Stories from Egypt and Peru start things off today. Our first report is from North Africa. Scientists examining the Great Pyramid of Giza think they might have discovered two hidden rooms in the structure. The Great Pyramid is the largest of Giza's t

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年10月

It was true. Benny was not there. Oh, what has happened to Benny? said Jessie, beginning to cry. Now, dont lets get upset, said Joes strong voice. I think I know what has happened. Benny has gone off by himself to find the hermit. He hasnt been gone

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 3 黄色小屋的秘密 The Yellow House Mys

By the time the Alden children tucked themselves into bed in the greenhouse, a steady breeze was blowing in from Shady Lake. The children gazed up through the glass ceiling and walls. Branches on Charlottes willow tree gently swayed back and forth, b

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 91 The Mystery at Skeleton Poi

have probably learned from my podcasts, that the region where I live is agricultural. It is rural, the communities are small, and its post native american indian roots lie in the apple tree. I realised the other day how I take the apple tree for gran

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Let's go fishing, said the father. That's a good idea, said the mother. They put the kids into the car. They put the fishing rods into the car. They put the jar of worms into the car. They drove to the lake. The lake was huge. The name of the lake wa

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

Its taken ten years of experiments. But researches at the University of Rhode Island have finally perfected a fish with 6-pack abs, and muscular shoulders. Professor Terry Bradley said his fish have 15% to 20% more muscle mass than normal trout. Bulk

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2010年

By Victoria Cavaliere Washington 13 June 2007 A deadly, fast-spreading virus is affecting freshwater fish in several lakes in New York state. In the past, the fish virus had a catastrophic impact on fish populations in Europe, Japan, and the U.S. Pac

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)

Beside a rushing Rocky Mountain trout stream lie two American rarities: a castle and a company town in which a single company once owned every building even people's homes. The castle belonged to the man who owned the company. Built from red sandsto

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(六月)

DAVID GREENE, HOST: We are closely tracking a record-breaking Hurricane Irma, the most powerful Atlantic Ocean storm ever recorded. And we're still learning about the impact from Harvey in Texas and Louisiana. The health care system has certainly bee

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

One of the first places Julia always ran to when they arrived at their vacation house in Galway was the tunnel. It was a dark, moist tunnel made of smooth branches. She always enjoyed running through the darkness of the tunnel towards the light at th

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Half of all fish people eat worldwide now come from fish farms. So farms need to do more to keep up with demand. 现在全世界一半供人类食用的鱼来自养鱼场。因此,养鱼场需要采取更多办法以满足需求。 If we look to th

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年Scientific American(八)月

This female grew up on the lake, so she knows where to take the cubs for a very special trip. Yellowstone cutthroat trout are massing in the mouth of the stream that feeds the lake. They are preparing for their annual spawning. But the trout must wai

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

She chews its tail first, to make sure the fish can't get away. While the pups are still demanding milk, the mother otter will often keep the whole fish for herself. Her pups are happy enough with caviar. As the flow becomes slow enough for the trout

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

Whats that smell, Nadine wondered. She had bought a big piece of pork from the market four hours ago. As always, she smelled the pork after the butcher handed it to her. It had smelled fine. But now, it didn't. She cut into the other side of the pork

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

During the weekend, I took my two youngest children to the park. My youngest son had insisted for the best part of half a day, that we go fishing. It's not exactly the right season for catching a fish, but for 'messing about on the water' it is just

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English