Lesson 7 Bats 蝙蝠 First listen and then answer the following question. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 In what way does echo-location in bats play an utilitarian role? Not all sounds made by animals serve as language, and we have only to tu

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(759) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第四册

The little brown bat was once abundant in the eastern U.S. But within the last 15 years, a fungus called Pseudogynmoascus destructans infiltrated a cave in upstate New York. This fungus causes whats called white-nose syndrome in bats. The illness has

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年Scientific American(十二)月

Windows Vex Bats' Echolocating Abilities 干扰蝙蝠回声定位的烦人窗 Just as humans understand the shape of our surroundings by how light reflects off objects, bats use reflections of sounds they produce insteadwhats called echolocation. But

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(九)月

As the sun goes down every evening in northern Australia, millions of dark, huge, winged creatures dominate the skies. They're an imposing sight, but these black flying foxes are just big harmless bats, the biggest in the world. Their wingspan can re

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

AS IT IS 2014-02-20 Mosquitoes and Bats May Carry Disease 蚊子和蝙蝠可能携带疾病 Hello and welcome to another program designed to help you learn and improve your American English. Im Jim Tedder in Washington. Today we are concerned with yo

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(二)月

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: Now this Halloween story about bats and spirits - not spooky spirits. We're talking tequila. NPR's Neda Ulaby went to a Mexican bar in Washington, D.C., to research the connection between bats and booze. NEDA ULABY, BYLINE:

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Animals communicate - birds sing to woo their mates, the Cubs sing Go Cubs Go, BJ Leiderman wrote our theme music, wolves howl out to their pack members and fruit bats bicker. (SOUNDBITE OF FRUIT BATS SQUEAKING) SIMON: That symphon

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Bats Arent Blind The expression blind as a bat is not an accurate simile. Studies suggest that bats rely on visual landmarks just like birds do. Unlike birds, bats are mammals. The only mammal in the world that can fly is the bat. Some species of bat

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

Here are some happy vampire bats. What's causing all this giddiness? A great, big, fat meal has arrived. You can practically hear these bats going Oh, boy! Oh, boy! Better yet, the victim is asleep. This is gonna be like, well, taking blood from a s

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2008年

Attack of the bats 蝙蝠的攻击 Dr. Moron and his team of researchers study the sleeping pattern of bats. They believed that bats have dreams just like people. 莫朗博士和他的研究生团队要研究蝙蝠的睡眠模式。他们认为蝙蝠和

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

By Alisha Ryu Nairobi 23 August 2007 Medical researchers studying the recent outbreak of Marburg hemorrhagic fever in Uganda say common bats are the most likely source of the outbreak. VOA Correspondent Alisha Ryu in our East Africa Bureau in Nairobi

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(八月)

Wind Turbines Take Steep Toll On Birds And Bats Estimates by the Department of Energy indicate that in the United States alone, there will be more than 100,000 wind turbines by 2030. John Anderson is policy director at the American Wind Energy Associ

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

Voice 1 Hello. Im Mike Procter. Voice 2 And Im Marina Santee. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 What do you think

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Here are some happy vampire bats. What's causing all this giddiness? A great, big, fat meal has arrived. You can practically hear these bats going Oh, boy! Oh, boy! Better yet, the victim is asleep. This is gonna be like, well, taking blood from a sl

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

Todd: I usually get home from work at about 6:30 and when I get home the first thing I like to do is go jogging. Fortunately, my apartment is near a river and I go jogging on the river at night. It's really beautiful. It's really green. There's lots

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

By Greg Flakus Austin, Texas 04 August 2006 watch Austin Bat Colony report A bat in the Austin, Texas colony In many parts of the world, bats rank with snakes, spiders, scorpions and other members of the animal kingdom that are regarded as creepy or

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(八月)

Todd: I usually get home from work at about 6:30 and when I get home the first thing I like to do is go jogging. Fortunately, my apartment is near a river and I go jogging on the river at night. It's really beautiful. It's really green. There's lots

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

Two Bats两只蝙蝠Two vampire bats wake up in the middle of the night, thirsty for blood. One says, Lets fly out of the cave and get some blood.两只吸血蝙蝠在半夜醒来,想要喝血。一只蝙蝠说:我们飞到洞外去找些血喝。

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂