The Association of South-East Asian Nations, or Asean, signed an agreement with the United States to strengthen economic ties and reduce trade barriers. Member countries hope to create a common economic unit similar to the European Union in order to

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 初级商务英语听力2006

Egypt's main opposition is calling for an investigation into alleged electoral fraud during a referendum for the new constitution. Preliminary results show the new constitution has been passed with more than 60 percent of the vote after a second roun

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2012年

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Every few years, two groups do a study of how many Americans wash their hands after using the toilet. These groups are the American Society for Microbiology and the American Cleaning Institute, formerly

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(九)月

美篮球队老板种族歧视言论激公愤 Basketball fans are criticizing racial remarks allegedly made by the owner of the National Basketball Association's Los Angeles Clippers, Donald Sterling. 美国的篮球迷、球队教练、现役和退役

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年4月

今天我们要学的词是 national anthem. National anthem 国歌。The NFL and NFL Players Association have agreed to halt enforcement of new rules regarding the national anthem. 美国全国橄榄球联盟和NFL球员协会达成协议,暂停实施

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

The traditional dragon dance leads the New Year parade This week, London will be full of celebrations to welcome the Year of the Rat. Every year, London's Chinatown holds a spectacular event to celebrate Chinese New Year, the largest event outside o

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

The Library of Congress is using technology to make its collections available to people across the United States and around the world. 美国国会图书馆正在利用科技让其馆藏可以为美国人民和全球人民所用。 The library is the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Lesson 14 Do 1.Do me a favor? 2.Don't overdo it. 3.Try some.They won't do any harm. 4.Let me do it. 5.When in Rome,do as the Romans do. 6.Good!Job well done. 7.I'd like my steak well-done. 8.I always do my hair by myself.

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语提高版

California Restaurants Launch Nation's First Transgender Jobs Program play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0004:12repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

The super severe thunderstorm is possible in association with surface in upper-level sitting trough the eastern state on Saturday. Planet mostly fading into that is likely to lead to flash flood through parts of New South Wales into Queensland and po

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2014年

今天我们要学的词是upgrade。 Upgrade, 升级。 The local elementary school received a library upgrade thanks to donations from the alumni association, 校友会的慷慨捐赠,让本地小学图书馆焕然一新。 美国副总统官邸准

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

阿美的室友刚刚退出学生会,阿美就鼓励她参加奥运志愿者协会。阿美的室友同意了吗?她是不是还有什么别的选择呢? Listen Read Learn May: Would you like to join the Olympic Volunteers' League? Roommate: Am I crazy?I just quitted the Students' Counsel. I do

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

Rejection gave birth to the Asian American Association (AAA). During first-year orientation week in 1976,two Asian American women decided to attend a Minority Freshman Banquet sponsored by the university, but were barred from entering and were turn

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 走进哈佛大学

HEALTH REPORT – Study Links Ozone Pollution to Increased Deaths By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Health Report. American researcher

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

国家体育总局State Sport General Administration 中华全国体育总会 All-China Sports Federation 中国奥林匹克委员会 Chinese Olympic Committee 中国田径协会 Chinese Athletics Ass

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

今天我们要学的词是 lockout. Lockout 停工。美国全国冰球联盟劳资双方恢复谈判。These are the first talks after the lockout began. 这是球员停工后双方第一次谈判。在此之前,全国冰球联盟宣布取消剩下

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Don and Yael discuss a problem with the medical system that needs to be corrected. D: Time once again for What You Didn't Know. This is where we read a well-known science fact and then surprise you with the follow-up. Ready? Y: Yep. D: Heart disease

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

今天我们要学的词是report card。 Report card成绩单。星期三是美国总统奥巴马任职100天。四月第二个星期进行的一项盖洛普民意调查显示,62%的受访者对奥巴马的工作表示肯定。President Obama has

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

The Year of the Tiger 虎年 The city of London is gearing up for a series of events to celebrate the Chinese New Year, and if last year's celebrations are anything to go by it should be quite a party. The main hub for the festivitieswill be Trafalga

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

A big increase in the number of Chinese tourists driving on New Zealand roads has prompted authorities to launch a series of high-profile road safety campaigns to warn about the dangers of driving in foreign countries. As CCTV New Zealand corresponde

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年