[00:00.09]Entering the New Room of Your Life [00:07.72]It must be one of the most frequently asked questions [00:12.77]in the English language [00:14.32]What do you want to be when you grow up? [00:16.45]And for most of us the answer is simple [00:18

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业晨读美文

by Jason Marshall Lets kick things off with a bit of a strange question: If you were asked to walk up two stairs and then immediately back down three, how would you describe the total number of stairs youd climbed relative to where you began? Do any

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 数学英语

Nyau is a secret society whose membership is usually open only to the Chewas in central Malawi. The tribe is mainly known for Gule wankulu, or Nyau -- literally its big dance, performed by masked men called spirits. It's restricted to the men of the

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

World Intellectual Property Day takes place on April 26 every year. It was on this day in 1970 that the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) came into being. It organizes many of the awareness campaigns that happen on World Intellectual Pr

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

National Sandwich Day is on November the 3rd every year. It is, of course, a celebration of one of the worlds first convenience foods. The sandwich is also one of the worlds most commonly eaten foods. November the 3rd is the birthday of the inventor

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Roberto Clemente: The first Latino Player Honored in the Baseball Hall of Fame VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: Roberto Clemente And I'm Faith Lapidus with People in America in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about Roberto Clemente. He was

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Truman Capote developed a new kind of writing with his nonfiction novel, In Cold Blood Written by Dana Demange VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Bob Doughty with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Truman Capo

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Pronouns and Their Antecedents Today were going to talk about pronouns that don't clearly match up with the nouns they are supposed to replace. Readers become unhappy when they have to guess what noun a writer is talking about, or readers may even ch

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

by Jason Marshall Todays article will walk you through the first steps of kicking your calculator dependency. This isnt something we can accomplish in a single article, so well be revisiting this topic periodically. Today, were kicking things off by

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 数学英语

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS -March 12, 2002: Babies and Intelligence By George Grow VOICE ONE: This is Sarah Long. VOICE TWO: And this is Bob Doughty with SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, a VOA Special English program ab

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Key Sentences(重点句子) 412.Would you like to join us at the party? 你愿意来参加我们的舞会吗? 413.We are having a weekend dance party. 我们正举办一个周末舞会。 414. I hope you will enjoy yourself. 希望你玩得

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Palestinians from Syria Twice Displaced Many of the Palestinian families who have come to Lebanon are staying in the Shatilla refugee camp. Forty-year old Rajaa Hashem, is one of them. She says she feared for the safety of her five children in Damasc

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

The new film from writer-director Tom McCarthy explores themes he featured in his acclaimed earlier films The Station Agent and The Visitor: issues of family connections and choices ordinary people make in everyday life. Here's a look at the bittersw

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

A: What do people usually do to improve the interior of their houses before they sell them? B: Your house looks very nice on the inside, but a fresh coat of paint always helps brighten a homes interior. A: I get confused when trying to pick out color

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

A: What are your suggestions for some inexpensive fixes to help me get the best price for my home? B: Painting the interior of your home is not that expensive and greatly improves the appearance of your home. A: Should I go for trendy colors or more

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

A: So what do you think I should do to fix up the interior of my house? B: A fresh coat of paint is the number one improvement that you can make to your home. A: What colors do you think would be best? B: You need to go with fairly neutral tones. You

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

By Elizabeth Carlassare. Todays topic is compound interest. Albert Einstein is often quoted as having said something to the effect that compound interest is the greatest wonder of the universe. Its an urban legend, but it packs some punch! In todays

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 货币英语

Swiftkey is the fastest and smartest way to type on your phone or tablet. It's simple and easy to use, but it's powered by cutting-edge artificial intelligence. Typing on touch screens can be slow and frustrating. But Swiftkey changes all that. Swift

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

HONG KONG, July 24 (Xinhua) -- As winds from Typhoon Vicente battered Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Observatory raised Tropical Cyclone warning to the highest level of Hurricane Signal No. 10 at 00:45 local time on Tuesday (16:45 GMT on Monday). Hurricane

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻