Experts predict a global epidemic of Alzheimer's disease as the world's population ages. Their focus is now on a fat hormone that may indicate who is more likely to get Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia. By 2050, the number of people with Alzhei

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

I am so hungry, I could eat a horse. I am starving to death. I am famished. Even when I have a cold but I still have a good appetite. My stomach rouses me when I am hungry. I am not full yet. That was a big dinner, I am darked.

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 新洋话1000句(1)

Lesson 77 mummy 木乃伊 The mummy of an Egyptian woman who died in 800 B.C. 死于公元前800年的一位埃及妇女 has just had just had an operation. 的木乃伊刚刚接受了一次手术。 Many mummies have been found in the Silk Road. 在丝

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(469) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语词汇随身听手册2

P> Lesson 78 The last one? 最后一枝吗? First listen and then answer the question. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 For how long did the writer give up smoking? After reading an article e

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(213) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第二册

Lesson 1 Too Clever Text A A farmer who lived in a small village suffered from a severe pain in the chest. This never seemed to get any better. The farmer eventually decided that he would consult a doctor in the nearest town. But as he was a miserly

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 日常英语口语

Mercy on us! whispered Baucis to her husband. If the young man has such a terrible appetite, I am afraid there will not be half enough supper! 请饶恕我们吧!柏西斯跟她的丈夫低语道。如果那个年轻人有这么大的胃口,恐怕他

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材5

Eating is the best thing ever. I love eating. Any time of the day or night I can eat. and eat and eat and eat. I have a very big appetite. I always have. My mother used to complain about how much I ate. She used to ask me if I had a hole in my stomac

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

Eating is the best thing ever. I love eating. Any time of the day or night I can eat. and eat and eat and eat. I have a very big appetite. I always have. My mother used to complain about how much I ate. She used to ask me if I had a hole in my stomac

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-E

YOUTH Samuel Ullman Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind; it is not a matter of rosy cheeks, red lips and supple knees; it is a matter of the will, a quality of the imagination, a vigor of the emotions; it is the freshness of the deep s

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Well, here I am on my exercise bike, anticipating the excesses of the holidays. All those cookies and candies and maybe a glass or two of eggnog. At the

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

Are you feeling all right? 您是感觉好吗? Are you feeling nausea? 您是感觉恶心吗? Are your bowels acting properly? 您的肠能适当地行动吗? Are your bowels regular? 您的肠的运动是规则吗? Did you have pains

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 医学英语

A wild boar was whetting his tusks against a tree,when a fox passing by asked why he did so.For,said he,I see no reason for it;there is neither a hunter nor a hound in sight,nor any other danger that I can see at hand.True,replied the

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

unit 240 西餐点菜(8) dialogue 英语情景对话 A:How is your appetite today? A:今天的胃口怎么样? B:I'm rather hungry now. /I'm extremely hungry. /I'm starving. B:我饿极了。 A:What would you like to have? A:您想吃点什么?

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(207) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

I never heard one say anything, he replied. 我从来没听说过动物会说话,多里安医生说, But that proves nothing. 不过这不证明什么。 It is quite possible that an animal has spoken civilly to me 很可能有只动物曾经私底

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Dejavu, that's what I am feeling tonight with you 'Cause I promised myself that I wouldn't lose my cool But I am sucker for a pretty girl, yeah, yeah You got me doing things, I've never done before I tell myself that I, I need to let you go 'Cause yo

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

Language Points 1)We're all set. 万事俱备 2)You're losing me. 你把我弄糊涂了 3)Sorry, I was somewhere else. 不好意思,我刚刚走神了 4)Am I not good enough for you? 我对你不够好吗? 5)You're such a doll ! 你太可

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 爆笑英语口语

Appetite One of the major pleasures in life is appetite, and one of our major duties should be to preserve it. Appetite is the keenness of living: it is one of the senses that tells you that you are still curious to exist, that you still have an edge

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

The color of food A: Chinese food stresses color, smell and taste. Is this correct? B: correct. This is why people also refer to food as mei shi, meaning beautiful food. The primary element is color because only a good color combination can arouse pe

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 英语畅谈中国文化

25 Table Manners A: A westerner said to his Chinese friend. Chinese people slurp when drinking soup. Its disgusting . the Chinese friend replied , westerners make a lot of noise licking their fingers when eating. Its even worse. B: everyone has his o

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语畅谈中国文化

Mystomachisveryupset. 我的胃不舒服。 例句: A:Hello,doctor.Idon'tfeelverywell.IhavebeensickfortwodaysandIhavenoappetite. 您好,医生。我感觉不太好。我不舒服已经有两天了,我也没胃口。 B:Pleasedescribeyoursymptoms

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语