Taking Legal Action 诉诸于法 Dialogue A Ron and Trish are at the night market. Trish:Do you see that? Ron :That looks just like the T-shirt that I designed. Let's take a closer look. (Ron and Trish talk to the vendor.) Ron :Excuse me, sir.

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

Topic1 Drivers Banned amid Road Safety CampaignRecently, some Chinese provinces and cities have published their blacklists of drivers who have been punished for violating traffic regulations, including those banned from road for life. Why did they re

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

I remember when I was a young boy, life was tough. My parents made me do many things for them. For example, they had me do the laundry, the dishes and the house cleaning. They even got me to work part

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(346) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

AZUZ: Hunger is a problem that exists in every country of the world. And yet, it`s estimated that one third of all of the food produced for people to eat is lost or wasted, thirty-three percent. 世界上每一个国家都面临饥饿问题。并且据

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年7月

Barry召集公司同事开会,有个坏消息要宣布。 Barry: Well, folks...I'm afraid I have some bad news. Our lawyers told me this morning that we are being sued. Chris: Sued? Who's suing us? Susan: And on what grounds? B: An Australian man n

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

The Lord of the Rings author was JRR Tolkien. He was a Professor of English Language and Literature at Oxford University in England. He died in 1973, aged 81. He signed the movie rights to a company in Hollywood in 1969. This included rights to sell

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Ted Nugent was in love. Unfortunately, he wasnt in love with his wife. He was in love with his girlfriend. He had met Lauren at a car show. She was one of the pretty models who gave sales pitches extolling the wonders of the new cars. To impress her,

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

French fries are indeed a guilty pleasure. One medium serving has 350 calories and 16 grams of fat, but there may be a more sinister ingredient lurking in your fries a carcinogen, and now California's Attorney General is suing several fast-food compa

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

By George Dwyer Washington, DC 09 May 2006 watch Apple Ruling report A judge in London has ruled that U.S.-based Apple Computer was within its rights to use its familiar apple logo on its iTunes on-li

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

AS IT IS 2015-05-20 Michael Jordan Fights for His Name in Chinas Highest Court 迈克尔乔丹在中国最高法院争姓名权 Basketball star Michael Jordans lawyers said last Friday they will take a case to China's supreme court. The case deals wi

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Barry召集公司同事开会,有个坏消息要宣布。 Barry: Well, folks...I'm afraid I have some bad news. Our lawyers told me this morning that we are being sued. Chris: Sued? Who's suing us? Susan: And on what grounds? B: An Australian man n

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: A jury has ruled in favor of pop superstar Taylor Swift in a high-profile case in Denver. A radio DJ sued Taylor Swift, her mother and her manager for falsely accusing him of assault and getting him fired from his job. Swift coun

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

By Peta Thornycroft Africa 17 July 2007 Zimbabwe's state-controlled media are carrying explicit photographs of a man they claim is Catholic Archbishop Pius Ncube, allegedly taken with a naked woman inside his bedroom. Peta Thornycroft reports for VOA

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

Ohio's Jackson City school district is fighting a lawsuit demanding the removal of a portrait of Jesus that has hung in a middle school hallway for 66 years. The American Civil Liberties Union and its partners contend the portrait is government endor

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下