The town of Buea lies at the foot of Mt Cameroon, the highest volcano in West and Central Africa. In the streets, a number of albinos go about their daily activities. But when the volcano threatens to erupt, they all go underground to avoid being sac

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

AS IT IS 2014-12-02 Women's Football Team a Sign of Change in Afghanistan 阿富汗女子足球队所象征的改变 For many years in Afghanistan, women were not permitted to play outdoor games. They were banned from playing under the former Taliban

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

The multi-billion auto industry in China may be next on the government's list of targets to address price fixing. Reuters is reporting the China Automobile Dealers Association, the representative of car dealers nationwide, has been collecting data fo

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

AA: I'm Avi Arditti, and this week on WORDMASTER: an update on an Iranian listener. Rosanne Skirble and I spoke to her by phone early in 2005. RS: Well, what do you like about studying English? What is it, is it a ... ATEFEH: Oh, no, actually I love

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

AA: I'm Avi Arditti and this week on Wordmaster: another in our recent conversations with English teachers from around the world. These are teachers I met in Seattle at the annual convention of the TESOL association. TESOL stands for Teachers of Engl

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

I think the simple way is usually the best 我认为最简单的方法常常是最好的方法。 I think the simple way is usually the best. 我认为最简单的方法常常是最好的方法。 Yes. its a little complicated. 是啊,这个有点太

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 玩转商务英语900句

Last week, the Minister of Education, Hekia Parata, announced some very big changes to schools in Christchurch. Everyone knew some schools would have to close because families have moved since the earthquake. Also some school buildings are damaged an

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

EDUCATION REPORT – May 30, 2002: Single -Sex Schools By Jerilyn Watson 29 May 2002, 21:15 UTC This is the VOA Special English Education Report. There are many private schools in the United States th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

SCIENCE REPORT – March 6, 2002: Bird Brains By George Grow This is the VOA Special English Science Report. American scientists have found that some birds are more intelligent than experts had believ

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Owners of small restaurants in Paris known as bistros or cafes want the United Nations to recognize their importance to the French capital. They also are concerned that what they bring to the culture of Paris could disappear. The restaurant owners ha

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

中文 英文 缩写 单(点)播 unicast 单板 board/card 单边测试 one-sided test 单边带 Single Side Band SSB 单边带调制 single sideband modulation 单边带自适应差分 single ban

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 电信英语

BEIJING, Jan. 6 (Xinhua) -- Beijing has seen an increase in the number of residential apartments sold in the city and witnessed a drop in prices for newly built homes in 2012, the Beijing Real Estate Association said on Sunday. The capital sold about

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Membership I: What membership do you hold(have,possess)? C: I hold the membership of China Sociaty of World Economy. / I have the membership of Enterprise Management Association of Cbina. / I possess the membership of China Quality Control Society. /

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 面试英语

By Jeri Watson Broadcast: July 3, 2003 This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Education Report. Foreign students are valuable to the United States. Many take part in important research. Most

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-教育与新闻

1.At a congressional hearing on gun control, former congress woman Gabreille Gifts said the time is now, you must act, the hearing also include a testimony for the National Rifle Association's win up year, who rejected a proposal to ban some sale of

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2013(二月)

Technology Report - India on Way to Topping US in Internet Users This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. India could pass the United States in the number of Internet users in less than two years. A new report says India reached one hundred

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

assignee 承让人 assignment 转让;转让书;转让契 assignment of interest 权益转让 assignment of letters patent and trade mark 专利证书及商标转让 assignment of property 物业转让

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 财会英语

When Winnie and Arnold bought their house at the end of a cul-de-sac in 1980, they thought they had died and gone to heaven. There were only four houses on the street. Between their house and their neighbors house was a dirt pathway. The path led to

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

BEIJING, Dec. 9 (Xinhua) -- Beijing has seen a declining trend in newly built ordinary apartments in the past 11 months of this year, said a report released by the Beijing Real Estate Association on Friday. That average price of 13,914 yuan (about 2,

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Voice 1 Hello and welcome to Spotlight. Im Nick Page, Voice 2 And Im Mike Procter. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Welcome to our sec

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight