Good morning and thanks for coming. Today Id like to tell you about the worlds largest document management company. With a turnover of nearly sixteen billion dollars the Xerox Corporation develops and markets innovative technologies with products and

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 新编剑桥商务英语中级第三版听力

Good morning and thanks for coming. Today Id like to tell you about the worlds largest document management company. With a turnover of nearly sixteen billion dollars the Xerox Corporation develops and markets innovative technologies with products and

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 新编剑桥商务英语中级第三版听力

2.2 Presentations Extract 1 Good morning and thanks for coming. Today Id like to tell you about the worlds largest document management company. With a turnover of nearly sixteen billion dollars the Xerox Corporation develops and markets innovative te

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 新编剑桥商务英语中级第三版听力

unit01 The Weight of Paper纸的分量 The arrival of computer everywhere in the workplace would, some technological forecasters predicted, soon make paper a thing of the past. And guess what? Bill Gates vision of a computer on every desk has been mo

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 午后咖啡

2901 Lesson Twenty-nine Library 图书馆 public library 公共图书馆 university library 大学图书馆 school library 学校图书馆 private donation 私人捐赠 Education is the soul of the nation. librarian 图书管理员 2902 Lesson Twenty-nine Library 图书馆 Many p

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方英语900句

Steve Jobs was racing to ensure the Macintosh 乔布斯想要先声夺人 was the first personal computer to have icons on the screen. 确保Macintosh是第一台屏幕上有图标的个人电脑 But just before it was due to be unveiled, 而就在Ma

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

We have taken another...one of those brilliant original ideas from Xerox PARC that I saw in 1979, 我们借鉴了施乐PARC的另一项研究成果,也是1979年看到的 but didn't see really clearly then, called object oriented technology, 当时只

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

So how and why did Apple get into desktop publishing, which will become Mac's killer-app? 苹果为什么研发桌面排版?它是Mac最受欢迎的应用。 I don't know if you know this, but we got the first Canon laser printer engine shipped to

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

When you have a monopolies market share, the company is not any more successful. 这些已经垄断市场的公司很难靠新产品提高业绩 So the people who can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people. 要想提高业绩还

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

Central to the development of the personal computers was the pioneering work being done at Xerox Palo Alto Research Center, which Steve first visited in 1979. 1979年乔布斯第一次拜访施乐Palo Alto研究中心, 在PC成形之初,Palo Alto研究

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

you got to build it for less than 15 bucks, 你得把它的成本限于15美元 it's got to last two years, 它需要能使用两年 I want it to work on the desktop, 我希望它能在桌子上使用 a normal formica desktop, 一个普通的福米加塑

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

Steve was very much taken with zen, zen buddhism. 史蒂夫从禅宗与佛教中受益匪浅 Zen represents the relationship between things, Things of the world. 禅宗描绘了世界万物之间的联系, In zen, it's expressed in the art. 在禅宗里

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

Steve had this amazing insight 乔布斯有灵感开发 into building a new technology 一项新的技术 called the Macintosh 叫做Macintosh and what he saw at Xerox Parc 他是在帕罗奥图的施乐研究中心 which was the mouse and the icons

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

Manager : Rudy, will you please make ten copies of this report? Rudy : I'd like to, but the photocopier is out of order. Manager : Then use the xerox machine. Rudy : It broke down one year ago. Manage

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

今天要讲的习惯用语共有这样一个关键词 : boat。 Boat这个词大家早就知道是船。 它是个极其普通的词,它被普遍应用而组合成不少习惯用语。 今天要学的第一个习惯用语是:miss the boat。 M

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

A: Do you need any help? B: I need some help catching up. Are you good at typing or could you help me xerox? A: I like xeroxing. B: Thank you! There are papers on the table to start with. A: That would be OK. B: I really appreciate the help. How many

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

Kate,will you please make ten copies of this report? I'd like to. But the photocopier is out of order. Then use the xerox machine. It broke down one year ago. Oh,forget it then. Hi,I told you to put the files on the entry,not on my desk. The piler is

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

The Brightest Heaven of Invention 最璀璨的创新天堂 The saga of Steve Jobs is the Silicon Valley creation myth writ large: launching a startup in his parents,garage and building it into the world's most valuable company. He didn't invent man

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

The president has expanded an advisory committee on stimulating business abroad, and says his administration's efforts to boost the exports of U.S. goods and business around the world are off to a solid start. American exports grew almost 17 percent

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

Luis Prado has created what he hopes will become the international symbol for global warming. He's one of many designers contributing icons to an online bank of icons called the Noun Project.The creators of the Noun Project think it could one day con

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版