Barriers of trees and other plants seem to work best when they let a little wind pass through. Transcript of radio broadcast: 28 July 2008 This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. A windbreak Farmers use different kinds of soil conservati

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(七)月

People in America - Katharine Hepburn, 1907-2003: An Independent and Intelligent Actress STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And Im Barbara Klein with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Katharine Hepburn, one of Ame

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Ethiopia Looks to a Future Without Meles Zenawi Life is returning to normal in Ethiopia's capital after more than two weeks of mourning for longtime ruler, Meles Zenawi. Abi Hailemichael works in a barbershop in the Bole neighborhood of Addis Ababa.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(九月)

The website WikiLeaks continues to publish confidential documents, many of them apparently obtained from a U.S. Army intelligence officer. Two months after the website WikiLeaks began releasing diplomatic documents,- many of them classified secret, e

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(一月)

富士山开通免费Wi-fi Japan's snow-covered Mount Fuji is one of the most famous mountains in the world. Nearly 300,000 people climb to the top of the 3,776-meter mountain every year. Now they can tweet about their experience or post pictures on

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语生活新闻

by Jason Marshall In the previous article we talked about using the number line to help you keep your signs straight when adding positive and negative integers. In this article were taking things one step furthernot just adding positive and negative

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 数学英语

Alisha Ryu In Iraq, the nomination of a former exile with close ties to the United States to become the country's interim prime minister on June 30, has met with with mixed reactions from Iraqis. Most

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--国际时事

By Ade Astuti Washington, DC 05 June 2006 watch US Soccer report US soccer is growing in popularity The FIFA World Cup, which will be held in Germany from June 9th to July 9th, has soccer fans around

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(六月)

BBC Learning English Weekender Billie Pipers Growing Pains Amber:Hello, I'm Amber, and youre listening to bbclearningenglish.com. Today, we listen to an interview with a famous pop star, actor and author and shes only 24 years old! Billie Piper firs

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 Weekender

Health Report - Wising Up About Wisdom Teeth This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Wisdom teeth are normally the last teeth to appear. This usually happens when people are in their late teen years or early twenties -- in other words, when th

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Alawites Fear Future as Syrian Conflict Intensifies Inside a Cem house, an Alawite place of worship, in the Turkish city of Gaziantep close to Syria. The rituals, music and dance are alien to most other Muslim worshippers - as is the huge canvas pict

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(七月)

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Colin Lowther. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand - no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 The tattoos covered Bryon Widner

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

EDUCATION REPORT - SEED School Aims to Help Students Grow With Skills for Life By Dana Demange Broadcast: Thursday, December 29, 2005 I'm Faith Lapidus with the VOA Special English Education Report. T

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

Todd: So, Mark, when people think of Americans they often think of the hot dog and when they think of Japan they think of sushi. What are the foods that people associate with New Zealand? Mark: According to a lot of the Japanese students that I know

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: So, Mark, what do Kiwis like to do in the summer? Mark: Yeah, I think the first thing for some people to realise is that Christmas is midsummer in New Zealand. Todd: Oh nice! Mark: So kiwis combine Christmas holiday and New Year holiday with a

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: So, Anja, you are from Switzerland? Anja: Yes, exactly. Todd: So, I thought we would talk a little about your country. Anja: OK. Todd: First of all, what do you like most about being Swiss? Anja: Actually, what I like the most about Switzerland

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

D.C. Central Kitchen founder Robert Egger says, he does not do charity work -- he empowers people. His organization provides 1.5 million free meals a year, offers job training and partners with local restaurants. But VOA's Daniela Schrier has more wi

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

Todd: So, Monica, you are from New Zealand. Monica: Yes, that's right. Todd: So, for people going to New Zealand, what would you recommend? What are three or four places that you must see in New Zealand? Monica: Oh, OK, three or four places you must

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

The top US defense intelligence officer says it is not clear how successful Pakistan's military operations have been in reducing the Taliban threat to US and NATO troops. The chief of the Defense Intelligence Agency tells VOA the Pakistani army shoul

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Kerry: I need to take out a small business loan and Im trying to figure out what the interest rate would be. Do you understand this stuff? Oscar: If its the same as a mortgage loan, then I think I understand it in general terms. The interest rate wou

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(239) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客