blessvt. 1.(with) 使有幸得到,使具有; 2.为祈神赐福(或保佑) A: Did you have a good crop of potatoes this year?B: Unfortunately not, they were hit by blight.blightn. 1.(植物等)枯萎病; 2.造成破坏(或损坏)的因素vt. 破坏,

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(204) / 评论(0) 分类 CET6练口语记单词

A few weeks after my eighth birthday, my grandmother took me to visit her friend Naomi. The rooms Naomi lived in could have been called a 1) flat, I suppose, but it wasn’t a flat in a modern block.

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(166) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2002年

What are the things that drive interviewers the most crazy? Listen and learn. 到底是哪5种情况让面试官最抓狂呢,看一下吧。 1.You arrive super early 1. 来得太早了。 Everybody knows that you're an idiot if you show up late for

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 面试英语

Not Just Another Russian 俄国文坛巨擘──托尔斯泰 by Christine Newton In 1828, baby Leo was born into the rich and powerful Tolstoy family of Central Russia. He would grow up to write two of the greatest novels in the history of literatur

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤解析英语

Britney Spears - Blur Turn the lights out This shit is way too fucking bright Wanna poke my eyes out If you wanna mess with my eyesight Just let me get my head right Where the hell am I? Who are you? What'd we do Last night? Hey yeah yeah Who are you

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英文歌曲第一辑

在这个引人入胜的演讲中,建筑师Liz Diller 分享她的公司DS+R的不寻常工作,包括墙壁是雾做的模糊的房子(Blur Building),他们把Alice Tully大会堂翻新成激情四射的木头外观。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:奇观建筑

He was watching TV. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something. It was a shadow. It seemed to be on the floor. He turned his head to get a better look. Whatever it was, it wasn't there anymore. Over the next few months, he saw the shadow several

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

The axe was moving so fast it whistled, and the handle made its own separate swishing sound as it slid up and down within his slippery palms. Up it flashed above his head, down it came in a dull silver blur, carving a wedge-shaped chunk out of the ir

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 荆棘鸟

Can it really be sixty-two years ago that I first saw you? It is truly a lifetime, I know. But as I gaze into your eyes now, it seems like only yesterday that I first saw you, in that small caf in Hanover Square. From the moment I saw you smile, as y

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Hope Shadow walks faster than you 影子总比你走的快 You don't really know what to do 你不知道该怎么办 Do you think that you're not alone? 你是否认为你不孤独 You really think that you are immune to 你真的认为你刀枪不入

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

A photograph or postcard is popular souvenirs to take with us after visiting a foreign country. 从一个陌生国度旅行归来,带回一张照片或明信片作纪念品是司空见惯的事。 But one Singaporean woman has designed a novel way

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

今天我们要学的词是blur。 Blur, 使一件事变得模糊不清。 The TV station blurred out his face to protect his identity, 电视台将他的脸部处理得模糊不清,以免暴露身份。 With all the new communication tools, the li

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

今天我们要学的词是blur。 Blur, 使一件事变得模糊不清。 The TV station blurred out his face to protect his identity, 电视台将他的脸部处理得模糊不清,以免暴露身份。 With all the new communication tools, the li

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Jessie J(1988年3月27日-),英国歌手,她曾经帮Miley Cyrus, Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown, Alicia Keys 和Christina Aguilera等歌手制作过歌曲,使她开始受到注意。她的首支单曲Do It Like a Dude在英国单曲排行榜

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

Blur-Coffee TV Do you feel like a chain store? 觉得自己像个连锁店吗? Practically flawed 简直的无用 One of many zeros 很多中的一个 Kicked around bored 到处谋生 Your ears are full but you're empty 你的耳朵满满但内心却

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

Don't wanna be the one to walk away But I can't bear the thought of one more day I think I finally understand what it means to be lost Can't find the road to lead us out of this A million miles from where we burned the bridge Can't keep pretending th

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

1. Throw yourself in at the deep end 深临其境 Many people will look you in the eye and tell you with utter conviction that the only way to learn is to move to the country of your target language. This isnt strictly true, but it obviously makes im

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Cleveland has won the dubious distinction of being the most miserable city in the United States, according to a new poll。 The Ohio city on the Cuyahoga River has high unemployment, dismal weather, hefty taxes, corruption and mediocre sports teams,

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

When I was told last year that my 2-year-old son had an illness that threatened his life, I tried to strike a bargain with fate――I would do anything, I would trade my old life away, if only he would get better. We learned that our son would n

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

金属:Evanescence - Oceans 相关介绍 :时隔五年,当今最为成功的女声金属乐队之一的Evanescence在万众瞩目之下发行了乐队的第三张同名专辑-Evanescence。主唱Amy Lee表示,这张同名专辑更像是送给Ev

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲