A: What can I do for you today? B: I am inquiring about my insurance. A: What do you need to know? B: I think my insurance was changed. A: What changes were made? B: I think there's a problem with my premium. A: What's wrong with it? B: It's higher t

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

Expanding Health Insurance in Developing Countries Rwanda will host a regional conference next week (9-11/13), with a focus on health insurance. Rwanda has been praised for moving toward universal coverage for its population. But many say its a compl

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(九月)

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: Texas officials say flooding from Harvey has damaged some 49,000 homes. That's not a final count. Most of those homeowners never got flood insurance and face a long road to recovery. NPR's Jim Zarroli has more. JIM ZARROLI, BYLINE:

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

He opened the envelope. It contained junk mail. The junk mail was an ad. It was an ad for hospital insurance. Did he want extra hospital insurance? He didn't have any hospital insurance. Did he want extra money to help pay hospital bills? Yes, he tho

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

By Mil Arcega Washington 19 March 2007 watch Insurance Camera report A major U.S. insurance company is offering new technology to its customers, which could significantly reduce accidents. The program targets risky teenage drivers by giving parents

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(三月)

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. A market in Dakar, Senegal In Senegal, some people receive medical coverage from large employers. Some buy their own insurance. But most Senegalese are uninsured, especially the poor -- a common st

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(七)月

By Carol Pearson Washington, DC 25 January 2007 watch Bush Health Care report Health spending is rising faster than incomes in most developed countries, and that trend is particularly acute in the United States where 46 million Americans lack health

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(一月)

President Barack Obama delivers remarks on health insurance reform during his event at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia, 19 Mar 2010 Ahead of a crucial health-care reform vote in the U.S. House of Representatives expected on Sunday, Presi

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

Ford, Subaru, Volkswagen receive most awards in annual insurance industry tests for car safety Mil Arcega | Washington, DC 20 November 2009 The private U.S. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has released its list for what it considers the safes

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十一月)

AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: The Congressional Budget Office has weighed in on a health care proposal floated by President Trump. He's been threatening to cut off payments the government makes to insurance companies to lower the cost of co-payments and deduc

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Parents Worry Congress Won't Fund The Children's Health Insurance Program MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: Nine million kids get their health insurance through the federal Children's Health Insurance Program. Congress, though, has let the program expire, and

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: And House Republicans, as we noted, have met to discuss potential replacements for the Affordable Care Act. One suggestion to lower some people's premiums is to create what are called high-risk health insurance pools. But as Minnes

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

Health Insurance Exchanges Due to Open in US WASHINGTON A major part of the Affordable Care Act, passed in 2010, comes into effect October 1, giving Americans increased access to affordable health insurance plans. Most Americans have private insuranc

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十月)

By Kent Klein Washington 17 October 2009 President Barack Obama (file photo) U.S. President Barack Obama says the nation is closer to reforming its health care system than ever before. The president is warning, however, that the insurance industry i

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十月)

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Last month, a car using self-driving features crashed with a human driver. That accident in Tempe, Ariz., did not result in any major injuries, but it did highlight new issues for the auto insurance industry. NPR's Yuki Noguchi a

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Insurance Rules Can Hamper Recovery From Opioid Addiction STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: The roadblock to attacking the drug addiction crisis - it is hard for people to get medications that help them recover, hard even if they have insurance. Drugs like Suboxo

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Agent: Hello, Krashit Insurance. Jackie: Hi, I wanted to get a quote for car insurance. Agent: Sure, I can help you with that. I assume you want liability insurance , but what other coverage would you like to get? Jackie: UmmIm not sure. This is my f

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Carson: What happened here?! Samantha: As you can see, there was an accident. Early this morning, a man driving along this street lost control of his car and ran into the front window of our store. Luckily, no one was hurt. Carson: What are we going

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

At my company, I have a choice of health insurance plans. We can pick between HMOs and PPOs, and I have been with the same managed health plan for the past few years. Its the plan that has the lowest co- pays and the best coverage, and the network of

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: According to GoFundMe, 1 of every 3 of its online campaigns is now related to medical expenses. Some appeals are for people who say they don't have health insurance. Others say they have big bills left over after insurance or

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台12月