dwell Those two young men dwell on an island and live on fishing. embark Peru embarked on a massive programme of reform. empirical Science studies are empirical researches in most cases. enforcement The new law needs strict enforcement. enthusiastic

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语六级考试高频词汇

Beginner A: how old is Keith? B: hes 21. how old is James? A: hes a year older than Keith, but he looks younger. B: hows your father? A: hes fine. He retired last week. Its turning poing in his life. Now he can relax and enjoy his retirement. B: he

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 情景英语口语100主题

World Leprosy Day started in 1954 and takes place on January 29th. It aims to raise awareness about the disease leprosy. In particular, it is an opportunity to inform people that leprosy is a curable disease and is not passed on by touching leprosy s

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

Accountant Sydney Brookman loves two things, working, which hes been doing since 1937.I dont wanna retire, I wanna keep working as long as I can live. And telling jokes. I can rattle off 100 jokes, 50 I can tell, just by memory. He is 97 years old.A

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2008

The Ups and Downs of Living Longer From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Report in Special English. A new study says people are living longer, but many are living longer in poor health. Researchers found that life expectancy has increased by

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

The Little Land of Long Life 长寿小国安道尔 by Jerri Graham Kevin Lustig There is an old saying: the only things that are certain in life are death and taxes. Yet in Andorra, a small country in the Pyrenees mountain range between France and Sp

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤解析英语

Many Baby Boomers Are Worried About Prospects for Retirement When Elizabeth Buras' father retires four years from now after 30 years with a lift repair company, he'll receive monthly checks from his c

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语综合教程

So, the average life expectancy in the U.S. and the U.K. is 78.1 years, 美国和英国的平均年龄是78.1岁, but we know from more than 1,000 peer-reviewed scientific studies that you can add 10 years of life by boosting your four types of res

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

They discovered that when a famine was able to trigger an effect was different for the grandmother than the grandfather. The grandmother appeared susceptible while she herself was still in the womb, w

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 基因外遗传现象

In its latest report issued every three years, the WHO Regional Office for Europe has found the average life expectancy at birth among the 900-million people in Europe is 76-years. This is 5 years longer than in 1980. More people are also living past

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Carol Pearson 08 April 2010 Life expectancy is rising in much of the world. But doctors are seeing another trend that is disturbing. Some people are choosing lifestyles that contribute to early death. A new U.S. study looks at four lifestyle choices

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

I love this woman -- Anne Hathaway, we know played an overworked assistant to an overbearing boss in the Devil wears Prada. I love that. Fast forward about ten years, the new comedy The Intern and now ends the boss to none other than Robert De Niro.

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2015年

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - U.N. World Population Report By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Monday, March 07, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Development Report. A United Nations report says the

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - U.N. World Population Report By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Monday, March 07, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Development Report. A United Nations report says the

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

用粉笔记下(分数等);达到,得到 chalk up 出名 make one’s mark 体育项目(尤指重要比赛) event 体育 PE (Physical Education) 体格、体质 physique 培训 groom 余的,

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

09年12月四级作文预测及范文(02) Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic What does Modern Science Bring us? You should write at least 150 words, and base your composition on the outline (given in Chi

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(202) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

Respect and understanding will be critical to avoid conflict and that will take leadership and participation. 尊敬和理解是避免冲突的关键所在这需要领导和参与 So have an opinion Get involved. 拥有自己的主见投身其中 And

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

The industrial foundation that was laid by Mao during his thirty years in power that was later proved to be quite important for China to reform. So this was several aspects that we think to be the continuity of the Chinese communist partys rule of Ch

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

Police in the southern US state of Texas say nine people have been killed in a battle between rival motorbike gangs at a restaurant in the city of Waco. At least 16 others were taken to hospital after being shot or stabbed. Diners at the Twin Peaks C

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

From NPR News in Washington, Im Craig Windham. The FBI is testing a letter sent to President Obama for the poisonous substance ricin. The letter was intercepted at a mail screening facility. The Secret Service says the letter is similar to those sent

发表于:2019-03-15 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年NPR美国国家公共电台5月