17. Early French Voyages, 1524-36. 17.早期法国人航海(15241536年) The first French expedition to America was led by an Italian named Verrazano, but he sailed in the service of Francis I, King of France. 法国第一支开往美国的探险

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

Broadcast: April 17, 2003 By Nancy Steinbach VOICE ONE: This is Rich Kleinfeldt. VOICE TWO: And this is Sarah Long with the MAKING OF A NATION, a VOA Special English program about the history of the U

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-美国故事

1.President Barack Obama says he's committed to the survival of the US auto industry, but that the administration cannot continue to excuse poor decisions. Obama has rejected the restructuring plans from GM and Chrysler and given the automakers one

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(三)月

1.Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe is scheduled to visit the USS Arizona Memorial at pearl harbor in Hawaii on Tuesday. He becomes the first Japanese prime minister to visit monument to sailors in the ruin killed in the 1941 Japanese attack. 2.Russ

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2017(一)月

1. Canadas Prime Minister says Wednesdays shooting inside Parliament and the fatal shooting of a soldier at a war memorial nearby are an act of terrorism. The gunman, 32-year-old Michael Zehaf Bibeau was shot and killed inside parliament by a sergean

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(十)月

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Shipwreck Off North Carolina Offers Clues About Blackbeard the Pirate JIM TEDDER: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Jim Tedder. CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: And I'm Christopher Cruise. This week, we will tell about

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama met with US military commanders in eastern Afghanistan today, an area of escalating hostilities that he has said is not getting enough attention from the Bush administration. Obama made a stop en route

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台七月

From NPR News in Washington, I am Jack Speer. It's being described as an important first step by some while others like the head of Senate Banking Committee Connecticut lawmaker Chris Dodd are calling it a wild pitch. It's not even close to the stri

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台四月

It is almost here. Hurricane Irene is curving closer and closer to tens of millions of people. Waves and wind already kicking up, and the first rains will soak the Southeast today. This is a big storm, hundreds of miles across. And even from space, i

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(九)月

Charleston Charleston,Charleston MadeinCarolina Somedance,someprance Illsaytheresnothingfiner ThantheCharleston,Charleston Ohhowyoucanshuffle Everystepyoudo Leadstosomethingnew ManImtellingyou Itsalapazoo Buckdance,wingdance Willbeabacknumber ButtheC

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 美国 Kidsongs 英语儿童歌曲

Hurricane Florence Threatens US East Coast Weather officials are predicting a powerful storm in the Atlantic Ocean will hit Americas southeastern coast later this week. Hurricane Florence, a Category 4 storm, is expected to make landfall in North or

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Good stuff. On our blog, some of you have been discussing what makes your favorite teacher so good.We're celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week with some of those comments in about seven minutes. I`m Carl Azuz.You're watching CNN Student News. Yesterd

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(五)月

1. Donald Trump won at least 3 of Tuesday's 5 presidential primaries. He finished 1st in Florida, North Carolina and Illinois. Missouri was a close contest between Trump and senator Ted Cruz. Governor John Kasich won his own state in Ohio. 2. Democra

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(三)月

AS IT IS 2015-02-13 Hate Crime Not Ruled Out in Muslim Students' Death On Tuesday evening, a man shot and killed three Muslim students in the U.S. city of Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Many American Muslims said the students deaths did not get widespr

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Buss Peterson, My roommate. When I first met Buss, all I heard about was that this kid from Ashville North Carolina was clearly unplayed against but he has never played against me then, so how do you come to be the player of the year? Is that some ty

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

历届世博:美国1901年查尔斯顿世博会 Charleston Exposition英语介绍The South Carolina Inter-State and West Indian Exposition, commonly called the Charleston Exposition or the West Indian Exposition, was a regional trade exposition hel

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

GWEN IFILL: Early voting has already begun in key states that could determine the balance of the Senate and the direction the nation may be heading in the final two years of the Obama presidency. One of those states is North Carolina, where a Democra

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

This is AP News Minute. I. The battle continues in the southern Iraq city of Basra. Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has traveled to the city where Iraqi forces are fighting Shiite militiamen. Al-Maliki has ordered the fighting to stop by today,

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 AP一分钟时事

Idiom: Ride with the tide ( follow other's decision ) Hit the book: Emerge Yank Sheriff Excessive Toss Dismissal Attorney Suspend In the wake of Spark outrage A South Carolina police officer was fired Wednesday after videos emerged showing him yankin

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

V: Hey. I made you some tea. S: Oh, thanks. V: Wren called, to see how you and Melissa were. S: That was nice of him. V: It's a good thing your father didn't answer. He would have hung up.

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音