1. Senate Republicans are vowing to thwart President Barack Obamas executive action on immigration which he will announce tonight in a primetime address. Minority leader, Mitch McConnell says once Republicans are seated as the majority in both Houses

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(十一)月

Rising prices could cause cheap imports from China to become more expensive and this comes as Chinas commerce ministry admits that a slowdown in the US could spark a drop in Chinese exports and mark a turning point for Chinas economic growth. Shoppe

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2007年

美国债务危机或影响全球经济 With an economy about one fourth the size of the world's GDP (gross domestic product), anythreat to the U.S. economy is a potential threat to other countries that do business with it.Jason Peuquet, a policy ana

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(七月)

IFRC: Fear Hampering Ebola Fight 恐惧是遏制埃博拉的最大障碍 The West Africa Ebola outbreak began just over a year ago in Guinea, but health officials still cannot say when it will be contained. The International Federation of the Red Cro

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(一月)

ADRIAN BARTOS, HOST: Hey, everybody. Just to let you know, this podcast may contain some adult or possibly offensive language. ROBERT GARCIA, HOST: No nudity, though. BARTOS: (Laughter) Unless you're thinking about naked people. GARCIA: (Laughter). B

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Halle Berry is an award-winning actress, fashion model, beauty queen, and businesswoman. She won a Best Actress Oscar for Monster's Ball and a Golden Raspberry Worst Actress award for her role in Catwoman. Berry is one of Hollywoods highest-paid star

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is whether the phrase have got is good English or not. And now, guest-writer Bonnie Trenga answers an e-mail from a listener, Lee, who says, A pet peeve of mine is the frequent use of the have got phrase, such as I hav

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

By Sarah Simpson Lagos 10 August 2007 Gunmen seized a foreign national in Nigeria's oil city of Port Harcourt early Friday. The man, a British national, is the latest victim of kidnapping for ransom in the troubled Niger Delta where gangland violence

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(八月)

The Chinese offshore oil corporation known as CNOOC has abandoned its bid for UNOCAL. This would have been the largest-ever purchase of an American company by a Chinese firm. CNOOC had put forth a bid that was higher than the competing bid from US o

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(158) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

By Kate Thomas Dakar 21 September 2009 Three weeks after Burkina Faso was hit by devastating floods, people in the worst-affected areas are struggling to get back to normal. Eight people died when heavy rains swept through Burkina Faso in early Sept

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(九月)

Rangers Watch Over America's Protected Sites 国家公园管理员照管美国的历史遗迹 It was called The Yellowstone Act, a law passed by Congress in 1872 that created Americas first national park. 在1872年国会通过的被称为黄石法的这

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)

DAVID GREENE, HOST: All right. So the story of Cliven Bundy and his family has been closely followed by ranchers across the West. Let's remember here Bundy is the rancher who led armed standoffs against government officials. Those officials were tryi

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

U.S. unemployment dipped below 9 percent last month, as private employers added the most jobs since April. The U.S. Labor Department released its monthly employment report Friday, showing the U.S. economy picked up a net total of 192,000 jobs in Febr

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2011年3月

By Barbara Schoetzau New York 13 November 2007 A new study shows significant increases in foreign language study in the United States since 2002. From VOA's News York bureau, correspondent Barbara Schoetzau reports Arabic is leading the surge. The su

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

By Barry Wood Washington 06 June 2008 Friday was a very volatile day in financial markets as the oil price rebounded to gain over ten dollars a barrel while US stock prices plummeted following the report of a sharp rise in unemployment. VOA's Barry

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(六月)

President Dmitri Medvedev is calling for constant police monitoring to maintain social order in Russia amid growing unemployment and crime linked to the global economic crisis. Mr. Medvedev is also warning law enforcement officials to fight crime in

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(二月)

今天我们要学的词是alarming。Alarming, 意思是惊人的,引人担忧的。 The economic downturn that has shaken Europe for the last three years has led to an alarming spike in suicide rates, 过去三年里严重影响欧洲的经济滑坡

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Holiday Cheer Leads to Birth-Rate Spike In the United States, theres a holiday that goes hand in hand with romance. So much so that nine months later, theres a spike in the number of babies born. Valentines day? Wrong! It seems that people in the U.S

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年科学美国人2月

President Barack Obama says the U.S. unemployment rate is likely to continue rising for several months, even as the economy recovers from its worst recession in decades. 美国总统奥巴马星期二说,即使经济从这场几十年来最严重的衰

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年7月

歌词: Take me down to the river-bend. Take me down to the fighting end. Wash the poison from off my skin. Show me how to be whole again. Fly me up on a silver wing. Past the black where the sirens sing. Warm me up in the novice glow. And drop me

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲