The excitement increased with each goal. The students ages 5 to 11 watched the World Cup at Tierra del Fuego . Even though they weren't even born the last time Argentina won the World Cup in 1986, thi

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2006年

1. Parts of North Carolina all the way up to Massachusetts have been rattled by an earthquake. The 5.9-magnitude quake was centered in Virginia and has caused minor damage and some injuries. 2. Hundreds of Libyan rebels have stormed one of Muammar Ga

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(八月)

1. A spokesman for Libya's rebels says forces loyal to Moammar Gadhafi are posted just outside Tripoli and it wouldn't take long for them to get to the center of the capital. There's still no word where Gadhafi is, but his son Saif, who was reported

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(八月)

1. Tourists have started evacuating Ocracoke Island in North Carolina, the first test to see if people will get out of the way of potentially major Hurricane Irene. Forecasters say Irene could approach the U.S. as a monster Category-4 storm. 2. A 5.8

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(八月)

This is AP news minute. 1. New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady must serve a four-game 'Deflategate' suspension imposed by NFL, a federal appeals court ruled Monday. The case is likely to fuel a fresh round of debate over what rule, if any, Bra

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(四)月

Four Republican presidential candidates remain just hours ahead of the debate in South Carolina. Texas Governor Rick Perry is out. I am suspending my campaign and endorsing Newt Gingrich for President of the United States. NPR's senior Washington edi

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Here is some thanksgiving tips food and safety expert Ben Chatman in North Carolina State University. First, do not wash the turkey, which***. The water splashing off a portroy can toss bacteria around your entire food preparation area. Two, s** is t

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

From Nairobi to North Carolina: A Kenyan Teacher's Journey One day in May 2015, James Gitau Mwangi was reading in the library at the American Reference Center in Nairobi. He did not know that a conversation he overheard there would change his life. T

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(一)月

An impoverished graduate student at Clemson University in South Carolina, I was excited when my father informed me that he had bought me a car. Hardly able to contain my enthusiasm, I asked Dad the ty

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(188) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

WASHINGTONFormer U.S. President George W. Bush has emerged from a self-imposed hiatus from the American political scene to try to boost his younger brother Jeb's bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination. George Bush attested to his brother

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Thousands of medieval European books survive to this day. Authors and scribes carefully handwrote the works on parchments made of animal skins. But the

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

1.Tiger Woods is still in Florida as his charity golf tournament is set to tee off on the other side of the country. Yesterday Woods released a statement on his website apologizing for what he called transgressions. The report-announced weekly magazi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(十二)月

AS IT IS 2015-02-18 Teacher Remembers North Carolina Shooting Victims 北卡罗来纳枪击案的受害者 Mussarut Jabeen is head of the Al-Iman School in Raleigh, North Carolina. She knew all three young people who were murdered in North Carolina o

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(二)月

AS IT IS 2016-04-08 More People Move to Houston in US 越来越多的人来到美国休斯敦 More people moved to the Houston, Texas area in one year than to any other metropolitan area in the United States. The U.S. Census Bureau recently released

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

听力题目: 13.(A). This wouldnt be a good time to go to North Carolina. (B). Visiting North Carolina is not what Id like the most. (C). I wish I could go to North Carolina. (D). I was supposed to be in North Carolina by now. 14.(A). I didnt see

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 托福听力单句训练

I'm Cory Kessler at the CNN.com newsroom in Atlanta. Here's a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. CNN is now projecting Mitt Romney as the winner of the Republican caucus in Nevada. Nevada caucus is the first presidential vote in the west. Of

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(一)月

冬季风暴袭击美国东南部 WASHINGTON, Feb. 12 (Xinhua) -- A new round of major winter storm is affecting the southeastern of the United States on Wednesday, bringing with it dangerous ice and snow and leaving hundreds of thousands of homes an

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. Hurricane Earl now packs 145-mile-per-hour winds as it continues to churn towards the North Carolina coast. Forecasters are still trying to pinpoint exactly where and if Earl will make landfall. Hurricane warnings and watches have now been posted

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(九月)

作为一个不在意是否成为明星的人,Blake Shelton 在过去的几年中确实闯出了名头。 Now i love country music And i guess i always will But these days, when i turn on the radio It's just not the same thrill I like a song that g

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

BEIJING, July 26 (Xinhuanet) -- The breast cancer is more deadly to black women than to whites, a new study found. This finding was published online Monday on the Journal of Clinical Oncology in the United States. The study was done by the City of Ho

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻