In one study designed to measure the effects of adversity on children at risk, 在一项设计用来衡量逆境对困苦的孩子会产生怎样影响的研究表明, among a subset of 698 children who experienced the most severe and extreme condi

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

The 4th of July is America's birthday bash . This summer ritual of picnics, parades and pageantry celebrates the formal adoption of the Declaration of Independence in 1776, the most cherished document in our history. It declared an end to England's c

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

Romans 罗马书_Ro_09 1I speak the truth in Christ--I am not lying, my conscience confirms it in the Holy Spirit-- 2I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. 3For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 罗马书

It's been nearly 2 years since Madonna first made headlines for trying to adopt a small child from the African nation of Malawi. And she's since become a voice for the more than 1 million children or orphans in that country and now shes behind the f

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2008

Over 1800 developers contributed Drupal modules (third-party extensions that can be added to the core) for Drupal 5. Drupal has grown a lot bigger than me. 超过1800个开发者为 Drupal5写模块(可以被加进核心的第 三方扩展名),

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 创业成功人士访谈录

A gap of at least $40bn in financing commitments is hampering efforts to combat climate change, signatories to the Paris agreement have warned, as they try to keep the agreement going in the face of doubts over US support under President Donald Trump

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The world's very first Child Protection Agency was created in 1894 in the United States. What inspired it? 世界儿童保护组织 1894 年在美国成立,是什么促使此建立的呢? Private Fostering Yvonne: Hi, I'm Yvonne Archer, this is '6 Minute English' and Cal

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(622) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

AS IT IS 2015-04-27 Cat Cafes Offer Cats and Coffee 猫主题咖啡馆提供猫和咖啡 Would you like a cat with that latte? Most people go to a caf to get their daily cup of coffee. At Cat Town Caf in Oakland, California, they can also observe and

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(四)月

We want to accelerate adoption of sustainable building and development practices. 我们想要提高高承受性建筑及其应用的采纳度。 We want more innovation. 我们想拥抱更多革新。 But a lot of times, whole categories of innovati

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Forty-eight-year-old Yuan Lihai is the owner of an unregistered orphanage that caught fire last Friday. She had been taking abandoned children into her home for 26 years. Most of the children suffered from congenital diseases, ranging from cleft lips

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

历年考研英语的高频单词( 3 ~ 13 次) 历年考研英语的高频单词( 2 次) AD/A.D. n.公元 ad=advertisement n.广告 adapt v.(to)(使)适应,适合;改编,改写 adaptation n.改

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

Welcome back everyone. Imagining growing up and never knowing that you had a sister and then one day, finding out you have more than just a sister, you have an identical twin out there. This very thing happened to our next guests. And they wrote a b

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

Premier Wen, Chancellor Merkel visit entrepreneurs Premier Wen Jiabao is calling for China and Germany to facilitate market access and investment and create a level playing field for businesses. Wen Jiabao made the comments during a joint meeting wit

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Hourly News 每小时新闻

今天我们要学的词是overseas。 Overseas, 海外的。 Overseas adoption is a long process, 从海外领养孩子要经历一个漫长的过程。 The company is redirecting its investment to overseas markets, where it has more room to grow, 这

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

( 00:02:56) I am honored to be with you today at your commencement from one of the finest universities in the world. I never graduated from college. Truth be told, this is the closest Ive ever gotten to a college graduation. Today I want to tell you

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

Netflix announced Tuesday it will begin offering unlimited paid time off to employees during their first year as new parents, one of the most generous parental leave packages offered in the competitive tech industry. Netflix公司4日宣布,在员工

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

A United States presidential commission investigating last year's catastrophic oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico has recommended a series of wide-ranging reforms. In its final report, the commission calls for the creation of an independent safety agenc

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

近日支付宝上线了2018年度账单,很多人看完后都不禁感慨原来自己这么有钱?今天Jenny和Adam就要聊一聊这个不忍直视的账单。 账单 生活里有各种各样的账单:电费、水费、通讯费英语中都可

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

Last month at the United Nations General Assembly, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau promised to do more to help his country's 1.4 million indigenous people. He said there needed to be an effort to, quote, correct past injustices and bring about

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列