Voice 1 Hello. Welcome to Spotlight. Im Rachel Hobson. Voice 2 And Im Marina Santee. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 3 I was born a sla

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

With a growing U.S. economy and a surging stock market at his back, President Donald Trump told leaders at the World Economic Forum that America is open for business, and we are competitive once again. He noted that recently passed U.S. tax cuts and

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(一月)

LONDON World leaders have been digesting U.S. President Donald Trump's first speech to Congress Tuesday night, which touched on the United States' commitment to NATO and his plan to forge a new global trade system. 唐纳德.特朗普的演讲可能是

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(三月)

Weak consumer spending figures in the US are dampening hopes the countrys economic recovery will be quick. Household spending fell for the first time in five months in September, down 47 billion dollars or 0.5%. Government spending was behind the thi

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2009年

Strategic talks between China and India have resumed after nearly 3-years. Indian Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh has met with visiting Chinese Vice Foreign Minister Liu Zhenmin for talks in New Delhi. The two sides have discussed key bilateral, regi

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

World Fair Trade Day is celebrated every year on the second Saturday in May. It is organized by the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO), which operates in 80 countries around the globe. The WFTO boasts a membership of 350 different fair trade organi

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster, our guest is Professor Rob Jackson, director of the Global Change Center at Duke University. He's with us to explain some of the language of ecology and climate change. RS: And we

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. This week I'm visiting Singapore, Indonesia, and Vietnam, where I'm attending the annual summit of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum. On this trip, I am carrying a message for the people of this region. America

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统电台演说

As for me, let me tell you, I hate to study! 跟您说句心里话,我讨厌读书。 It's much more fun, I think, to chase after butterflies, climb trees, and steal birds' nests. 我更爱追蝴蝶,爬树掏鸟窝。 Poor little silly! 可怜的小

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 木偶奇遇记

67 专家就防御恐怖袭击摩天大厦展开研究 SCIENCE REPORT- September 27, 2001: Planning for Safer BuildingsBy Nancy Steinbach (start at 1'00

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 政治经济

ECONOMICS REPORT - Deficits and the Dollar By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Friday, November 19, 2004 This is Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Economics Report. Last week the Commerce Department repo

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

This years observance of World Environment Day shines a much-needed spotlight on the illegal trade in wildlife. There is grave cause for alarm. Elephants are being slaughtered for their ivory, rhinos for their horns, and pangolins for their scales. F

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

AS IT IS 2016-09-10 Remembering Sept. 11, 2001 纪念911 This is Whats Trending Today. Sunday is September 11. It is the 15th anniversary of the day thousands of people were killed in a terrorist attack in the United States. Early that morning, two a

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Obama, Xi Meet in California As the presidents began their first session, Obama assured Xi that the United States welcomes the peaceful rise of China as a world power. It is in the United States' interests that China continues on the path of success,

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

BEIJING, March 15 (Xinhua) -- China's restrictions on rare earth exports are justified and are in line with World Trade Organization rules, Shen Danyang, spokesman for the Ministry of Commerce, said Thursday. The policy aims to protect resources and

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for todays Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Rebekah Schipper. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 4 The p

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

UN = the united nations 联合国 UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) 联合国教科文组织 WHO (World Health Organization) 世界卫生组织 WTO (World Trade Organization) 世界贸易组织 NATO (North Atla

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

Voice 1 Hello, Im Marina Santee. Voice 2 And Im Rachel Hobson. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 London. The year

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Chinese Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng says that a qualitative, rather than a quantitative goal, is more realistic for China's economy against a gloomy international economic background. Gao made the remarks in response to media concerns over why no s

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

Its day two at one of the worlds largest technology trade fairs in Germany. Drones are a big theme for CEBIT 2016. Not a new product but industry bosses believe they're on the cusp of a major boom for the sector. The Aibot X-6 may look like fun to pl

发表于:2019-03-12 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年