Bible Museum Admits Some of its Dead Sea Scrolls Are Fake The Museum of the Bible opened in November 2017 in Washington, D.C. Even then, some questioned whether its collection of 16 Dead Sea Scrolls were real versions of the religious texts. Now, the

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Here's how debt collectors are supposed to treat you on the phone. I want to inform you and I am obligated to inform you that this is an attempt to collect the debt. This is how they're not. Stanley McLeod, you need to call Green Tree and get your ac

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2009年

12 Listening to Music GLOSSARY extensive large, thorough, and complete, with many different kinds of something * Henry has extensive knowledge of home building because heworked for an architect for three years. collection a group of many of the same

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

US Lawmakers Seek Surveillance Reform 美国国会议员寻求监测改革 U.S. senators in both parties are proposing changes in the way the National Security Agency collects information as it hunts for terrorists and other threats. Some lawmakers w

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十月)

Norman Rockwell is one of the best-known American artists of the 20th century. His illustrations appeared in advertisements, on calendars and most notably on magazine covers. Collection of George Lucas Licensed by Norman Rockwell Licensing, Niles IL.

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

US Senate Faces Deadline on Domestic Surveillance 美国参议院面临国内监管最后期限 WASHINGTON The future scope of the U.S. governments domestic surveillance activities could be decided this week as Congress works to reauthorize soon-to-e

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(五月)

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: Ralph Lauren's spring collection is not working for fashion critic Robin Givhan. The title of her review this week in The Washington Post is It's 2018, Ralph Lauren. Why Do You Think This Look Is Still Cool? She believes Lauren's

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: OK, file this one under impossible assignments - write a really funny, like laugh-out-loud funny, short story about jihad. Yeah, terrorism and humor are uneasy bedfellows, to put it mildly. But the author Alison MacLeod takes

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Everything Is Fair Game In 'Known And Strange Things' ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: For the writer Teju Cole, everything is fair game - politics, photography, music, Snapchat. His essays roam among decades, genres and media, drawing unexpected parallels. His la

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: Online sales are about to start costing more. The Supreme Court ruled today that states can force retailers to collect and remit sales taxes on out-of-state purchases. The 5-to-4 decision reverses decades-old decisions. Those

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

Collecting trash from the Yangtze River is a major undertaking in southwest China's Chongqing Municipality. The city's Wanzhou District, which covers 80 kilometers of the river, has made the work more efficient with automatic trash collection boats.

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Topics: How to tip in the U.S., famous American museums, pronouncing a, comfortable vs. convenient, I used to vs. I use to, of course Words: direct flight to tip host/hostess waiter/waitress bellboy coat check maid concierge usher permanent collectio

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(198) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Sky Above Clouds III/Above the Clouds III, 1963 I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. Georgia O'Keeffe, American artist, 1887-1986 Related Links The Phillips Collection The Geo

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

By Carolyn Weaver Washington, D.C. 14 November 2006 watch Smithsonian museum report The north entrance to the two museums now reopened to the public The Smithsonian American Art Museum and the National Portrait Gallery, two museums in one historic b

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

Bonsai tree in U.S. National Arboretum Sixty five years ago, during World War II, a B-29 bomber known as the Enola Gay dropped the first atomic bomb over the city of Hiroshima, Japan, killing hundreds of thousands of people. Among the survivors was a

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

今天我们要学的词是 memorabilia.Memorabilia 有纪念品的意思。A private collection of John F. Kennedy memorabilia brought in almost $2 million at auction. 一个私人收藏的约翰.肯尼迪遗物拍卖会总共卖了将近两百万美元

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

By Jeff Swicord Washington 18 June 2007 They were the men assigned to save Europe's great art treasures during World War Two. In early 1943, the U.S. and its allies learned that the Nazis were confiscating great works of art across Europe. In respon

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)

The army in Tailand has stated a crew suspending the constitution and desolving the government.In its T address,the country's army chief is following to restore peace and impose political reforms.TB broadcasting his suspender and political gatherings

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2014年

An opera company from Belgium will stage a classic one-act opera in Beijing on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. The opera, named Midnight in Paris, centers on a desperate young woman who lives in the 1950s. Naomi Beeldens is the young Belgian

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(173) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

Topics: The Chinese Exclusion Act; Library of Congress and the public library system; I thought versus I think; anyway versus however; to make (someone) earn (something) Words: Immigration to resent act to exclude citizen ethnic to repeal library to

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe