Bats have been considered unlucky since the middle ages. 蝙蝠从中世纪开始就被视为不吉祥的动物。 Bats have been considered unlucky since the middle ages. 蝙蝠从中世纪开始就被视为不吉祥的动物。 As they are related

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语初阶

Greeces conservative New Democracy Party has claimed victory in the countrys crucial general election. New Democracy appears to have won 30% of the vote, 4 points ahead of the left wing Syriza Party. Party leader,Antonis Samaras says the Greek people

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2012年

THIS IS AMERICA - Another World, Underground: Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico BOB DOUGHTY: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. BARBARA KLEIN: And I'm Barbara Klein. This week on our program, we explore a U

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

风力发电成野生动物杀手 Wind power is key to efforts to produce clean, limitless energy and to slow global warming. It's one of the world's fastest-growing energy industries. But there is mounting evidence that expanding wind farms are taki

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2012年10月

Todd: Well, you seem like a person who's really conscious about animals. Would you have gone? If you saw the advertisements to go and be next to these tigers, would you go? Paul: I mean, I think it's obviously like a special opportunity. It doesn't c

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Idiom: Lose your marbles ( go crazy ) Hit the book: The experiments by some scientists tell us that bats use the sunset to calibrate the Earth's magnetic field for use as a compass. But the story may be still more complicated. In birds, it's not the

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

文本: Catwoman:Which one lets me out of here alive? Two-Face:Not this one.Time to die! Catwoman:I vote for a stay of execution.No gun,Harv? Shame.This is gonna hurt. Two-Face:__(2)__,bitch! Catwoman:And I thought it was cats who have nine lives.H

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

[00:01.39]I agree with Fiona. [00:03.30]The only other thing I'd complain [00:05.32]is the roads outside the cities. [00:08.32]Most of them are in pretty poor condition. [00:11.05]Well, you've given me [00:12.84]a great preview of Australia. [00:14.7

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 北师大版高中英语模块4

by Jason Marshall In the last few articles, weve talked about decimals and how theyre related to fractions through the process of division. Now, its time to turn our attention to some practical applications of these tools. Up first today were talking

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 数学英语

From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. An outbreak of a brain-destroying virus is currently happening in the Kerala state of India. The number of people who have died from Nipah is relatively small. Officials from Indias Mini

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Do Bats Hold the Secret to Long Life? Bats are the only mammals that can fly a great distance, but they have another ability. Many bats live a very long time for an animal their size. European researchers are studying bats to understand why they live

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Pine Tree 松树 If people look around, they can easily find pine trees. 如果人们四处看看,他们可以轻易地发现松树。 There are about 115 different kinds of pine trees all over the world. 世界上大约有115种不同的松树。

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第3册

Another World, Underground: Carlsbad Caverns National Park 美国西南部的一处UNESCO世界遗产 Welcome to This Is America with VOA Learning English. This week on our program, we explore a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the American Southwest, n

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(八)月

This week on Our World: Geneticists find new clues to a puzzling disease ... the fungus that's killing off bats ... and the coming increase in hazardous electronic waste... WILLIAMS: By around 2030, we're looking at potentially a billion e-waste comp

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

91. Arid regions in the southwestern United States have become increasingly inviting playgrounds for the growing number of recreation seekers who own vehicles such as motorcycles or powered trail bike

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

美司法部调查高频交易 The U. S. Justice Department is investigating the relationship between high frequency trading firms and major exchanges -- and regulators in Washington and the state of New York are taking aim at them as well. At issue

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年4月

导购口语: Every detail of workmanship and material has been carefully checked. 面料和手工的各个细节都非常考究。 This pair of sponge table tennis bats are very good. They are selling like hot cakes now. 这种海绵乒乓球拍很不

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 最In导购口语

Its nestled in the tropical landscape of north Queensland, the Tolga Bat Hospital. Here volunteers hand-raise up to 500 baby spectacled flying foxes each year. These young bats have lost their mothers to a disease caused by ticks. The bat hospital st

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2009年

Every night in the summer, more than 15million bats emerge from a hot, cavernous sinkhole just outside San Antonio. 夏天的每个晚上,超过1500万只蝙蝠都会从圣安东尼奥市区外一个热烘烘的大地洞里出来。 They spiral up

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

THE WRIGHT BROTHERS, ORVILLE AND WILBUR, GREW UP IN DAYTON, OHIO, NEAR WHERE NEIL ARMSTRONG WAS BORN. LIKE NEIL, THEY WERE INTERESTED IN ANYTHING THAT FLEW FROM THE TIME THEY WERE KIDS. THEY MADE PAPER TOYS THAT THEY CALLED BATS, WHICH COULD GLIDE ON

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was