Using a Pawnshop Jamaica: I need to raise some cash right away. I?m thinking of hocking a few things. You?ve used the pawnshop down the street before, right? Nolan: Yeah, a few years ago when I lost my job. I needed a short-term loan to tide me over

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之旅行交通购物

Starting a stamp collection is easy and not very expensive. Before you start, you need to decide what kind of stamps you want to collect. Most people collect stamps that have something to do with what they are interested in: a certain country, a type

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 人教全日制普通高中英语(必修)高三(全一册)

The interesting most boring man in the world By Chris Rose People often said that Thierry Boyle was the most boring man in the world. Thierry didnt know why people thought he was so boring. Thierry thought he was quite interesting. After all, he coll

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

颇受好评的英文乌龙笑话又来了,这次让我们再来看看又有哪些人英文乱用、听不懂装懂,以至于不伦不类,贻笑大方。相信有类似乌龙经验的朋友们,一

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 小笨霖英语笔记

By Faiza Elmasry Burlingame, CA 17 June 2008 The first postage stamp in history was issued in Great Britain in 1840. In the years since then, tens of thousands of different designs have been issued by the world's nations, and tens of thousands of pe

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(六月)

(Terry meets Benjamin in the post office.) Terry: Hi! Ben! Nice meeting you here! Benjamin: Hi, Terry! Nice meeting you here. Terry: What are you doing here? Fitness Consultant? Benjamin: Subscribe to the magazine for my wife. Terry: I see. I thought

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

By Ward Ana Washington, DC 14 February 2008 The U.S. Library of Congress is the world's largest library with more than 130 million items. Among its works is the largest collection of Persian language materials outside Iran. Recently, VOA's Ana Ward w

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

By George Dwyer Washington 04 March 2008 For decades Washington's National Air and Space Museum has been among the city's top tourist attractions. It is an impressively large building - located within sight of the U.S. Capitol Building - and operated

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

By Mary Morningstar Washington 29 October 2006 Country star Alan Jackson, 48, has dominated the Country charts throughout the past two decades. He's best-known for such uptempo hits as Don't Rock the Jukebox, Chattahoochee and his Grammy-winning due

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

By Mike O'Sullivan Los Angeles 19 September 2006 The Getty Center is one of the leading art institutions in the United States. It is also major center for restoration of damaged art works. The Getty museum has been embroiled in recent controversies

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(九月)

Rare Violins Play Starring Role in Concert Stradivarius instruments, especially Stradivarius violins, are known the world over for their exquisite beauty, unparalleled craftsmanship and extraordinary sound. Six of the rare instruments are owned by th

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

French Enthusiasts Restore Old Airplanes 法国爱好者们致力于修复老式飞机 Vintage airplanes always attract a lot of attention and aviation enthusiasts spend much time, effort and money to restore them to flying condition. When they do no

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(七月)

US Congress Mulls Future of Federal Bulk Data Collection 美国会对联邦收集数据行为表示担忧 WASHINGTON This week brings increased pressure on U.S. lawmakers to reform or reauthorize the National Security Agencys ability to gather domest

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(五月)

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: Our poetry reviewer, Tess Taylor, is sharing some books that she says capture different voices from American life right now. One's by a poet from West Virginia, another an immigrant and a third an African-American woman. Hi, Tess.

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: On his first day on the job, President Trump made some changes to the Oval Office. He installed gold drapes and moved some statues. First families do have some leeway to make changes to the White House, including changes througho

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Frank Gehry has designed world-renowned buildings, including the Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, the Guggenheim in Bilbao, Spain. Recently, the Getty in LA acquired a vast archive of Gehry's work that spans three decades of the

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

'Blackacre': A Collection Of Poems About 'Searching And Being Buffeted' play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0002:27repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update you

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

High-Priced 'Pill Fashion' Causing Controversy play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0004:02repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin. LAKSHMI S

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Topics: Ringling Brothers and Barnum Bailey Circus; New York Fashion Week; predict versus forecast; foretell versus remind versus recall; polite phrases used before meals Words: circus acrobat clown ringmaster clean reach collection whats in/out star

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Variety of New Music Collections Released for Holidays Every holiday season brings the release of new music collections and 2013 is not different. A Mary Christmas, is Mary J. Bliges first holiday release and home to a dozen pop standards, including

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十二月)