Unit 5 Home and Family Waiting(E) Mr.and Mrs.Clark decided to separateBefore being allowed to do so legallythe Family Court insisted they undergo some counselingfrom the marriage counselorto see if their union could be savedThe counselor did her hest

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 人人说英语高级

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语抢先学

Upon entering a little country store, the stranger noticed a sign warning, Danger! Beware of dog! posted on the glass door. Inside, he noticed a harmless old hound dog asleep on the floor beside the cash register. Is that the dog folks are supposed t

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A drill sergeant ordered two young female recruits to paint a room in the barracks, stressing that they not get any paint on their uniforms. Doubtful they could avoid ruining their clothes, the women

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Every night in my dreams I see you, I feel you, That is how I know you go on Far across the distance And spaces between us You have come to show you go on Near, far, wherever you are I believe that th

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 100首英语歌

At the Tea Table There was a tree in front of the house. A big table under the tree had places for a lot of people, but there were only three at it: the Hatter, the March Hare, and a dormouse. The Dormouse was asleep, and the other two were sitting v

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

Julia Sweeney (God Said, Ha!) performs the first 15 minutes of her 2006 solo show Letting Go of God. When two young Mormon missionaries knock on her door one day, it touches off a quest to completely rethink her own beliefs.

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(236) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:会心一笑

A woman answered her front door and found two boys holding a list. Lady, one of them explained, we are on a treasure hunt, and we need three grains of wheat, a pork-chop bone and a piece of used carbon paper to earn a dollar. Wow, the woman replied,

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

I signed an order last night to BP and about 8:30 eastern daylight time this morning they started pumping cement into the well. They will do that throughout the day. When that is done I'll make sure they have all the cement in place where it needs to

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(八)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? Only 10 percent of people die from primary tumors. The real problem is when it spreads around the body. The problem of metastases. Arizona State Universitys Paul Davies, s

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

Do you have any juice? 我在一家美国人的贸易公司做事,有一次老板临时决定出差去广州。适逢广州交易会期间,各大宾馆的房间都客满了。一时订不到房间,几个白人同事和我以及老板正在讨论此

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

Once, in a small village, there lived a poor Brahmin. He was very learned, but did nothing all day. He lived on the alms the villagers gave him every day. One day, as usual, the Brahmin got up in the morning, performed his morning rituals and set out

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

Summary: Teddy Lawson is going to marry Edith Merrill and he asks his father, Mr. Lawson, to finance his honeymoon. However, Teddy's father wants him to learn to say NO first because Teddy always says YES to everyone who makes a request. They make a

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英文剧本

Don't Touch Me! Vicky和Lisa是某餐馆的服务员,一天,一个顾客对Vicky.... 人物 Allen Jim Kuki Fenix Vicky Lisa -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cast 1. Vicky︰a waitress at Mondays res

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英文剧本

As you slowly open your eyes, look around , notice where the light comes into your room; listen carefully, see if there are new sounds you can recognize; feel with your body and spirit, and see if you can sense the freshness in the air. Yes, yes, yes

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

As you slowly open your eyes, look around , notice where the light comes into your room; listen carefully, see if there are new sounds you can recognize; feel with your body and spirit, and see if you can sense the freshness in the air. Yes, yes, yes

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

【欧美经典】 i believe i can fly i used to think that i could not go on 我原以为我无法坚持下去 and life was nothing but an awful song 生命只不过是首忧郁的歌 but now i know the meaning of true love 但现在我明白了真爱

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美绝对经典 U2

celine dion - it's all coming back to me now 专辑: It's All Coming Back To Me Now (Jim Steinman) There were nights when the wind was so cold That my body froze in bed If I just listened to it Right outside the window There were days when the sun wa

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语歌曲收藏之一

The cop moved along the street, looking strong and important. This was the way he always moved. He was not thinking of how he looked. There were few people on the street to see him. It was only about ten at night, but it was cold. And there was a win

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

AS IT IS 2016-10-10 What Washington Politicians Are Really Saying 华盛顿政治家们的真实意图是? It sounds so nice. My good friend... It is what some members of Congress say about their fellow lawmakers. But Chuck McCutcheon and David Mark

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十)月