Benny买了便宜的盗版影碟,他室友Carl觉得这样做无异于盗窃。Benny争辩说, B: Come on. If you steal, it means you hurt someone, right? When I buy fake DVDs, who am I hurting? C: Actually, lots of people. Movie and software com

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司董事会成员David找Ken谈话,显得很神秘。 David: Hey, Ken...I need to talk to you. K: Sure...what's up? D: Can we step into the conference room? This is a more private conversation. K: Sure... D: Ok...I'm just going to lay it all ou

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司董事David和Ken谈话,觉得公司CEO Vincent不称职。David说, David: One of Vincent's biggest problems is his tendency to micro-manage everything. He sticks his nose into everything instead of leaving the day-to-day decisions to the

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

销售部的Steve, Faith和Katie开会讨论项目进展。Steve说, Steve: Ok, so are we all agreed that we'll move forward on this project? Faith: You know, I'm not so sure. I have a funny feeling about this. Katie: You smell a rat? F: Kind of. A

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Jim和Emily是一家跨国公司从中国聘用的新雇员,公司人事部的Paula对他们进行文化差异的培训。Emily说, E: I know that we will be expected to chat and make small talk with our customers, but I'm worried I'm going to pu

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Jim和Emily是一家跨国公司从中国聘用的新雇员,公司人事部的Paul对他们进行文化差异的培训。 Paul: Hello and good morning. I'm Paul Higgins and I've been asked to help prep all of you for your new positions. JE: Good mo

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司高管Peter, Jason和Helen开会讨论员工保健项目。大家都赞成把地下室改成健身中心,为员工健身提供方面。可问题在于,怎样才能要求员工去健身呢? Helen就提出了这个问题。 H: The gym is a

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

David Tang到Players杂志社求职面试,考官是杂志社经理Fred Dixon。 F: Ok...what do you think are your biggest weaknesses? D: Hmm...I'd say that my biggest weakness is a tendency to be a bit of a perfectionist. Sometimes I get too close

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Jane找上司Vincent, 可不是为了工作。 Jane: (knock knock) Hi, Vincent...got a second? Vincent: Sure, Jane...come in. Grab a seat. What's on your mind? J: Well, I know this doesn't fall under your responsibilities, but I really need some advi

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

The first-ever summit dedicated to a single animal brought world leaders, officials and conservation groups to Russia last week. The International Tiger Conservation Forum in St. Petersburg convened in the waning days of the Chinese Year of the Tiger

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他跟美国同事Amy一起在北京的一间酒店开会。 (Office ambience) A:Chen Hao, did you pay attention to what you did when you went through that door? C:你是说刚才那个旋转门吗? A:

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他在走廊上遇见了美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) C:Amy, 我找了你一整天。 A:What is it? C:我有个关于电子邮件的问题。每次我回信,都是点击Relpy, 保留原来的内容

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

BBC Learning English People and Places Speak English like a native! Amber:Hello! Today, we learn how to speak English like someone from Yorkshire, in the north of England, and like someone from the USA! Our teacher is Penny Dyer shes one of the most

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(162) / 评论(0) 分类 人与地方

By Sonja Pace Jerusalem 25 July 2006 U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, center, arrives at Rome's Ciampino military airport Tuesday, July 25, 2006 Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice arrived in Rome for an international conference on Lebanon o

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(七月)

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 27 May 2008 United Nations aid agencies say they have been able to reach about one million survivors of Cyclone Nargis in Burma, also known as Myanmar, with aid. That is slightly more than 40 percent of those affected by the de

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(五月)

Infant Dren and SARAH POLLEY as Elsa Kast in Warner Bros. Pictures and Dark Castle Entertainments science fiction thriller SPLICE, a Warner Bros. Pictures release. Genetic research can yield new treatments for deadly diseases and foods that are more

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

Secretary of State Clinton says parties to the Chinese-sponsored talks on North Korea are prepared to discuss a joint response, including possible U.N. Security Council action, if North Korea goes ahead with a threatened test of a long-range ballist

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(三月)

The U.S.-led Multinational Force turned over security responsibility for Qadisiyah province, also known as Diwaniyah, to Iraq on Wednesday. With that transfer, Iraq now has control over 10 of its 18 provinces. Iraq's national security advisor says h

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(七月)

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他跟美国同事Amy一起喝下午茶。 (Office ambience) A:Chen Hao, you've been attending a lot of business dinners lately. Didn't your team go out again last night with the clients? C:没错。我老板

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他中午吃饭在餐厅找到美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) C:Amy, 能找到你,太好了。 A:Will you join me? C:好啊,我正好有事问你。 A:What is it? C:我有个同事两个星期

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语