Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Clinton, happy birthday to you. And they weren't sure what to call him. He wasn't keen to celebrate. The former president told an audience in Toronto he didn

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2006年

加利福尼亚州桑尼维尔市有名的李艾维`李在论坛上发布了一个问题:哪些方面英国人比美国人做得好呢?她总共列举了23个例子来赞扬英国,这些例子涵盖食物,音乐,10英镑纸币和插头插座各

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

神探夏洛克第二季第一集_4 你知道这多少有点丢人吧? 'You realise this is a tiny bit humiliating?' 没关系 我不介意 It's OK, I'm fine. 现在... Now... 带我到溪边看看 ..show me to the stream. 我不是说你丢人 'I di

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 神探夏洛克第二季

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - U.N. Says Aid, Economic Growth Fail to Cut Poverty in Poorest NationsBy Brianna Blake Broadcast: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 16:00:00 UTC I'm Shep O'Neal with the VOA Special English Develop

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(六)月

Forget fitness trackers and fitness apps. 忘记计步器和各种健身应用软件吧。 Researchers say the augmented reality game Pokemon Go could have added 2.83 million years of life expectancy by simply getting people off the couch to hunt for

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. It sounds either really crazy, or kind of obvious. But according to new research, pick-up soccer could help homeless men avert the risk of an early dea

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

五、考试 1、Used as a chief means of deciding whether a student succeeds or fail in a subject. 2、不能evaluate ones true ability.只是测试memory or the skill of working rapidly under pressure.高分does not mean possessing creativity in de

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握大意。 2、继续听,特

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

When I was young, I prided myself as a nonconformist in the conservative U.S. state I live in, Kansas. I didn't follow along with the crowd. I wasn't afraid to try weird clothing trends or hairstyles. I was outspoken and extremely social. Even these

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Current plans to raise the retirement age are not bold enough 目前提高退休年龄的计划不够大胆 PUT aside the cruise brochures and let the garden retain that natural look for a few more years. Demography and declining investment returns a

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

British people are less satisfied with life than many in poorer countries and use too many of the earth's resources, according to a poll that ranks Britain 74th in the world below Georgia and Burma. Rather than measure Gross Domestic Product or GDP,

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Liverpool and China 利物浦与中国 Here comes the yuan 人民币驾到 A citys bid to revive its fortunes through the local and the global 利物浦努力通过本地特色和全球投资重振其经济 Sep 3rd 2011 | LIVERPOOL | from the print e

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

步行速度与寿命之间的关系 People the world over are living longer, and now a new study shows who is likely to live the longest. The information could help doctors and others, including the elderly, plan goals for treatment and care. 全世界

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

The simple exercise of sitting down and standing up again without holding onto anything, could suggest how long you have to live. 只一个简单的徒手坐下、再站起来的动作就能预测出你的寿命。真的么? This is the belief of a

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

雅思写作在同学们真正下笔之前,身体是必备步骤。它不仅是考生了解题目意图的重要环节,也是规划构思文章的唯一来源。因为,无论什么样的写作考试,最重要也是最基本的要求就是:写

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

Finding peace and quiet in todays 24-hour society can be tricky but a simple technique could help boost your productivity, it is claimed. 外媒称,在如今每日分秒必争的社会,寻找一份平静和安宁并不容易,但下面这份简单

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

And we managed to boil it down to nine. 我们试图归结为九点 In fact we've done two more Blue Zone expeditions since this 其实在这次蓝区远征前 and these common denominators hold true. 我们已经调查了两个蓝区 And the first o

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(369) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

每次雅思考试结束,总有同学反馈说看错题了,写跑题了....为什么在雅思考试高度紧张的状况下总有同学出现跑题、审错题的问题?如何才能告别偏题,拒绝雅思写作5.5分?其实无外乎从词汇

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

增加幸福感不只是政府的工作 The pursuit of happiness has a venerable tradition in British political economy. Jeremy Bentham, the late 18th century founder of utilitarianism, defined it thus: By the principle of utility is meant that princ

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Traffic noise can shorten your life, new research suggests. Having to endure rumbling lorries, honking horns and screeching tyres has been linked to shorter life expectancy and a higher risk of stroke. 一项新研究表明,交通噪音可能会让你

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间