009 Your Majesties, Your Royal Highnesses, Distinguished Members of the Norwegian Nobel Comm

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Jul 22 (Reuters) - Internet giant Yahoo Inc is looking to sell HotJobs and Yahoo Small Business as part of its drive to shed its non-core assets, peHUB, owned by ThomsonReuters, said, citing sources familiar to the matter. They have been approached b

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The Perfect Fan (Brian Littrell/Thomas L. Smith) It takes a lot to know what is love It's not the big things, but the little things That can mean enough A lot of prayers to get me through And there is never a day that passes by I don't think of you Y

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文特辑精选

ECONOMICS REPORT - Carbon Trading By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Friday, January 14, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Economics Report. Carbon trading has its roots in the Kyoto Protocol.

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

EconomicsReport-Greece'sDebtCrisisandtheFutureofEurope 经济报道 - 希腊债务危机和欧洲未来息息相关 This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语经济报道。 Finance ministers from the euro are

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

US Olympic Alternates Prepare, Hope for Opportunity While Dacota Earnest, an 18-year-old from Texas, did not fulfill her Olympic dream, she still made it to London. She and Logan Dooley were selected as back-ups for the U.S. Olympic team's trampoline

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

World's Economy Still Focused on Europe New reports out Friday show German business confidence declined in June. Chinese manufacturing continues to shrink. And the number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits hit a nine-month high. Expectat

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

Europe Prepares for Dressing Down at G8 It is Europes G8 members, notably France and Germany, who will face the scrutiny of fellow leaders at Camp David. With full military honors, Francois Hollande arrived in Berlin under stormy skies Tuesday, just

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

Pope Benedict Ends Cuba Visit They walked the last kilometer, and more, to witness Pope Benedict's mass. In his homily, the pontiff spoke of his joy at the recent increase in freedom given to the Roman Catholic Church in Cuba. But he also referred to

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

Hearing Aid Common in Europe Turns Up Volume in US More than 10 percent of Americans have some form of hearing loss. Even with a hearing aid, deciphering sounds in places like airports, theaters and places of worship can be tough. However, a not-so-n

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

By Jeff Swicord Washington 18 June 2007 They were the men assigned to save Europe's great art treasures during World War Two. In early 1943, the U.S. and its allies learned that the Nazis were confiscating great works of art across Europe. In respon

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)

Refugee Girls' Chorus Sings Message of Hope When the girls in the Pihcintu Multicultural Children's Chorus sing about peace, the tunes have special meaning for them. Many are refugees who fled their homes in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, seeking

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

今天我们要学的词是special interest。 Special interest, 特殊利益集团,特别是指通过影响政策或立法来谋取私利的团体。 U.S. Treasury Secretary Geithner unveiled new rules to limit special interest influence over the

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃