McVeigh Case Delayed? In the United States, Timothy McVeigh will seek a delay in his execution for the bombing of a government building in Oklahoma. Defense layers made the request Thursday after a tw

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2001年

The Supreme CourtThe Highest Judicial Authority最高法院最高司法机关 The Supreme Court is comprised of nine justices who are appointed to the bench for life, or until voluntary retirement. They are appointed by the President and must be conf

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语

69.It's Not Quite The Same W: Is it beautiful on the beach? M: It is Ok when seeing it from far away, but it's not the case when seeing it up close. W:It shouldn't be like this. M: The movie for today is too boring. W: The TV presented it pretty well

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 越说越地道英语

A: What can I help you with? B: I need to hire you. A: What do you need me for? B: I need you for my court date. A: What kind of case do you have? B: Im being charged with a felony. A: I can help you with that. B: What is your price? A: I charge $150

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-犯罪

UNIT 3 TEXT Do you want a better life? According to the author of the following article, the solution is easy. Simply change the way you look at yourself - and you will change the way you live. Improv

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语精读第五册

Text A young man finds that strolling along the streets without an obvious purpose can lead to trouble with the law. One misunderstanding leads to another until eventually he must appear in court for trial…… A Brush with the Law I have only once

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 全新版大学英语听说教程第一册

Unite One Daily life On the phone A:Is that Beijing TV? B:Yes,may I help you? A:I would like to speak to Mrs.Ann Richard,please. B:I am sorry,she is noy here at the moment. A:What time will she be back? B:I'm not sure,but i think she will be back by

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(152) / 评论(0) 分类 人人说英语中级

U217 Turn off the music please. I've forgotten turning off the water. But the advanced course of French literature turns me off. People with loud voice turn me off. Hurry to turn on the radio. I've tu

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 沛沛英语

甲型H1N1流感正在来势汹汹地对人类构成威胁。 在全球媒体铺天盖地的甲型H1N1流感疫情报道中,甲型H1N1流感曾被普遍称为猪流感,虽然之后世卫组织就明确表示用猪流感表示此次疫情并不合适

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 医学英语

[ti:UNIT 1 School and Friends Lesson 5: My Classroom] [00:01.62]UNIT 1 第一单元 [00:03.20]School and Friends 学校和朋友 [00:07.03]Lesson 5: 第5课: [00:08.74]My Classroom 我的教室 [00:11.50]1. [00:13.10]What's this? 这是什么? [0

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 河北教育初中英语(初中起点)七年级上

1. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has told a Senate panel that the Secret Service prostitution scandal in Colombia did not put President Barack Obama's security at risk. She added the agents' alleged behavior though is inexcusable. 2. N

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(四月)

1.因果关系 and so;another important factor/reason;as a consequence;as a result;as;because;because of;being that;consequently;due to;for the reason that;for the same reason;for;hence;for this reason;in consequence;i

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集

226. Seeing is believing W: Everybody says that HuaShan Mountain has only one road since ancient times. M: Finally, we come to see it ourselves. W: Seeing is believing. M: Everybody says that the views of GuiLin are the best in the world. W: It reall

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 越说越地道英语

Scientists and doctors cant make their minds up about coffee. One study says its really bad for us and the next report says its good for us. Ive even read that 10 cups a day is good for our brain. I like a cup of coffee at certain times of the day. I

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

1. It's not like that.不是那样的。 这句话是用来辟谣的。当别人误会了一件事的来龙去脉,你就可以跟他说It's not like that.「不是那样的。」当然随着语气及情境的不同,It's not like that.这句话也有

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

One of the most closely-watched U.S. Supreme Court cases in years began Monday as oral arguments got under way in a legal challenge to President Barack Obamas health care law - the signature achievement of his presidency so far. Analysts say the outc

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Li Chen: The password is aSvKLiE, that is lower case a, upper case S, lower case v, upper case K and L, lower case i, upper case E. Technician: OK, that is a as in apple, s as in Sam, v as in viper, k as in knowledge, l as in line, i as in interest,

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

本人英语专业,而且曾在英国留学,连英国人也常以为我是BBC(british born chinese),本以为口语考试会那个巨牛的分数,结果才得7分。我估计在考试过程中出现一些由于文化差异而导致考官对我的

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

形式主语从句是雅思写作中非常常用的一种句型。我们先来看一下它是怎样构成的。(That+一个完整的句子可做主语)。比如说:(That education is important ) is clear.这就是主语从句的基本形式。但如果

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

I've been alone, since the day that you left me 'cause i never told, just what you mean to me I guess im afraid, of those kind of feelings Didn't mean to push you away, i realize i made a big mistake 'cause you know i know, and i know you know That e

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(165) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯